No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I FINALLY uploaded one of my shorts to AO3--just a cute little Sanctuary fic, not one of my PWPs or my novels yet.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

*tiptoes in*

*puts very large chocolate birthday cake on counter*

"Happy Birthday SaraB!"
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

It's SaraB's birthday? Happy birthday!

**sets out the ice cream and bowls**
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          Well, I FINALLY uploaded one of my shorts to AO3--just a cute little Sanctuary fic, not one of my PWPs or my novels yet.
          Well, it's a step in the right direction! I haven't seen Sanctuary yet. (Didn't even know about it until I started hanging around GW.) I've ordered the dics on Netflix, but it's pretty far down my list right now. Why, oh why, is my queue so long?!?
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
            Well, it's a step in the right direction! I haven't seen Sanctuary yet. (Didn't even know about it until I started hanging around GW.) I've ordered the dics on Netflix, but it's pretty far down my list right now. Why, oh why, is my queue so long?!?
            I don't know what you've got ahead of it, but you simply must put Sanctuary at the top of the list--you'll kick yourself if you don't! It's got much of the same action, adventure and subtle humor as SG-1, with Amanda Tapping as the lead, Ryan Robbins (Ladon Radim from SGA) awesomely portraying Henry Foss (her tech geek & pseudo-son) and many other faces you'll recognize. It's one of my all-time favorite shows, in case you couldn't tell.
            sigpic

Comment

It does make one wonder exactly what is on that list for Sanctuary to be "far down" on it.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                I don't know what you've got ahead of it, but you simply must put Sanctuary at the top of the list--you'll kick yourself if you don't! It's got much of the same action, adventure and subtle humor as SG-1, with Amanda Tapping as the lead, Ryan Robbins (Ladon Radim from SGA) awesomely portraying Henry Foss (her tech geek & pseudo-son) and many other faces you'll recognize. It's one of my all-time favorite shows, in case you couldn't tell.
                I'm not sure what's ahead of it, either, but I'll look into moving it up the list. I've just now started SGA (well, I'm in season 2) but I haven't met a character named Ladon Radim yet (at least...I don't think I have...).

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  It does make one wonder exactly what is on that list for Sanctuary to be "far down" on it.
                  My disc queue is some 86 deep.

Comment

My disc queue is some 86 deep.
                    Titles my dear, Titles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Titles my dear, Titles.
                      This is just the next 13...the list is 94 long (including the Sanctuary discs).

Spoiler:

Comment

Book of Eli is good

I'm currently powering through a DS9 rewatch, then I'll move onto Voy, after that, I'm not sure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Book of Eli is good

I'm currently powering through a DS9 rewatch, then I'll move onto Voy, after that, I'm not sure.
                          I watch a lot of stuff that comes up in my classes, stuff I catch a reference to in something I'm watching or reading, stuff that's been the topic of a conversation I was part of, stuff that just caught my eye... Sometimes I watch things I'm already certain I won't care for simply so I get the cultural references (which is why The Hangover) is on my list.

I keep up with motion picture media the way a lot of people keep up with literature.

Comment

You know, some of us are doing a Sanctuary rewatch in the Sanctuary forum. We try to watch two episodes a week and started with the webisodes before moving onto the show and are now at episodes 7&8 of season one for this week...
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I watch a lot of stuff that comes up in my classes, stuff I catch a reference to in something I'm watching or reading, stuff that's been the topic of a conversation I was part of, stuff that just caught my eye... Sometimes I watch things I'm already certain I won't care for simply so I get the cultural references (which is why The Hangover) is on my list.

I keep up with motion picture media the way a lot of people keep up with literature.
                              Me too
                              'Tis why My DVD collection is so obscenely large.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                You know, some of us are doing a Sanctuary rewatch in the Sanctuary forum. We try to watch two episodes a week and started with the webisodes before moving onto the show and are now at episodes 7&8 of season one for this week...
                                If you guys are going to go around again at a later date, I might jump in on that!

Comment

Working...
                                X