Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
    Wow, people have large houses! My parents apartment is 750 square feet, and that's considered pretty large! Me and my little brother grew up living there with them. When I moved away from home, my dorm room was about 120 square feet - and now my (I felt big!) apartment is about 450 square feet! I live in Stockholm, Sweden.
    I've got a 900 sq ft two bedroom apartment that is more than enough space for me. I do have a bit of a furniture habit that this much space allows me to feed, but I've had to stop collecting because I'm pretty much out of space.
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Okay folks, I'm ready to share my steampunk in New Orleans story with the Writer's Room. I just logged in, and it looks like the layout is a bit different. I assume I should post my story in the "Works to be Reviewed" folder?

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Okay folks, I'm ready to share my steampunk in New Orleans story with the Writer's Room. I just logged in, and it looks like the layout is a bit different. I assume I should post my story in the "Works to be Reviewed" folder?
        Yep, that's the place!

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
          Yep, that's the place!
          Perfect! Well, it's up there. Woohoo!

Comment

how do I link over?
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Wow, people have large houses! My parents apartment is 750 square feet, and that's considered pretty large! Me and my little brother grew up living there with them. When I moved away from home, my dorm room was about 120 square feet - and now my (I felt big!) apartment is about 450 square feet! I live in Stockholm, Sweden.
              Having a bigger house is kinda like having a bigger purse--you still manage to fill it up with cra--stuff.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Congratulations - and I'm envious. I've written nothing on my fic for a while week
                That's the most I've written in weeks, honestly. May your muse return soon.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Oh god. New prompt for the week: "A Tribute to Kurt Vonnegut". --->

Comment

Vonnegut!

Love me some Vonnegut. Speaking of your writing...I'll give your steampunk piece a once over tomorrow sometime. I meant to get to it today and I'm running on fumes right now. I couldn't possibly do it justice.

Comment

I'd never manage that. Have actually never read him. Don't ever plan to.

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                      Vonnegut!

Love me some Vonnegut. Speaking of your writing...I'll give your steampunk piece a once over tomorrow sometime. I meant to get to it today and I'm running on fumes right now. I couldn't possibly do it justice.

Will try to do the same. I've got two chaps to edit before NaNo starts; one of them needs to go to my beta and the other is for a re-watch that ends soon.

I can't believe NaNo starts in TWO days! Wrote a scene last night and found the voice of the piece, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it. My heroine decided to tell me the story in 1st person. I might try to convince her to go 3rd, so we can hear from our hero, too. I think we talked about this before, but just a question--how does everyone feel about 1st person told from two different POVs? Or a mixed story, with one character in 1st, the other in 3rd?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, Diana Gabaldon did an admirable job at mixing 1st person (Claire) with 3rd person (everyone else) in the Outlander series. You just have to be very careful to keep the 1st person and 3rd person narratives to separate chapters, because doing it any other way comes across as kind of schizophrenic.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

so in my spare time when im off duty im looking to write but i need to rewatch the episodes, what is the best way to buy them, in the big box or individual seasons?
                          sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Well, Diana Gabaldon did an admirable job at mixing 1st person (Claire) with 3rd person (everyone else) in the Outlander series. You just have to be very careful to keep the 1st person and 3rd person narratives to separate chapters, because doing it any other way comes across as kind of schizophrenic.
                            That makes sense. I can see that it would get very confusing if I mixed the scenes up within each chapter. Will see what happens and if Miss Muse listens to reason or not.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                              Will try to do the same. I've got two chaps to edit before NaNo starts; one of them needs to go to my beta and the other is for a re-watch that ends soon.

I can't believe NaNo starts in TWO days! Wrote a scene last night and found the voice of the piece, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it. My heroine decided to tell me the story in 1st person. I might try to convince her to go 3rd, so we can hear from our hero, too. I think we talked about this before, but just a question--how does everyone feel about 1st person told from two different POVs? Or a mixed story, with one character in 1st, the other in 3rd?
                              I've read them -I find that my mind resisted it, which threw me off a bit, but I adjusted and the story I read had a great reason for using this: the 1st person 'character' was another personality in a main character's mind -it differentiated the two persons without giving the fact away too early in the story (it was a later reveal). Once I hit that part, I was delighted...it made sense to me.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

guess im invisible
                                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Working...
                                X