No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also overhauling my Covert Affairs story. I've also got class work, and shoveling to do.

WW, be sure to invest in a snow shovel when you move!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      I'm also overhauling my Covert Affairs story. I've also got class work, and shoveling to do.

WW, be sure to invest in a snow shovel when you move!
      Sounds like you're keeping busy, Sparky.

I'm sure my hubby already has one.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        Sounds like you're keeping busy, Sparky.

I'm sure my hubby already has one.
        Yeah, I'm keeping busy. I hate snow!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Happy Imbolc, everyone!
          Up until 2 hours ago I would have had to say, "Happy what now?", but due to some research earlier why the 2nd of February is pancake day (or why we have pancakes on Lichtmis (in dutch) or Candlemass (in English) day) I now know the Catholic church once again stole a pagan holiday for their own agenda.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Up until 2 hours ago I would have had to say, "Happy what now?", but due to some research earlier why the 2nd of February is pancake day (or why we have pancakes on Lichtmis (in dutch) or Candlemass (in English) day) I now know the Catholic church once again stole a pagan holiday for their own agenda.
            They sure did. Even stole the name, in a way. It used to be the day that candles were made for the coming year from the animal fat that was left (I'm assuming from the winter celebrations). Hence, "Candlemass".
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
              I finally got an answer and it was "it can't be done". Employers cannot contribute to health insurance polices bought directly through healthcare.gov. They CAN, however, reimburse employees (or give an allowance) to help defray premium costs. Either way, employees will pay the entire cost of their policy (less the subsidy amount, if available) out of pocket and insurance does, of course, bill in advance monthly.
              Hmmm...would that mean the reimbursement is still taxable income?

Happy Imbolc, everyone! I got up this morning, made some coffee, and wrote 533 words--the only ones I've written in months. Propitious start, I think on the holiday that marks beginnings.

I've done a lot of cleaning today, too, and am about to head back to research and some more writing.
              *confetti* mazel tov!!!

My Muze has finally returned from her road trip, but sits in the corner, playing with her Sherlock dolls, steadfastly ignoring my pleas for her to help me with either my RL story or my SG-1 fic. *rollseyes*
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Muses can be cruel that way... I'm sorry, nothing to be done about it.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  Hmmm...would that mean the reimbursement is still taxable income?

All employer contributions to health care (outside of the still available and traditionally handled group policies) are now post-tax. That means whether the employer gives an allowance for Exchange purchased health care or reimburses and employee for Exchange purchased health care, the employee is paying all those costs out of pocket with income they've already paid taxes on. The good news is, for folks that itemize their deductions rather than taking the standard deduction, monies spent on health care (including premiums for insurance) can be deducted as a line item.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I live ey I'd seen the light!!!

But it was the Disney Dream coming *incert really loud ships horn here*

The Cruise, it was awesome!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Ok I have a serious question to ask. I'd appreciate some help with picking some birthday presents for two of my neices.

The reason I ask is... The youngest will be 10 and the eldest will be 13.
                      I usually give them Cash or vouchers. But as they are both hitting milestone birthdays I'd like some suggestions on what to get them.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                        Ok I have a serious question to ask. I'd appreciate some help with picking some birthday presents for two of my neices.

I usually give them Cash or vouchers. But as they are both hitting milestone birthdays I'd like some suggestions on what to get them.
                        What are they interested in?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

As Gatefan says, lets start with their interests. Are they girlie-girls or tomboys? Do they like video games or horses or pretty dresses or what?
                          sigpic

Comment

To answer all your questions.
                            They all have a wide range of interests. They can be 'girlie girls'. They do have a little tom-boy streak. They also like dolls and horses.

They also like Doctor Who...
                            If I got them video games they would be 'For Everyone'. That is a rule my sister has.

I have thought about it. And I am going to ask my sister if they have 'Charm' bracelets. And I'll get them a charm each. Or a peice of jewellery just for them.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

To answer all your questions.
                              They all have a wide range of interests. They can be 'girlie girls'. They do have a little tom-boy streak. They also like dolls and horses.

They also like Doctor Who...
                              If I got them video games they would be 'For Everyone'. That is a rule my sister has.

I have thought about it. And I am going to ask my sister if they have 'Charm' bracelets. And I'll get them a charm each. Or a peice of jewellery just for them.
                              If they don't have horses, but like/would like to ride, maybe a trail ride and lunch somewhere special with Uncle Starfist? The jewelry sounds like a great idea, too--something they can keep and treasure all of their lives.
                              sigpic

Comment

It depends on your budget too... As for liking horses, could it be possible to get them riding lessons? I know when I was about that age my grandmother bought us (my sister and I) ten lessons each at our local riding school; we were ecstatic! Of course, by the time the lessons were over we didn't want to stop and lots of pocket money went into funding our own lessons... only for the bug to bite me again in my later teens and I paid for another two years or so by using part of my wages from my parttime job
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X