Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I've had that happen several times and just have to say a loud no and hang up, even if it's rude of me.

I'd love to read a fanfic involving something like that.
    Well, if you've called them to cancel something, hanging up won't get the job done, either. Urgh. Why does everything have to be such a hassle?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Urgh. Why does everything have to be such a hassle?
      because if your on commission and in a lower paying job ... ...

aka: life is unfair!

(especially since Sealurk, mathpiglet and Starfist ate ALL the cake!! )
      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Well, if you've called them to cancel something, hanging up won't get the job done, either. Urgh. Why does everything have to be such a hassle?
        Oh, I just meant that if I do and they start trying to sell me something else and I say no, that should be the end of it. And if they do keep trying to sell something, I can just hang up. I make sure I get a cancellation confirmation first before I rudely hang up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          *checks wallet to see if he can afford poster and in process dislodges a dead moth, an avalanche of dust and an angry spider*
          I have dust bunnies in my wallet. I hear them whining in there sometimes, but there's not much I can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            *hang up new poster over water cooler*

Wraith, just google it and it you'll get the full text.
            This is hilarious. It says it's 78% likely that my (wonderful, darling, sweet) kitty is plotting to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
              because if your on commission and in a lower paying job ... ...

aka: life is unfair!

(especially since Sealurk, mathpiglet and Starfist ate ALL the cake!! )
              She probably isn't on commission so much as that she has goals of retention, upsell, etc. that determine whether she gets a bonus at the end of the week/month/quarter/year or possibly even whether she keeps her job. (Why yes, I've worked in a call center before; why do you ask? And it sucked.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Quantum fridge, meet quantum office-friendly dog.
                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Oh, I just meant that if I do and they start trying to sell me something else and I say no, that should be the end of it. And if they do keep trying to sell something, I can just hang up. I make sure I get a cancellation confirmation first before I rudely hang up.
                  ...of course, an air horn works also...

Hey all! This is my friend...hedwig. Please make her feel welcome (I'd like her to visit with us for a long time).

*sets 7-layer chocolate torte with fudge icing and "Welcome hedwig" decoration on top on the counter (sets vanilla creme torte next to it for those who don't like chocolate)*

Please, alll...enjoy. Remember: zero calories!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

hedwig! You're not new. But you're welcome anyway!
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      ...of course, an air horn works also...
                      And is needlessly painful and possibly injurious to the eardrums of the poor person on the other end of the line whose supervisor has been breathing down her neck all shift, which is probably why she's being pushy. Having worked in call centers before, I can tell you that unless our supervisors were listening in on our calls, most of us would generally back off after the first couple of refusals by the customer, even if the rules for our workplace told us to push on. Remember, we all had phones and lives outside of work, and we had plenty of opportunities ourselves to be the annoyed customer, so we tried very hard not to annoy our own customers. But when the boss is over your shoulder or plugged into your call, you don't really have much choice but to do what the boss expects, if you want to keep your job.

Hey all! This is my friend...hedwig. Please make her feel welcome (I'd like her to visit with us for a long time).

*sets 7-layer chocolate torte with fudge icing and "Welcome hedwig" decoration on top on the counter (sets vanilla creme torte next to it for those who don't like chocolate)*

Please, alll...enjoy. Remember: zero calories!
                      Okay, now I'm amazed that Hedwig hasn't already been a regular in this thread. Welcome, Hedwig!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Okay, now I'm amazed that Hedwig hasn't already been a regular in this thread. Welcome, Hedwig!
                        Thank you for the welcome. I hate to admit it, but I didn't even know this thread existed until SaraB mentioned it. One would think that as often as I browse through the various threads around here I would have stumbled across it by now. Oh well. Better late than never.

Comment

And is needlessly painful and possibly injurious to the eardrums of the poor person on the other end of the line whose supervisor has been breathing down her neck all shift, which is probably why she's being pushy. Having worked in call centers before, I can tell you that unless our supervisors were listening in on our calls, most of us would generally back off after the first couple of refusals by the customer, even if the rules for our workplace told us to push on. Remember, we all had phones and lives outside of work, and we had plenty of opportunities ourselves to be the annoyed customer, so we tried very hard not to annoy our own customers. But when the boss is over your shoulder or plugged into your call, you don't really have much choice but to do what the boss expects, if you want to keep your job.
                          ... of course you realize I'm the LAST person who would do something so mean to some poor person who just has a job to do? I'm the one sitting there listening politely as my spouse is fuming in the background. I actually go for the polite refusal, followed by the firm refusal, followed by the hanging up.

But thinking about the air horn makes me smile, which keeps it pleasant for the person calling me, and myself...as the humorous thought keeps me from going nuclear...
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            ... of course you realize I'm the LAST person who would do something so mean to some poor person who just has a job to do? I'm the one sitting there listening politely as my spouse is fuming in the background. I actually go for the polite refusal, followed by the firm refusal, followed by the hanging up.
                            Actually, yes, I do realize that. Unfortunately, there are some people who have been known to actually do it. One of my co-workers lost part of the hearing in one ear for about two weeks as a result.

But thinking about the air horn makes me smile, which keeps it pleasant for the person calling me, and myself...as the humorous thought keeps me from going nuclear...
                            Oh, I've got a few humorous images of my own that I use for times like that... also for times when I'm stuck in the hold zone from hell...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Hi there Hedwig... *Waves*
                              Hi SF I hope the fair went ok...?

What's this I hear about eating all the cake...?
                              I wasn't me...

*Beams in a selection of cake and other sundries*

Did anyone here catch the programme on BBC1 about Egypts Lost Cities...?
                              I know our American friends might not have seen it. Unless BBC America aired it.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

with telemarketers, my response is usually 'I'm on the no call list' and hang up on them.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X