Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the pizza even hot?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Goodness! Let's just hope the was the Universe's way of getting all your bad luck out at once.
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
        Was the pizza even hot?
        They claimed the delivery guy couldn't find my house number the first time (when I called after 70 minutes, considering it was supposed to arrive between 45-60 minutes) and was looking around at the neighbor's and since I'd already paid (online) for it I wanted them to deliver it anyway - I was very hungry too. They made a new one but that took another hour and a half to arrive, of which I'm not sure what they did with it. But it was warm when it finally did arrive, but it cooled down pretty fast...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Gah, did you have to pay for the second and third pizzas?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Gah, did you have to pay for the second and third pizzas?
            Hell no! I paid for the first one and that's all I was going to pay. I got a free soda for the inconvenience but that was already promised at the second phone call, by the third or fourth he was offering me a deal (extra pizza or free bread etc) for next time. But I don't think I'll be ordering there again... the pizza tasted good, though. Then again, I was so hungry the cardboard it was in would have probably tasted good.
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Mhm. What kind of pizza did you get?

Comment

I don't remember. It was tasty, though.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I hope it was. I love pizza.

Comment

Oh, dear, fems! What a day for you and that teacher. That's ridiculous with the pizza. I keep dough mix in the pantry, as well as sauce; we always have mozzarella on hand. We have a place like that here--took an hour to find out they'd lost my slip (with the order on it) so it never got made, even though we'd paid for it; another minutes and I had it, finally. It's good pizza but expensive, and frankly, the service is always lousy. There's not too many places in our new area that I know of, yet, at least not with good pizza. Guess I'll be making a lot of homemade.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Dude, with all our Pubixes there's no excuse for not making fresh pizza. Their dough is amazing!
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        Oh, dear, fems! What a day for you and that teacher. That's ridiculous with the pizza. I keep dough mix in the pantry, as well as sauce; we always have mozzarella on hand. We have a place like that here--took an hour to find out they'd lost my slip (with the order on it) so it never got made, even though we'd paid for it; another minutes and I had it, finally. It's good pizza but expensive, and frankly, the service is always lousy. There's not too many places in our new area that I know of, yet, at least not with good pizza. Guess I'll be making a lot of homemade.
                        Pizza rant:
                        Spoiler:
                        The pizzeria guy gave me all kinds of excuses and he even claimed the delivery guy had called me the first time but couldn't reach me. When I said I didn't receive a call he claimed it went to voicemail, but when I pointed out that I didn't have missed calls or voicemail messages he didn't have a retort. The next call he said the same thing and when I pointed out that perhaps the delivery guy was lying about it because there weren't any issues with my phone the man claimed he'd called me too and got a busy signal, but that's impossible since I can switch calls (not that I was on the phone during that time or anything). Later on the story changed and after the third time he'd claimed it would be "just five minutes" he said he would call the delivery guy to ask what was taking so long and get back to me: then he said that I was 3rd on the delivery guy's list and he'd just left number two, so he should be there in no longer than "five minutes". Of course, that took another fifteen minutes but I was just stunned they would put me third on the list when I was already waiting for about two hours by then! ö Such bad service. The guy on the phone had said it was very busy but you'd think they'd give priority to someone whose order you've already screwed up several times and who has already paid!

Oh and the delivery guy had a story about how the telephone operator had written down a non-existent house number, but I'd ordered online and I'm pretty sure they just get a printout with the order on it, including the address I filled out (correctly). And he claimed it took him 15 minutes to get from his second address to mine due to an accident on the road, but there is no mention of any accidents in that area online.

Bunch of lying bastards...

When I got an email from the delivery website (which basically has all kinds of restaurants and take outs listed from which you can order online and through which you pay, if you choose to do so online) asking to review my order, it had only just arrived a few minutes earlier and I made sure to give them a bad review. I noticed there were two more saying the deliveries were very late, but they didn't specify as to how late.

~

My feet are also sore from yoga on Monday and walking all over town in my 2.5 inch heels yesterday. I even had a blister on one foot... It was very uncomfortable to have to walk to work today, but I put on some sneakers (which looked silly with my skirt and tights, but my coworker thought it was new fashion or something until I explained the story ) and walked briskly, which meant I got here within 20 minutes. My legs were protesting after some of the yoga exercises, but I think walking to and from work today might actually help in me getting over those aches at the end of the day. Guess that's a good thing.

Got to look on the bright side, right?

My coworker also told me there's a bike shop just around the corner here that sells bikes relatively cheaply, so I think I might check it out this afternoon.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                          Dude, with all our Pubixes there's no excuse for not making fresh pizza. Their dough is amazing!
                          Never had it. I've used the Jiffy, plus I have a recipe of my dad's that is AWESOME, and I've used the pre-made in the plastic bag ones (I shop at Wal-Mart 85% of the time).

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Pizza rant:
                          Spoiler:
                          The pizzeria guy gave me all kinds of excuses and he even claimed the delivery guy had called me the first time but couldn't reach me. When I said I didn't receive a call he claimed it went to voicemail, but when I pointed out that I didn't have missed calls or voicemail messages he didn't have a retort. The next call he said the same thing and when I pointed out that perhaps the delivery guy was lying about it because there weren't any issues with my phone the man claimed he'd called me too and got a busy signal, but that's impossible since I can switch calls (not that I was on the phone during that time or anything). Later on the story changed and after the third time he'd claimed it would be "just five minutes" he said he would call the delivery guy to ask what was taking so long and get back to me: then he said that I was 3rd on the delivery guy's list and he'd just left number two, so he should be there in no longer than "five minutes". Of course, that took another fifteen minutes but I was just stunned they would put me third on the list when I was already waiting for about two hours by then! ö Such bad service. The guy on the phone had said it was very busy but you'd think they'd give priority to someone whose order you've already screwed up several times and who has already paid!

Oh and the delivery guy had a story about how the telephone operator had written down a non-existent house number, but I'd ordered online and I'm pretty sure they just get a printout with the order on it, including the address I filled out (correctly). And he claimed it took him 15 minutes to get from his second address to mine due to an accident on the road, but there is no mention of any accidents in that area online.

Bunch of lying bastards...

When I got an email from the delivery website (which basically has all kinds of restaurants and take outs listed from which you can order online and through which you pay, if you choose to do so online) asking to review my order, it had only just arrived a few minutes earlier and I made sure to give them a bad review. I noticed there were two more saying the deliveries were very late, but they didn't specify as to how late.

~

My feet are also sore from yoga on Monday and walking all over town in my 2.5 inch heels yesterday. I even had a blister on one foot... It was very uncomfortable to have to walk to work today, but I put on some sneakers (which looked silly with my skirt and tights, but my coworker thought it was new fashion or something until I explained the story ) and walked briskly, which meant I got here within 20 minutes. My legs were protesting after some of the yoga exercises, but I think walking to and from work today might actually help in me getting over those aches at the end of the day. Guess that's a good thing.

Got to look on the bright side, right?

My coworker also told me there's a bike shop just around the corner here that sells bikes relatively cheaply, so I think I might check it out this afternoon.
                          Ouchie feet! The sneakers and skirt look actually was very popular here (especially in major cities, like NYC) back in the 80s; lots of women had long walks to work even after the subway or the train, so they'd wear their sneakers and bring their heels. You're reviving a trend! I feel your exercise pain. I'm still sore from over-doing calisthenics on Saturday, and yesterday was my day to do them again (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). Today, I'll go for my walk. AFTER I bundle up. Currently, the weather website shows it as being 59F in our area, chilly for folks who are used to (and just had yesterday) a temp in the 90s F.

So, we got all of our packing lists together and emailed them to hubby, who will give them to the moving companies to get a rough estimate of price for his boss. Sometime this week or early next, they should be contacting me to come by and eyeball the place for a better estimate. I'm so excited that we're getting this close! The week of graduation:

Sunday: Hubby arrives (and possibly my dad)
                          Monday: BB's Graduation
                          Tuesday: Open day
                          Wednesday: LB's last day of school
                          Thursday: Moving company arrives, packs up
                          Friday: We were going to do cleaning, but we'll probably do the walk-through after their cleaning company comes (they'll clean for about $150, and the apartments are really bad about charging you for stuff that's not clean, so...extortion it is).
                          Saturday: We leave for MD

Hubby's company is not only paying for the move, but will also put us up in a hotel for a couple of nights. And I don't know exactly when my dad is coming in/leaving yet. I'll make his arrangements next week, once I'm completely done with taxes.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Bad news, didn't make it to the final ten for the petting zoo/gardener job -- I scored 26,71/50 which was enough, but not enough to go through to the next round. I'm disappointed, but I would probably have been more disappointed if I had been allowed to go the next round, considering the next round is on the 23rd when I'm in Portugal.

And DHL also doesn't have need of me as potential employee...

Thus that brings me back to GO instead of halfway there. Thus, I'm in a bad mood today, disappointed and mad and sad... and bye bye self-esteem.... yet again.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Bad news, didn't make it to the final ten for the petting zoo/gardener job -- I scored 26,71/50 which was enough, but not enough to go through to the next round. I'm disappointed, but I would probably have been more disappointed if I had been allowed to go the next round, considering the next round is on the 23rd when I'm in Portugal.

And DHL also doesn't have need of me as potential employee...

Thus that brings me back to GO instead of halfway there. Thus, I'm in a bad mood today, disappointed and mad and sad... and bye bye self-esteem.... yet again.
                              {{HUGS}} darling. I'm so sorry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                                {{HUGS}} darling. I'm so sorry.
                                Meh... I'll get over it ... eventually... just need time.

Because...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X