Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, the Stargate: Horizon concept sounds pretty interesting. I've just started reading the first season's first episode, but something struck me right off the bat: You recast Ben Browder as a new character. Why not just use him as a 7-year veteran version of Cam Mitchell? We've seen from O'Neill's 7-year tenure that one can manage to gate through the galaxy for over half a decade without changing too much.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
      Hey, the Stargate: Horizon concept sounds pretty interesting. I've just started reading the first season's first episode, but something struck me right off the bat: You recast Ben Browder as a new character. Why not just use him as a 7-year veteran version of Cam Mitchell? We've seen from O'Neill's 7-year tenure that one can manage to gate through the galaxy for over half a decade without changing too much.
      Well, for one reason, continuity issues. Second, and perhaps most importantly, "Awakening" went online before it was announced Ben Browder would be joining SG-1.
      Rocky

Comment

Oh, ok. Thanks for replying so quickly.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
          Oh, ok. Thanks for replying so quickly.
          My pleasure. We at Horizon aim to please!
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
            Well, for one reason, continuity issues. Second, and perhaps most importantly, "Awakening" went online before it was announced Ben Browder would be joining SG-1.
            Yep, it’s true. We actually all thought it kinda funny, when we heard the announcement that Ben Browder was being cast in SG-1.

We won’t be doing anything about it though. There are continuity issues, the fact that Ben is prefect for Chase’s character, and most importantly. We had him first.
            Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

I think I've mentioned this before, but, in my mind, Chase and Cameron are cousins.
              Rocky

Comment

I think I've mentioned this before, but, in my mind, Chase and Cameron are cousins.
                Oh, I just figured it was due to Earth's limited, but interesting gene pool.
                Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                  That's very true. It's like Atlantis a spin off to SG-1. In many ways it's a very different show (which it has to be), while at the same time it is Stargate. I dare say you'll find the familiar "Stargate style" on this show; i.e. there's definitely the same type of humor in the episodes. It's also a very character driven show, as you'll see over the course of the season.

I agree. It's always interesting to see how different people visualize the same scene or description. Fortunately we've got a cast, which helps to give everyone the same idea of what the characters look like, and what their voices sound like.

I'm very excited about the 3D images and promo pictures we're working on. You'll be getting to see all of the sets as complete 3D models (once they're completed), as well as exterior images of locations, ships, and of course the Horizon station.
                  Thankyou, couldn't put it better myself
                  I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Me as well.
                    Me to
                    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Only one problem with me though, i cant print them off because each episode that i know of is about a 140 pages, so i don't really want to stick my face in front of the pc all day, if only i had a laptop, i could sit on the lounge, lie in bed and read but i am trying to get use to sitting in front of the computer hehe. Although i think sitting there is a good price to pay for reading a free script of a stargate episode don't you agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                        Only one problem with me though, i cant print them off because each episode that i know of is about a 140 pages, so i don't really want to stick my face in front of the pc all day, if only i had a laptop, i could sit on the lounge, lie in bed and read but i am trying to get use to sitting in front of the computer hehe. Although i think sitting there is a good price to pay for reading a free script of a stargate episode don't you agree.
                        Yeah, that's very true.

You can print the PDF files, though. But I assume you're refering to the amount of paper you'd need for that. However, "Awakening" is the only 140 page long episode, and only because it's parts one and two.

The average length of an episode is between 70 and 80 pages. I probably should mention something about the length, since that could appear pretty long at first. The length has to do partly with the added detail when it comes to scene descriptions; however, it also has to do with the format we've been using. You'll find that both episodes 1.03 and 1.04 are between 55 to 60 pages, which is the regular length if you add some more detail to a script than you normally would. The average length of a shooting script for SG-1 and Atlantis is around 45 pages. We've been adding some more details to make the scripts interesting and easier to read even for people who don't really like to read through scripts, since we're targeting the general audience.

Well, and the reason the length went up is that we've started using a new screenwriting software with 1.05, and that the font size was changed to 12 instead of 10. So, to bottom line it all, the episodes can seem longer than they are. They're around the length of a regular television episode. Some have turned out a bit longer than others, but we do try to keep them at an appropriate length, which is why we occasionaly have deleted scenes, which we'll be releasing as specials on a more regular basis in S2. In fact there are already two scenes which ended up being cut from the final draft of the third episode of S2, which is called "Connection". You'll be getting to see them anyway, though. In fact, you can expect a great deal of special features coming up.
                        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Id like to meet the man with the money for all that ink and paper...and the rest of his stuff!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I only heard about Stargate Horizon today and it looks interesting - love the design of the website, btw.

Black and dark-green - 2 thumbs up!
                            Last edited by LoveYouBaby; 28 August 2005, 05:27 AM.
                            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
                              I only heard about Stargate Horizon today and it looks interesting - love the design of the website, btw.

Black and dark-green - 2 thumbs up!
                              Thank you
                              Sam....

Comment

In case you didn't know, the lovely Sam is our website designer.
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X