Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    It was noted that the Jaffa that came through the gate to what was to become the SGC. Where a mix of male and female warriors. I often wonder why they didn't continue with that theme.
    They did, ultimately. See Birthright.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thanks Seaboe.

All I need now is a new surname for one of my female OC's.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

^ If you need any help I have a list of surnames, granted they're all names of my mum's family, but still if you want I can give you a list of some of them,
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Thank you for the offer Nikki,
          A friend suggested I change the name to avoid any confusion with another franchise.

My OC team are at the moment... Peter Jankowski, Louise Janeway, Catherine Bryant and Nicole De'Gaulle. As you can see it's a mostly female team. With Louise being the team leader.

I may also change Nicole's surname.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

^ Well if you still want me to the offers still there.

So I was watching Childhood's End earlier, ep 6 from S1 of Atlantis and seeing Courtenay J. Stevens in that ep has given me an idea for another Stargate fic, a fix it really. And for anyone who might not recognise the name, he played Lt. Elliot in Stargate who temporarily became host to Lantash.

And I'm working on ideas for my Stargate SG.1/Atlantis crossover.
            sigpic
            McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
            Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
            ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              :: Beams a selection of cakes and other exceedingly good sundries into thread ::

Writing the matriarchal society fic is proving to be fun. The planet Tiresias will be a beautiful planet.

nom, nom, nom....
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This is just for a laugh:

keep calm.jpg

simply.jpg
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

One does simply kill DJ. One does not simply kill him and expect him to stay dead.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I have updated two stories in one week so far. I'm going to try and go for three in one week!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh thank you Beattie, Goddess of Fibre-Optic Communication, I have Internet access once again!!! I've never felt so cut off, so isolated, so unable to check the most trivial fact on Wikipedia. Such a hellish ordeal - that's eight hours I never want to relive.

Also, I can't quite believe it but I'm almost finished with my current fic - it's taken nearly a year, but the end is in sight! Not counting edits, proofreading, betas etc of course...
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Ooooh, congrats on all this writing! I've happily overcome a bit of writing block too today, so go me!!

These lovely goodies from Starfist are really working a treat... nom...nom...nom...nom...

Cate
                        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Updated three of my stories in 1 week!

YAHOOO!!!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Well, triple helpings for you then, Sparky!

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to say I've finally got some focus! I'm almost always writing something school related, but in one of my courses this term, I'll be writing the pilot episode for an original television series. I wrote a short film last semester that we all agreed would work much better as a series, so that's what I'm going to do. In just under four months I should have something ready to hand over to an agent and/or network (plus I'll finally be a member of the WGA). That's pretty damn exciting, if I do say so myself. I'm fired up about writing for the first time in a couple of months! It's taken a dozen years but I'm finally getting where I wanted go.
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Wow, that's great news, Amara! Congratulations, and I really hope this pilot episode works out for you!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X