Carson Beckett Fanfic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    And why do I feel like things are about to go badly?

I love it! Especially Carson's parts. I could actually hear his voice in my head!
    Cuz they always do.

Yay. I was worried about getting Carson's reactions right.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      Cuz they always do.

Yay. I was worried about getting Carson's reactions right.
      Oh, no, they were perfect!

Comment

Finished it and sent it off to you.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Finished it and sent it off to you.
          Got it. Working on another sig/avi combo that hit me out of the blue, and then I'll read it.

Comment

Got it. Working on another sig/avi combo that hit me out of the blue, and then I'll read it.
            Okay. It's short so it shouldn't take long.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Okay. It's short so it shouldn't take long.
              I'm not worried.

Comment

Recently added explanation scene for Shep Entry:

Spoiler:
                “Try me Rodney,” Beckett replied. If he hadn’t been paying close attention, John would have swore that that was all that had passed but as it was, the pilot noticed Carson wave his injured arm just slightly in Rodney’s direction, driving his real reason for the attitude home to both men. The Scot was angry at the physicist for his injury that while not debilitating was hard to work with in a job that used your hands as much as Carson used his. Therefore he was keeping Rodney in the infirmary, a place the scientist did not want to be, out of spite.

“What happened?” John asked, hoping to break up the tension.

“Doctor Voodoo over here overloaded both you and the city,” Rodney responded unhappily, pointing his head towards where Beckett stood to the right of his bed. “It caused Atlantis to put a defensive shield so fast, the combined force of the two energy fields caused enough power to create a wave powerful enough to knock Doctor Voodoo on his face, me over and you off the chair where you quite ungracefully landed on the floor.”

“Oh,” John answered for lack of anything else better to say. He gave them both a smile that was about as real as cubic zirconium. “Well, that’s good to know.”

“And Colonel, how are you feeling today?” The false cheeriness in his voice did nothing to fool John. He knew the doc was trying to put on a show of being fine when he was privately still fuming at Rodney and more than a little embarrassed by his lack of control with the ancient technology.

“Alright doc, how about you?” John answered with a nod of his head at the casted arm.

“Och, I’ll be fine. It was a clean break thankfully so it should heal fairly quickly.” While he talked, Carson presented the arm for presentation, a move that was wise given how protective they all were of each other, but grimaced when he began rotating the limb and drew it back against his body. “Now. How’s your head? Do ya need anythin’ before I go?”

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

Recently added explanation scene for Shep Entry:

Spoiler:
                  “Try me Rodney,” Beckett replied. If he hadn’t been paying close attention, John would have swore that that was all that had passed but as it was, the pilot noticed Carson wave his injured arm just slightly in Rodney’s direction, driving his real reason for the attitude home to both men. The Scot was angry at the physicist for his injury that while not debilitating was hard to work with in a job that used your hands as much as Carson used his. Therefore he was keeping Rodney in the infirmary, a place the scientist did not want to be, out of spite.

“What happened?” John asked, hoping to break up the tension.

“Doctor Voodoo over here overloaded both you and the city,” Rodney responded unhappily, pointing his head towards where Beckett stood to the right of his bed. “It caused Atlantis to put a defensive shield so fast, the combined force of the two energy fields caused enough power to create a wave powerful enough to knock Doctor Voodoo on his face, me over and you off the chair where you quite ungracefully landed on the floor.”

“Oh,” John answered for lack of anything else better to say. He gave them both a smile that was about as real as cubic zirconium. “Well, that’s good to know.”

“And Colonel, how are you feeling today?” The false cheeriness in his voice did nothing to fool John. He knew the doc was trying to put on a show of being fine when he was privately still fuming at Rodney and more than a little embarrassed by his lack of control with the ancient technology.

“Alright doc, how about you?” John answered with a nod of his head at the casted arm.

“Och, I’ll be fine. It was a clean break thankfully so it should heal fairly quickly.” While he talked, Carson presented the arm for presentation, a move that was wise given how protective they all were of each other, but grimaced when he began rotating the limb and drew it back against his body. “Now. How’s your head? Do ya need anythin’ before I go?”
                  I love it! It doesn't leave me with the confusion of Sheppard, Rodney, and Carson being whumped while not knowing what happened. And it reads like it was there the first time.

Comment

I love it! It doesn't leave me with the confusion of Sheppard, Rodney, and Carson being whumped while not knowing what happened. And it reads like it was there the first time.
                    Awesome thanks! Nice sig/avi btw.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Awesome thanks! Nice sig/avi btw.
                      Thank you. That's the one from the tutorial I was fighting with.

Comment

I just noticed the word limit on the Shep challenge. It's only supposed to be 1000 and I'm at 2000 after editing it. Such is life I suppose.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

I just noticed the word limit on the Shep challenge. It's only supposed to be 1000 and I'm at 2000 after editing it. Such is life I suppose.
                          That's irritating.

Comment

That's irritating.
                            Yeah it was. They told me to forget about the word limit and post it anyways. One person loved the way I had Carson get back at Rodney.

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Yeah it was. They told me to forget about the word limit and post it anyways. One person loved the way I had Carson get back at Rodney.
                              I saw another challenge entry that was well over the 1000 word limit. And the way Carson got back at Rodney was AWESOME!!!

Comment

Here's a new fic. It's surrounded on Shep but there's lots of Carson (and whumped-ish Carson at that ) in it too.

Splat

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X