Carson Beckett Fanfic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    When he still didn’t move, she gave a gentle, loving shake of her head and simply turned away to grab the plates of food which Teyla had brought to her only moments before Carson arrived.

Since she wasn’t familiar with the cuisine of Earth, Lansiah had asked the Athosian to help her out and Teyla had been all too willing to oblige. Over the past few days, Lansiah had spent almost as much time with the Athosian as she had in the infirmary with Carson. She had gotten to know the other woman quite well and wasn’t wholly unsurprised to discover that the two of them got along quite well. Having been an only child, Lansiah had never had any siblings but during her time with Teyla, she had begun to feel a bond that was almost sisterly form between them. It was oddly comforting to know that she had a friend such as that, whom she could feel comfortable with to go to about any situation. She had never felt that before and she wasn’t thoroughly enjoying it.

Lansiah came back to the table to find that Carson had finally sat himself at it. When she had put the setup together, she had kept Carson’s injuries in mind and so kept the table against a wall, allowing him to place them against it just behind his chair. Unaware that she had returned, the Hoan took a moment to observe her friend. She was more than well aware that he was putting on a front for his friends when they were around and though she didn’t expect him to do that with her, she often found it easier to observe the truth about a situation or a person if they do not know you are there.

Carson sat at the table with his right leg stretched out underneath it. His left was bent at the knee, the calf sitting under his chair. He wore a pair of deep blue jeans loose enough to fit over the supple bandaging on his injured leg. His torso was dressed in a midnight blue dress shirt with white buttons down the front. Thin stripes could be seen on the shirt if one looked close enough but she supposed that no one save her would take the time to stare that hard. On his feet he wore soft leather boots that ended just below his ankles, the rim of the shoe cupping his ankle in an almost loving curve. Between the shoes and his bare feet he wore dark blue socks which peeked out just beneath the end of his jeans. His left hand held onto his right, gently massaging the injured hand as he stared off at nothing in particular.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Oh!
      Spoiler:
      If I were to ask you to think of a food that Lansiah wouldn't know but that Carson would find hilarious that she served - what would it be?

I have this image of Lansiah apologizing for not getting the food herself but saying that Teyla assured her that it was good then Carson bursting out laughing because of the dish but I don't know what to do. Thoughts? Sorry if I'm interrupting anything btw. I forgot that you're probably working on your banner.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        Spoiler:
        When he still didn’t move, she gave a gentle, loving shake of her head and simply turned away to grab the plates of food which Teyla had brought to her only moments before Carson arrived.

Since she wasn’t familiar with the cuisine of Earth, Lansiah had asked the Athosian to help her out and Teyla had been all too willing to oblige. Over the past few days, Lansiah had spent almost as much time with the Athosian as she had in the infirmary with Carson. She had gotten to know the other woman quite well and wasn’t wholly unsurprised to discover that the two of them got along quite well. Having been an only child, Lansiah had never had any siblings but during her time with Teyla, she had begun to feel a bond that was almost sisterly form between them. It was oddly comforting to know that she had a friend such as that, whom she could feel comfortable with to go to about any situation. She had never felt that before and she wasn’t thoroughly enjoying it.

Lansiah came back to the table to find that Carson had finally sat himself at it. When she had put the setup together, she had kept Carson’s injuries in mind and so kept the table against a wall, allowing him to place them against it just behind his chair. Unaware that she had returned, the Hoan took a moment to observe her friend. She was more than well aware that he was putting on a front for his friends when they were around and though she didn’t expect him to do that with her, she often found it easier to observe the truth about a situation or a person if they do not know you are there.

Carson sat at the table with his right leg stretched out underneath it. His left was bent at the knee, the calf sitting under his chair. He wore a pair of deep blue jeans loose enough to fit over the supple bandaging on his injured leg. His torso was dressed in a midnight blue dress shirt with white buttons down the front. Thin stripes could be seen on the shirt if one looked close enough but she supposed that no one save her would take the time to stare that hard. On his feet he wore soft leather boots that ended just below his ankles, the rim of the shoe cupping his ankle in an almost loving curve. Between the shoes and his bare feet he wore dark blue socks which peeked out just beneath the end of his jeans. His left hand held onto his right, gently massaging the injured hand as he stared off at nothing in particular.
        Love it, as usual!

Oh!
        Spoiler:
        If I were to ask you to think of a food that Lansiah wouldn't know but that Carson would find hilarious that she served - what would it be?

I have this image of Lansiah apologizing for not getting the food herself but saying that Teyla assured her that it was good then Carson bursting out laughing because of the dish but I don't know what to do. Thoughts? Sorry if I'm interrupting anything btw. I forgot that you're probably working on your banner.
        Hmm.....
        Spoiler:
        Is he laughing in delight at the meal? Or is he laughing because he doesn't like it?

Nope, not interrupting. I was fussing at my daughter about something and working on "Of Memories and Dreams."

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          Love it, as usual!

Hmm.....
          Spoiler:
          Is he laughing in delight at the meal? Or is he laughing because he doesn't like it?

Nope, not interrupting. I was fussing at my daughter about something and working on "Of Memories and Dreams."
          In delight. Like it's his favorite thing and he discovers that his friends have had the kitchen make it just for him (and her). Or something the like.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

In delight. Like it's his favorite thing and he discovers that his friends have had the kitchen make it just for him (and her). Or something the like.
            You could do haggis, of course. But that's over done to the point of cliche in my opinion.

There's Scotch Broth, which is what I used in TWS.

And this page has a list of Scottish cuisine if you scroll down a bit.

Comment

You could do haggis, of course. But that's over done to the point of cliche in my opinion.

There's Scotch Broth, which is what I used in TWS.

And this page has a list of Scottish cuisine if you scroll down a bit.
              I found a site that I love for Scottish references.

Rampant Scotland
              It seems like a bunch of hooey but I've actually found my proverb for my siggie here. And I found the two recipes I show Carson making in BtS here. At this page Traditional Scottish Recipes

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

I found a site that I love for Scottish references.

Rampant Scotland
                It seems like a bunch of hooey but I've actually found my proverb for my siggie here. And I found the two recipes I show Carson making in BtS here. At this page Traditional Scottish Recipes
                Bookmarked.

OH!!! A friend of mine on the Major Lorne thread and the Team Flyboy thread put me in touch with a lady who actually lives in Edinburgh. That person sent me a list of links for Scotland, one of which will help us both with the accent. It's an interactive map. When you click on a location, you can listen to people from that area discussing their accents!

BBC The Voices

Comment

Bookmarked.

OH!!! A friend of mine on the Major Lorne thread and the Team Flyboy thread put me in touch with a lady who actually lives in Edinburgh. That person sent me a list of links for Scotland, one of which will help us both with the accent. It's an interactive map. When you click on a location, you can listen to people from that area discussing their accents!

BBC The Voices
                  It's telling me server not found.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

It's telling me server not found.
                    That's 'cause I goofed in typing the link. Try it now.

Comment

Gotcha - thanks. That's cool.

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

AND I think I'm done writing for the night. Oh well, at least I got further on my fics. Even if they are full of run-ons.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Gotcha - thanks. That's cool.
                          You're welcome.

I thought so. I pick up accents so quickly, though, I'll have to be aware to not talk like that when I'm done listening.

Comment

AND I think I'm done writing for the night. Oh well, at least I got further on my fics. Even if they are full of run-ons.
                            No worries. And I understand.

Comment

You're welcome.

I thought so. I pick up accents so quickly, though, I'll have to be aware to not talk like that when I'm done listening.
                              I couldn't actually hear it because I was missing a plug in but the idea is cool.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Challenge entry and new Carson fic! Come on, I know you're excited. It's okay to dance!

Of Dreams and Memories

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X