No announcement yet.

List of Sam/Jack AU Fics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cake by Heaven in a Wild Flower: Very AU fic. When Sam starts a new life, yet again, in a small Minnesotan town, the last thing she expects is to meet someone like Jack O'Neill. But when Sam's past starts to catch up with her, things take a turn for the worst. Can Jack and Sam's friends help her deal with new and old threats alike? Romance, fluff, drama and, of course, a fair dose of angst to top things off. WIP
    sigpic

Comment

Added both to the AU list!
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Never mind!
        Last edited by fems; 02 August 2013, 11:47 AM.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

actually it's not really AU but more an episode tag
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            actually it's not really AU but more an episode tag
            Oh... Hmm, perhaps I should have paid more attention then. *removes it again*
            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Counterbalance by Sally Reeve
              Season 7 (Fragile Balance, Heroes)

http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=294

Rated PG
              An emergency brings the cloned Jack O'Neill back to the SGC.
              S/J UST, romance, character death (kinda)

This is the only Sam and Jack fanfic that brought a real big, honkin' tear to my eye and I've read plenty of very good angsty/sad stories.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                Counterbalance by Sally Reeve
                Season 7 (Fragile Balance, Heroes)

http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=294

Rated PG
                An emergency brings the cloned Jack O'Neill back to the SGC.
                S/J UST, romance, character death (kinda)

This is the only Sam and Jack fanfic that brought a real big, honkin' tear to my eye and I've read plenty of very good angsty/sad stories.
                That one is already listed under Alternate Realities (A-H). Is that the wrong category (I haven't read it as I don't like stories with the clone) or did you simply overlook it?
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  That one is already listed under Alternate Realities (A-H). Is that the wrong category (I haven't read it as I don't like stories with the clone) or did you simply overlook it?
                  I also think it should be under AU

Comment

Originally posted by damnflamingos View Post
                    I also think it should be under AU
                    As in alternate universe (like the firefighter's verse) or AR (as in There But For the Grace of God)?
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Honestly, I didn't see it listed after a quick scan of the lists. I admit, however, that the AU, AR, and AT distinctions sometimes confuse me! I agree that this is rightfully an AR story. Thanks for the catch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I rechecked and had my definition wrong.

It's canon Sam Jack and clone only takes a different fork in the road sometime after the clone was born(?)

Comment

Yeah, I rechecked and had my definition wrong.

It's canon Sam Jack and clone only takes a different fork in the road sometime after the clone was born(?)
                          Okay, good to know. And yes, fork in the road stuff falls under alternate reality
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            Okay, good to know. And yes, fork in the road stuff falls under alternate reality
                            Yeah, I need to get used to AR, I moved in from BSG fandom and they use mostly AU simply because if it say's AR everyone assumes it's an Adama/Roslin pairing fic.

Comment

Yeah, I need to get used to AR, I moved in from BSG fandom and they use mostly AU simply because if it say's AR everyone assumes it's an Adama/Roslin pairing fic.
                              Ah, understandable. I still use 'AU' for any non-canonical fics I write, even when they're actually AR simply because that's what most people associate with AU (probably due to different non-science fiction fandoms).
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Added a new fic to the AR list. It's a pre-series (well, pre-movie, really) and still a WIP.

The Gulf Between by MrsSwords: An AU story set before the original feature film. It's August 1990, and Sam and Jack are both called up to serve in the Gulf War. How do they originally meet and what impact do they have on each other's lives?
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X