No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i think i've seen it. Doesn't quite appeal and I haven't ever had it.

Round here though, fries and white gravy are good comfort food. I think if you toss in a few cheddar cheese curds it might be the US version of poutine. (canadians don't get white gravy, all I've seen is brown gravy)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      yeah, i think i've seen it. Doesn't quite appeal and I haven't ever had it.

Round here though, fries and white gravy are good comfort food. I think if you toss in a few cheddar cheese curds it might be the US version of poutine. (canadians don't get white gravy, all I've seen is brown gravy)
      I make a pretty good white gravy from bacon drippings...but it is supposed to go over biscuits.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        No no no no...

THIS is what i had for dinner. Didn't finish it all, had to get two other guys to help me eat it

GOd i'm not going to eat again for a week... :|
        Looks awesome but being Southern... I have to have my gravy!

However.. I'd try it... lord, looks like enough to find an army!
        This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          OT language question (because we all know I'm a language geek):

I see you use "properly" all the time where someone from the US would use "probably". I know I see "probably" from other Brits I'm acquainted with, so is that more of a local variation in your specific area, or what? Just color me curious...
          Um...er ...um.... *meekly* i don't know

Gravy and cheese over chips? Yeah hasn't really caught on over here in the UK.
          Now Indian, Chinese, Thai, or Italian, those have caught on quite well

(We know our foods in trouble when it turns out some 'Indian dishes' are UK only XD )
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Is it like moo goo gai pan and crab rangoon are americanizations of chinese food...stuff you can't find in china (to quote a friend of mine 'there ain't no cream cheese in china')

I know i often prefer americanized mexican food....aka lots of cheese
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Food...

I had a very nice Chinese meal yesterday.
              Chicken and Pork fried rice. With Sweet and sour Chicken and Pork Cantonese style.

To be honest it's one of my regular take out choices.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Something's been bugging me for a while now. Unlike other forums I've been to (or still go to), I don't have any nicknames for my buddies.

I gotta go walk a dog, but I'd like to discuss this when I get back. It just feels...odd.
                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Is it like moo goo gai pan and crab rangoon are americanizations of chinese food...stuff you can't find in china (to quote a friend of mine 'there ain't no cream cheese in china')
                  LOL! But ooh yeah, crab rangoon is yummy!

I know i often prefer americanized mexican food....aka lots of cheese
                  I like both authentic and Americanized Mexican food. Around here, I can get either one quite easily, and the more I eat of the authentic stuff, the more I find myself liking it even better than the ersatz versions I was accustomed to before.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

All this talk of food is making me hungry...

I'll have to try some of the dishes mentioned if I have a chance to visit the United States.

But if I'm having a Curry... I like to make it myself... I like to cook...

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                      An idea: you could look at names the Roman Catholics use for their various strata of the church. They would be in Latin and look very official.
                      Not a bad idea at all.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                        Mmmm... poutine... *craves*
                        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Poutine

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Ok. I'm going to have to add Poutine to the things to try list...

But I do like a Curry sauce over my chips, on the rare occasions that I have them.
                            Where I live the local Fish and Chip shop... Was once voted the best in the UK....
                            And is still classed as one of the best locally.

Comment

All this talk of fast food and greasy spoons has got me doodling "alien-ish" fast food stalls for a setting. (More "rustic noodle bar" than "McDonalds" you understand )

Look what you people make me do!

ps: ooooo. Messaging has lots of new shiny buttons. (Oh what fun we'll have!)
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

All this talk of food has got my stomach rumbling enough to register on seismographs. Just trying to work out what I can swipe when I raid the kitchen...
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X