Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*raises hand*

My name is mathpiglet and I know nothing about Transformers.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

*pats mathpiglet on the shoulder*

I know a little...but mostly from the (80's?) cartoon. Sorry Awinita -keeping Stargate straight in my head (without adding any crossovers) is a monumental task by itself.

But best wishes on your ficting!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

By the 80's, I was way too busy to watch cartoons much, and I think that's probably why I missed it, because most of the gaps in my knowledge of such things begin then. Though even so, what minuscule amount I know about Transformers indicates that yeah, just not my thing.

I'd have a hard time writing any kind of crossover, too, I think. One fandom at a time is enough for me. If I ever write fanfic in any fandom other than Stargate, it'll probably be either Classic Trek or TNG, possibly Quantum Leap, or outside of television, it would be Anne McCaffrey's Pern.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

*Gulps and holds his hand up*

I remember 'Transformers' the cartoon from the 80's...
          It was shown here in the UK as part of The Wide Awake Club in the mornings.
          But I wasn't really into it.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I do remember watching Transformers cartoons as a kid, and enjoying them, but they weren't my favourite - I was far more into things like Thundercats and best of all, Ulysses 31 (of all the French/Japanese Roman mythology/science fiction animated series, it's my favourite...).

It's only with the recent movies that I paid much attention to Transformers if I'm honest.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I loved to watch Transformers. I never learned more than five names names, though.
              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

biggest thing i remember about transformers is when McDonalds had 'transformer' happy meal toys that turned from egg mcmuffins into critters....so a while ago
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*places Transformers themed cake on the counter, and ice cream in the fridge*

There's forks and spoons...enjoy, everyone -especially Awinita!

*wanders out to ponder plausibility issues in newest fic*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*slices a transformer neatly in half*

This place is quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                      This place is quiet.
                      Tempting fate in 3...2...1...
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Anyone know if those 'shape-up' shoes actual do help tone muscles? As a random question that might inspire conversation.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Tempting fate in 3...2...1...
                          Heheh.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                            Anyone know if those 'shape-up' shoes actual do help tone muscles? As a random question that might inspire conversation.
                            I heard that the only muscles they tone are the muscles in your feet! Do you want muscular feet?

Hi Sealurk and SF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                              I heard that the only muscles they tone are the muscles in your feet! Do you want muscular feet?

Hi Sealurk and SF!!!
                              I have muscular feet.

Comment

There you go. You don't need special shoes!

Comment

Working...
                                X