No announcement yet.

Stargate: Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't forget "Power Play" which is coming out tomorrow... That's the final episode published in 2004...
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

you do like to keep me busy ey!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

We hope to keep lots of people busy... And considering what we currently have in development it will certainly be worth it.

Basically starting with episode 16, there will be an ongoing story-arc that goes through the episodes, leading up to the finale, which will be published in May. There will be a lot of surprising revelations, and unexpected twists and turns coming up in the second half of the season.

Comment

well your keeping me interested and i dont tend to get involved in other fanfictions, so you must be doing something right!

well finished it, very interesting, nice seeing a different side to the tollan compared to omac(that right?) from emigma and the other episodes.

Im amussing the tolan was a one off, cos to be honst, i think thats all we need frm them.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that's nice to hear.

Showing the Tollan from a different side was the plan for this episode all along. I think the Tollan you mentioned is called Omoc, that's right. Although I don't know how to spell it correctly...

Anyway, I think the "The Survivors" is a good stand-alone episode, that fits nicely early into the season.

Comment

yeh was a good episode, now onto rise of the aschen

be nice to see a goa'uld one off aswell!
              sigpic

Comment

A Legendary Ancient Artifact, That Provides One with Incredible Powers, But Also Poses An Incredible Threat; And Sivea Faces A Personal Part Of Her Past, She Would Have Rather Forgotten About

All that, and much more in the final episode of the year 2004.

All New Stargate: Horizon "Power Play" is now online.

The Stargate: Horizon staff has grown strongly during the last few weeks; we are now up to eight people. You can check our staff on the website; also, following the request of some readers, we have added some first cast pictures to the Stargate: Horizon forum. So if you always wanted to know what Colonel Grant, Sivea, Chase and David look like, just take a look. Pictures of Christine, Tom and Lenori will be added soon.

Comment

Just a little update of what I've said yesterday... we now have a picture of every one of the seven main cast members.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, did you have Ben Browder in mind before it was announced that he would be in SG-1 season nine? And since he will be playing a major role in the SG universe outside of Horizon, is it possible that you will change it?
                    Rocky

Comment

You could just use the storyline of twin brothers, seperated at birth. Each followed into a military life, and they eventually met. Or something

http://stargatehorizon.proboards23.c...num=1103784370

Thats the link if you guys don't want to go through all the yada yada yada.

Your cast photos.......just one thought....where's the diversity?

Also, you guys gunna add a link to the forum on the main banner? If you don't want to add it to the top, what you can do:

Copy the top banner, and put it on the bottom. Put two links. One in the center FORUMS, and one that says GATEHOME or something and that leads you home/to the top of the page. Just a thought.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

uh, this is kind of off the topic but what is the team's name? Horizon 1? i havent read all the episodes, so i might have missed it. and how many teams are there? sorry if this has been mentioned and i just haven't caught it.
                        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                          Just out of curiosity, did you have Ben Browder in mind before it was announced that he would be in SG-1 season nine? And since he will be playing a major role in the SG universe outside of Horizon, is it possible that you will change it?
                          That's a funny thing. I did always have Ben Browder in mind for Chase; he just always seemed to fit very well. So I was very, very surprised when it came out that we was going to be on SG-1. I mentioned that in the Stargate: Horizon forum too, in the SG-1 section.... So that felt like a very weird coincidence.

Well, I don't know if we're going to change it. On the one hand it might be good, since he'll be playing another character in the Stargate universe... but then again I really wouldn't know who else would fit that character.

If I had known earlier that he'd be on SG-1, we could have just perhaps have him be the same character, since that would have been a nice connection.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                            uh, this is kind of off the topic but what is the team's name? Horizon 1? i havent read all the episodes, so i might have missed it. and how many teams are there? sorry if this has been mentioned and i just haven't caught it.
                            The team is just called the Horizon team. Although the following teams do have numbers, starting with Horizon-2.

Now, the reason for that is just that it seemed to sound better to just call the main team "the Horizon team", since they're also sort of the senior staff of the station. So technically they would be Horizon-1, but no one calls them that, and the badges on their uniforms just say Horizon, where as the ones on the other teams uniforms have numbers on them.

Another difference is that our main team consists of six members all together; the other off-station teams consist of the regular four members. So far it hasn't been mentioned in an episode how many teams there are. But with the crew receiving more and more new gate addresses from the dialing computer, the number of off-station teams will grow, since they'll be having more and more planets to visit and to explore.

The crew of Horizon consists of around 630 people currently; about half of them are civilian scientists from all over the world - the rest of them are military personnel, also from all over the world.

PS: None of this is off-topic... On the contrary, it's great to talk to you guys about all these things. So any questions will always be answered; and your oppinions are very important to all of us.
                            Last edited by Alex Rubit; 24 December 2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                              You could just use the storyline of twin brothers, seperated at birth. Each followed into a military life, and they eventually met. Or something

http://stargatehorizon.proboards23.c...num=1103784370

Thats the link if you guys don't want to go through all the yada yada yada.

Your cast photos.......just one thought....where's the diversity?

Also, you guys gunna add a link to the forum on the main banner? If you don't want to add it to the top, what you can do:

Copy the top banner, and put it on the bottom. Put two links. One in the center FORUMS, and one that says GATEHOME or something and that leads you home/to the top of the page. Just a thought.
                              Twin brothers... that's a very interesting idea. But I think that we should have mentioned that in the first episode. I thought maybe Ben's character on SG-1 would turn out to be the same as on Horizon, but then I heard who his character was going to be, so I realized they weren't the same guys...

But maybe we can somehow work in that they're connected to each other, once we see Season 9. Well, we'll have to wait... it's too early to tell what we're going to do.

Thanks for adding a link directly to the cast pictures; of course that makes it much more easy to get there.

I'm not sure what you mean by diversity... I think that each of these actors fits the characters just great. It's important to note that the characters were already created, when I started looking for actors. What can I say... it took months until the full cast was together. But every once and I while I would see someone in a show or movie, and I'd say, hey, that's who I was looking for.... And the irony is Ben Browder was the last one to be added; and then it turns out he's going to be on SG-1. Well, I guess sometimes strange things happen...

I think it makes it a lot easier to give each character their own voice when you're writing them, if you know what the voice sounds like. At least for me that makes it easier. So even with the guest characters I either have someone specific in mind, or at least a certain type of actor.

I'm also not sure what you mean by main banner. There's a link to the forum on the website though.

Your suggestion sounds interesting, but just let me know what exactly you mean. Hey, it's Christmas, so I'm a bit slow today... It even snowed just a little here, which is very unusual for Houston. So that's just a great timing.

Thanks a lot for all your comments. Again I want to invite all of you to also post something in the forum of our website every now and then... I'll be customizing that board very soon, so I hope to get some more people together.
                              Last edited by Alex Rubit; 24 December 2004, 08:57 PM.

Comment

By diversity I mean....you have all white people. There's no diversity. I like your choices, but like...I think you could stand to mix it up a bit. Maybe a black person or two. An asian one perhaps. Just a thought.

And by main banner I mean this:

And here is my idea for the bottom:

Also, I noticed that your banner's green emerald has a brown background, is there a reason for that?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X