No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try a hairblower on those damp pants. You'll be fine in just a few minutes.

*hides sword behind back*

I'm calm, I'm calm.

The water cooler is on back order. It'll be delivered on Thursday.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Eh. Don't worry about it. The water cooler was for show anyone. Everyone knows we only drink vodka straight.

Tequila on the weekends.

Comment

Aah, vodka... brings back memories! Never drink that stuff anymore, these days.

Tequila always makes my teeth feel like they're bruised, so I tend to steer away from that too. Plus it's expensive and not every bar has the lime and salt. Sometimes we do a couple of shots though, but no more than three for me or I won't be able to brush my teeth without wincing.

ETA:
        Just realized I have fond memories of tequila too. Ah, high school graduation party...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Not a big vodka drinker, and I can't stand tequila. Fortunately, I've got a very nice selection of beer, wine and mead... *opens the quantum fridge to reveal a stock of microbrews, chilled Reisling and mead; gestures toward the wine rack on a corner of the counter where a number of corked bottles rest on their sides, waiting to be opened*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I was totally joking about the vodka. We're crazy enough without the hard liquor!

I don't drink much, myself. I got kind of a tutorial on a recent business trip where my guys kind of explained the finer points of different beers, but the only drink I managed to get down all the way (in a full hour with alternating sips of water) was a mojito.

I like the idea of Guinness (maybe the way it sounds when you say the name aloud) but it made me gag, and I ended up laughing my butt off when my buddies suggested doing a car bomb. No freaking way!

For the most part, I'm too much of a control freak to risk losing inhibitions in a drunken haze, so I'm happy with my level of exposure. I've done it responsibly, with people I trust and in modest amounts, so I really couldn't ask for more. No girls gone wild for me!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              For the most part, I'm too much of a control freak to risk losing inhibitions in a drunken haze, so I'm happy with my level of exposure. I've done it responsibly, with people I trust and in modest amounts, so I really couldn't ask for more. No girls gone wild for me!
              Same here, except I can sit and enjoy a few drinks without getting drunk, so I get to have the best of both worlds. I hate being drunk; did it a few times when I was much younger and was not a fan. Besides, it's much easier to enjoy myself when I know I'll remember it the next day.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I've never been drunk and never intend to be either. Never had a hangover either. Only ever got tipsy. Apparently I take after my mother in that I can enjoy a few drinks without any nasty side effects and get up the next morning (or just a few hours later...) without a problem.

All down to my brother and his friends ("getting drunk is a waste of money and booze") and some wise advise from my mother about drinking, partying and going out with friends.

Plus the night air usually sobered me right up once I got outside. Sometimes my friends and I would even get a midnight snack, for some because they'd had a few too many drinks and others because they were simply hungry after dancing the night away. If that didn't help then going back home (walking or cycling) would do the trick! A few glasses of water, washing my face and brushing my teeth and I'd be off to bed. Once I got to university/living on my own I'd take a shower before hopping into bed (my mother didn't approve of midnight showers).
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've been drunk often and well in my misspent youth. Or so I'm told. Never wasted a dime. Of my money. That's what guys at the bar are for.

Nowadays, I'm a cheap date. Every so often, I have one of those frozen margaritas that you can buy in the little pouches. I used to slam back Mind Erasers and be none the worse for wear; now, one of those pouches gets me tipsy. Heaven forbid I have a real margarita at a restaurant!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Most of the time when I go out I stick to beer; I really have a hard time drinking enough of that fast enough to get either drunk or tipsy. Low alcohol content for high fluid volume...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

The only time I drink beer is when I'm drunk...
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        The only time I drink beer is when I'm drunk...
                        I can't even stomach the stuff then. Never did develop a taste for it. Wine, on the other hand...
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I'm a big fan of 'Export' lager.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

And I'm a teetotaller...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I drink mostly import beers and microbrews when I drink beer. I also like hard cider, and I enjoy wine. I might drink the occasional single-malt Scotch, and a mojito is not out of the question. That said, I'm really not a heavy drinker by any means. One drink (often a single glass of red wine) on most days.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Ooh, and Apfelwein. I'd nearly forgotten about Apfelwein. That's as close to beer as I get (and honestly, the plain version tastes a lot like beer to me - but the sweet version is just lovely) though it's technically cider.
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X