No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it weird that after my four week spring of original short stories, I don't even want to think about NaNo? I was going back through some of my half-finished fic ideas, and it was one of those moments where I was like "Why, oh why, didn't I finish this?!"

I can barely stand to think of taking on a novel, after the craziness of these freaking short stories. Oy.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Is it weird that after my four week spring of original short stories, I don't even want to think about NaNo? I was going back through some of my half-finished fic ideas, and it was one of those moments where I was like "Why, oh why, didn't I finish this?!"

I can barely stand to think of taking on a novel, after the craziness of these freaking short stories. Oy.
      Not crazy at all. You've got a lot on your writing plate already. Please don't feel pressured to join, but know that you are welcome to, perhaps as a NaNo Rebel?
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        Why would it not be okay? If your characters are living in the real world or some reasonably close analogue and your story takes place there, then naturally there will be real elements involved. Don't tell me you've never read a book or seen a film wherein there is mention made of real-world sports teams, products, places, and the like.
        This makes sense, but it does help to be completely sure if unsure, if you get my meaning

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          Not crazy at all. You've got a lot on your writing plate already. Please don't feel pressured to join, but know that you are welcome to, perhaps as a NaNo Rebel?
          What's a NaNo Rebel???

I've never heard of that. Granted, this was/is to be my first NaNo ever, so that's not really so surprising, but now I'm curious...

Comment

What's a NaNo Rebel???

I've never heard of that. Granted, this was/is to be my first NaNo ever, so that's not really so surprising, but now I'm curious...
            NaNo Rebels write outside of the rules.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

What's a NaNo Rebel???

A NaNoRebel is simply a Nanowrimo user who 'rebels' against the normal recommended guidelines posted up on the site in various places, there's no special group or anything either, you just write like you want to, or you can go 'Old School' and go completely from scratch for your story, or you can 'Rebel' and continue a previous story or similar. the only stipulation is that it must be fiction. Fanfiction is included in that too!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hell, I guess that makes me a rebel, since I'm just going to keep plugging along at my WIP fanfic.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

NaNo Rebels write outside of the rules.
                  Hee hee! I immediately went to google after your first mention of Rebels, and this is exactly the page I found. My google-fu is in good shape!

That said, it seems to be a 50/50 judgement call on whether my bundle of short stories would qualify me as a rebel. But I'll keep it in mind. I may simply start NaNo a little bit late. My final class is next week, so I might be able to get back in my novel head-space in time to get at least most of the 50k churned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    A NaNoRebel is simply a Nanowrimo user who 'rebels' against the normal recommended guidelines posted up on the site in various places, there's no special group or anything either, you just write like you want to, or you can go 'Old School' and go completely from scratch for your story, or you can 'Rebel' and continue a previous story or similar. the only stipulation is that it must be fiction. Fanfiction is included in that too!
                    Er, um, actually, there is a thread for non-fiction rebels, too. Sorry, Princess A--we're throwing out all the rules this year!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      Hell, I guess that makes me a rebel, since I'm just going to keep plugging along at my WIP fanfic.
                      Woo hoo! Let the rebellion begin!
                      sigpic

Comment

Er, um, actually, there is a thread for non-fiction rebels, too. Sorry, Princess A--we're throwing out all the rules this year!
                        I know, being a NaNoRebel pretty muchs means do your own thing

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          I know, being a NaNoRebel pretty muchs means do your own thing
                          The only real goal of a rebel is to achieve that 50K. I can't wait to get started!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, I'm definitely rebelling! I'm going to try to make a huge dent in the epic fic I've been planning. Even if I do get my 50K words, I seriously doubt I'll be able to tell the whole story in that space.
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

You can go over to win, just not under. What sort of epic fic? Sci-fi? Historical? Romance? **curiosity killed me in my last 9 lives**
                              sigpic

Comment

You can go over to win, just not under. What sort of epic fic? Sci-fi? Historical? Romance? **curiosity killed me in my last 9 lives**
                                It's an epic SG-1 fic. Sam/Jack centric that tells, if I do my job right, two stories at once.
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X