Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be an excerpt from a scene. I'll get it up either tonight when I get home or first thing in the morning.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

What are the specifications (size, weapons, etc.) of Horizon, the Bellerophon and the X-04? Just so I can start adding to the wiki again...
      SG Vennix
      (Executive Producer/Creator)
      - Coming Soon -
      http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier
      (Executive Producer/Creator)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
        What are the specifications (size, weapons, etc.) of Horizon, the Bellerophon and the X-04? Just so I can start adding to the wiki again...
        We've never stated a specific size in the series as far as I recall, but Horizon is a little over a kilometer in diameter. It has standard Vorian phasial dischargers and, I think, missile cannons. It's been a while since the station itself was involved in a battle, so honestly, I'd have to go back and look up previous episodes to be totally sure.

The X04 (the Valiant) had what was called missile cannons, and the Bellerophon has been equipped with an Asgard weapons array (which was first seen in "Gateway of the Gods").

Comment

I seem to remember some character designs for the various alien species that aren't on the website? Specifically thinking Draque.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            I seem to remember some character designs for the various alien species that aren't on the website? Specifically thinking Draque.
            I had totally forgotten about those, but now that you mention it, I do remember. I think there were sketches for both Draque and Enoly. I'm not sure where those went. I wonder if they might have just been released on the forum, in which case that thread should still be somewhere.

Comment

Well, guess I have a forum treasure hunt later tonight then.

Am curious, have you seen much of SG Universe and what do you think of it?
              sigpic

Comment

Am curious, have you seen much of SG Universe and what do you think of it?
                I absolutely love it! I think it's an amazing show; great writing, great characters, and a great cast!

I caught that some fans have had mixed feelings about it being so different compared to the first two shows, but for me personally, this is the kind of shows that I've always enjoyed! It's more about the characters and it's also more serialized. Of course, I still love SG-1 and Atlantis, but I definitely think this was the perfect approach for a third series.

I think I've mentioned before that I would love to get a chance to write an episode for it at some point down the road. Just need to get my agent (which I'm close to having one now) to set something up when they're taking freelance pitches again, so you never know...

Comment

Exactly my thoughts on the show. I absolutely love the strong characters. I'm extremely fond of Greer and can't wait to see more of him. Really liked his backstory episode.

Getting a chance to write for it would be fantastic - as a fan and as a profession. How is the writing gig going?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, all of the characters are great, and I love all of the various relationships between them!

Everything on the writing front is really going great! I've recently finished a pilot as well as a revised draft of a movie script I've been working on for some time. I've already sent the pilot to some agents and am waiting to hear back from them, which can sometimes take a little while. But there's some great websites through which you can pitch projects to both producers and agents, and it tells you exactly what kind of material they're looking for.

And now I'm juggling working on SGH with working on what will be another pilot and I think I've figured out what my next movie script is going to be. So things are pretty busy, which is great!

Comment

How's your writing evolved over the years? You capable of cracking them out faster now?

Glad to see you're getting somewhere. You'll have to keep us up to date with all your professional projects.
                      sigpic

Comment

How's your writing evolved over the years? You capable of cracking them out faster now?
                        I would say it's definitely come a long way. You can even see that by just comparing the early Season One episodes of SGH to the current episodes.

And that's one of the great things about SGH, it's been a great learning experience. I've really been able to get a great deal of experience when it comes to writing for an ongoing series before even having my first professional gig. It'll also be helpful for getting an agent, because one of the first things an agent will ask you after having read your script is if you've written any other scripts. And all those episodes are potential writing samples. So the truth is, I'm actually very grateful for SGH!

As far as being able to write them faster, it's possible. Pilots and movies usually take longer because you're still finding the characters' voices as you're working on it, but writing an episode for an already established series I find I can do pretty quickly if I need to.

Glad to see you're getting somewhere. You'll have to keep us up to date with all your professional projects.
                        Thanks! I'll definitely do that.
                        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 20 May 2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

So what scripts have you written? Any movies I can go find & watch?

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                            So what scripts have you written? Any movies I can go find & watch?
                            Not yet, but hopefully pretty soon.

I've written a one hour pilot for a contemporary drama, and a science fiction movie that's set in the future. The movie is actually the first part of a trilogy, and I had been working on developing that off and on for a couple of years before even writing the first draft of the script. It will be really exciting to see that come alive. It's way too soon to say when that will be, but one day we should all get to see it on the big screen.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

Do you still have that primer you did for the start of Season 2?

Never mind...think I found it?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...r_-_part.shtml
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X