Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasyThereGenius View Post
    I wish they could predict writer's block as they can the weather. I want to see a map of the UK with little symbols of breezeblocks on it:

"And tonight in the south of England creatives can expect prolonged dry spells, with crushing effect on self-esteem."

Plus a little chirpy man with a pointer shoving CG waves of apathy across the map.
    Bwahahah! Perfect!

Comment

I wish they could predict writer's block as they can the weather. I want to see a map of the UK with little symbols of breezeblocks on it:

"And tonight in the south of England creatives can expect prolonged dry spells, with crushing effect on self-esteem."

Plus a little chirpy man with a pointer shoving CG waves of apathy across the map.
      I about fell out of my chair reading this.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Me too! And I'm glad you're feeling better, WW!

Cate
        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post

Me too! And I'm glad you're feeling better, WW!

Cate
          That made me feel better for a moment, but in general, this stupid flu is still beating me up.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Well, since you're probably running a temperature anyway, WW, here's a thought to help you feel better, and make a bit more fever a bit more bearable.

Kavan + tattoos + bubble bath + rubber duck

I would write more, but my glasses have steamed up. Can't think why!!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
              Well, since you're probably running a temperature anyway, WW, here's a thought to help you feel better, and make a bit more fever a bit more bearable.

Kavan + tattoos + bubble bath + rubber duck

I would write more, but my glasses have steamed up. Can't think why!!

Cate
              Sans the rubber duck. Oddly enough, the sex scene for my original fic has been nagging at me for the past few days, but I haven't had the energy to even write that. Poor hubby, he's such a trouper, what with no "research" going on, either; I don't dare even kiss the poor man.
              sigpic

Comment

No duck?!?!? Okee dokee, let's try this:

Kavan + tattoos + toy aircraft carrier + a squad of F18 Hornets

Notice I left out the bubble bath. Well, he'll need clear water for those tricky deck landings!!

Cate
                sigpic

Comment

I tried to find my muse...
                  She's MIA...

She'll come back. She always does...
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I think my Muse may have stepped out to go for a walk. I should probably go and look for her.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I think my muse may have found the bottle of Irish Whiskey I got for Christmas...

Joking aside, I think that the fact that I have been doing a lot of shifts at work may be a factor. I have a couple of days off coming up, so I'll may do some writing then.

Comment

My muse is sharing the flu with me. Or I shared it with her. o_O
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                          My muse is sharing the flu with me. Or I shared it with her. o_O
                          Ach, nasty. I hope you (both) feel better soon.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                          I think my muse may have found the bottle of Irish Whiskey I got for Christmas...

Joking aside, I think that the fact that I have been doing a lot of shifts at work may be a factor. I have a couple of days off coming up, so I'll may do some writing then.
                          Do you ever find you have great ideas at work for plots/scenes etc, but by the time you're free to actually deal with them you're too tired? This is my main problem, I find.

And my muse, should I manage to locate him, is probably throwing some form of neglected hissy fit. Hmm. Everyone elses' muses seem to be female... *strokeychin*
                          Morally Ambiguous Genius Non-Scientist.

ETG is also rambling inanely on DeviantArt | FFNet | Tumblr | Twitter

Comment

Of course my muse is female... Why shouldn't she be female...?
                            I know some have male muses. Mine just happens to be female.

And as to your question about ideas. Yes by the time I'm ready to deal with them I'm tired. And I then I realise I forgot to write them down.

Comment

Ach, nasty. I hope you (both) feel better soon.

Do you ever find you have great ideas at work for plots/scenes etc, but by the time you're free to actually deal with them you're too tired? This is my main problem, I find.

And my muse, should I manage to locate him, is probably throwing some form of neglected hissy fit. Hmm. Everyone elses' muses seem to be female... *strokeychin*
                              Thanks, Genius. Trying to get rest and stay hydrated; there's no infection/fever so that's about all we can do.

I do have a male muse, too, but he is off playing Xbox or something, along with all the other males in my house ATM.

And in answer to your question, I do find that time and circumstance (ideas) do not always coincide.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                                Thanks, Genius. Trying to get rest and stay hydrated; there's no infection/fever so that's about all we can do.

I do have a male muse, too, but he is off playing Xbox or something, along with all the other males in my house ATM.

And in answer to your question, I do find that time and circumstance (ideas) do not always coincide.
                                Oh, I hear you. I came down with a throat infection at Christmas and thought I was getting better, until my face started swelling with a sinus infection that developed from the infection that didn't clear properly.

Thankfully it didn't affect my writing, but well...who really likes writing when you feel like crap?

Hope you're feeling better soon.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X