X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Slash *owns* AO3.
    Slash owns everything...

Women... what's that? Is that an endangered species we have never heard of before? Female characters... what now?

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Slash owns everything...

Women... what's that? Is that an endangered species we have never heard of before? Female characters... what now?

Ahh, you are speaking of strong female roles/archetypes.
      Why is there no abundance of Sam/Vala or Sam/Janet fics??
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Don't ask me... I'm on the endangered species list.

Comment

Don't ask me... I'm on the endangered species list.
          I could think of worse shoulders to be on FH

One thing seriously though, if no one is writing femslash, but people are writing male slash (is there a term??) is it their "bad" for being prolific?
          sigpic

Comment

One thing seriously though, if no one is writing femslash, but people are writing male slash (is there a term??) is it their "bad" for being prolific?
            Male slash is usually simply referred to as slash, while femslash (or femmeslash) is used to differ from the all male slash... that's how I learned it anyway.

And it's mostly women who write the slash too... so you know, just so you know... it's astounding.

It's all TV/film's fault... there are so little strong female characters around that femslash is a rarity unless it's a show about women in charge (Rizzoli & Isles, Gossip Girl, ... err...)... I think, I don't know really...

Comment

Male slash is usually simply referred to as slash, while femslash (or femmeslash) is used to differ from the all male slash... that's how I learned it anyway.
              Ah OK cheers
              And it's mostly women who write the slash too... so you know, just so you know... it's astounding.
              Considering the perception that guys love the notion of girl on girl action, it's not that suprising really.
              It's all TV/film's fault... there are so little strong female characters around that femslash is a rarity unless it's a show about women in charge (Rizzoli & Isles, Gossip Girl, ... err...)... I think, I don't know really...
              HEY!!
              I like Rizzoli & Isles!!!
              I have no issue with strong female leads at all. Even stuff like Castle is a good blend of strong females and second string males, Even Castle himself takes a backseat sometimes.
              sigpic

Comment

HEY!!
                I like Rizzoli & Isles!!!
                AWESOMESAUCE!!

Although, show won't be the same without Frost.

Comment

AWESOMESAUCE!!
                  I am a man of many tastes
                  Although, show won't be the same without Frost.
                  You mean the actor?
                  Yes, not a good thing
                  sigpic

Comment

You mean the actor?
                    Yes, not a good thing
                    I don't want them to recast him... ah we'll see how it goes.

Anyway... back to slash/femslash... anyone else have an opinion to add?

Comment

Slash... I read one piece of slash fic, I believe it was a Jack/Daniel piece, and it actually
                      made my skin crawl...
                      But I've not read any femslash.

I've not seen 'Rizzoli and Isles'. I am aware of the programme as it airs on 'Alibi' here in the UK.

But I am a fan of 'Castle', which also airs on 'Alibi', especially Kate Beckett and Alexis Castle.
                      My favourite 'Castle' episode to date is 'Final Frontier' from season 5.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I don't typical read slash/femslash, however if it's good - the story, I mean - then I'll take a gander. For me it's not problematic to envision my beloved characters that way. As long as the characterization remains true, it's fine with me if generally considered hetero characters take a quick foray into the otherwise if the author treats them with care and respect. Sometimes it's nice to see things from another perspective.
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                          I don't typical read slash/femslash, however if it's good - the story, I mean - then I'll take a gander. For me it's not problematic to envision my beloved characters that way. As long as the characterization remains true, it's fine with me if generally considered hetero characters take a quick foray into the otherwise if the author treats them with care and respect. Sometimes it's nice to see things from another perspective.
                          What a fantastically open-minded, refreshing post.

There is some amazing slash fic out there by some terrific writers.

It is all about care and respect. Sam/Jack isn't my cup of tea but on occasion I've read some amazing stories by writers that were recommended to me for their excellent writing - I especially like annerb. It is interesting to see things from another perspective. And good writing can sell me pretty much anything.

Comment

I don't want them to recast him... ah we'll see how it goes.

Anyway... back to slash/femslash... anyone else have an opinion to add?
                            I've read Jack/Daniel slash and Sam/Janet femslash... and of the two, I actually prefer Sam/Janet. I don't honestly see any of the characters as gay/lesbian but for some reason I find Sam/Janet more realistic than Jack or Daniel in a gay pairing. Dunno why, but there it is.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                            sigpic
                            now also appearing on DeviantArt
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I've read a few Jack/Daniel/Sam that I found reasonably believable - stranded off world and/or hurt/comfort seem to work best, in my opinion.

I've even read a few "OT4" fics that worked okay. But ultimately, I just don't see how the OT4 people see what they see. What can I say? I tried, though.
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I can do OT3, but OT4 is one person too far...

Comment

Working...
                                X