Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    This movie talk and lady friends reminds me of how the new Die Hard movie is coming up for Valentine's Day 2013. My mother believed Die Hard to be the least romantic franchise ever.
    With the music in the prevew I thought it was coming out on Christmas this december, but now it is 14 Febuary ? Well, whocares if nuclear winter begins, I'M SEEING DIE HARD 5!

Just like me and wanting to see Every Hobbit movie that is coming out over the next three years

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      But we already both like Stargate. In fact it is through Stargate that we first met.
      She sees me as an older brother figure. So there is no romantic feeling between us.
      I like her already!
      Does she visit GW??

...and EVERYONE needs good friends of both genders -no reason it should automatically be a romantic thing...I think it's awesome.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        With the music in the prevew I thought it was coming out on Christmas this december, but now it is 14 Febuary ? Well, whocares if nuclear winter begins, I'M SEEING DIE HARD 5!

Just like me and wanting to see Every Hobbit movie that is coming out over the next three years
        Die Hard started out as a Christmas movie. It's since branched out into other holidays.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen...!

Can I remind you... 'Tolkien is Hobbit forming...!'

I agree with Sara. You need friends of both genders. And to answer her question. Not yet, I'll have to point her in the direction of GW. We actually met at a Convention.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            Die Hard started out as a Christmas movie. It's since branched out into other holidays.
            Heh, the fact that the new preview plays to "Ode to Joy" with the music building up and the action building up, yeah, Its a holiday movie, one thing is for sure though, as soon as Christmas is over, the storeshelves are going to be LOADED with 14th Febuary junk.

And then once 14 Febuary is over then its Memorial day fun, then 4th July fun, then Halloween fun, etc.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The best laid plans of mice and men... :: Gulps ::
              They tend to go FUBAR. I was due to go and see 'Twilight' last Tuesday. I didn't. My lady friend and I are going to see it this coming Tuesday instead...!
              Hey; you'll lose your sanity, not your voice..... POSSIBLY may loose both, but the odds of that are slim to none..... and slim just made the jump to slipspace

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen...!

Can I remind you... 'Tolkien is Hobbit forming...!'

I agree with Sara. You need friends of both genders. And to answer her question. Not yet, I'll have to point her in the direction of GW. We actually met at a Convention.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Oh dear, is it punday already?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTSoD4BBCJc

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
                    The Robin Hood BBC fandom have been waiting for that movie for ages! Richard Armitage (Sir Guy of Gisborne on the show) is playing a "warrior dwarf". Had a crush on him as Guy; not so sure I'll be having to fight off the hormones with him playing Thorin. (Yup, I am just that shallow!)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I so want to see this in 3D for the sheer fact it has 48 frames per second which should give it an intense HD-clarity. The book was rather boring so I'm hoping the films can redeem The Hobbit for me.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have strabismus. Therefore, 3D is just a fuzzy blur to me, with or without the funky glasses.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I don't much care for 3D either. I have my glasses and contacts set up in monovision (rather than using bifocals) to correct for presbyopia, and the difference is just enough that it's likely to interfere with proper 3D processing using 3D glasses. Besides which, just wearing the doggone things annoys me, especially if I'm already wearing my own glasses just to be able to see in the first place.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I so want to see this in 3D for the sheer fact it has 48 frames per second which should give it an intense HD-clarity. The book was rather boring so I'm hoping the films can redeem The Hobbit for me.
                            b-b-boring?! Surely you jest? I found it action-packed...though I was in 8th grade...*hmmmm*

I'm not satisfied with the quality of 3D when compared to the extra cost -it just doesn't give me an added perception of value, so I skip it.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

b-b-boring?! Surely you jest? I found it action-packed...though I was in 8th grade...*hmmmm*
                              Mmm... yes, I did find it dragging on and on... and was rather bored with it. Sorry.

I'm not satisfied with the quality of 3D when compared to the extra cost -it just doesn't give me an added perception of value, so I skip it.
                              It all really depends on wether the film was filmed using the 3D-technique, or if it was added afterwards. If it's added afterwards, the result will vary between horrible and non-existent. Avatar is the prime example of being filmed in 3D. So far, I think The Hobbit's the only film which has been filmed with the 48 frames per second technique. The normal going rate is 24 frames per second.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                                Oh dear, is it punday already?
                                Everyday is Punday

Comment

Working...
                                X