No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 14 or 3/14 is PI Day since the first three digits of PI is 3.14.

Have some pie!

This is my pi plate.

Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
      This is my pi plate.

*puts some 'Apple Pi' on mathpiglet's plate*

Pie doesn't get nerdier than this recipe
      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be pi minute? 3/14/1:59?
        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Thanks for the pi!

And yes, the celebrations peak at pi minute!

Oh and my course is finished, so I need someone to tell me to get back to my writing.

Comment

Thanks for the pi!

Oh and my course is finished, so I need someone to tell me to get back to my writing.
            Go back to your writing!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
              *Sneaks off with a piece of pi.*
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pi!

I'll add my voice to fems...

You need to get back to your writing...!
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Happy PI Day!
                  OMG! I can't believe I missed Pi Day! Why weren't the stores and the government buildings closed? The children were weeping because we didn't have a Pi Tree or any of the traditional presents of calculators and slide rules to put under it.

Hiyi, MP! How goes the writing? I didn't get in my daily goal of 250 words today, but I will get to 500 tomorrow, plus some editing. Hope y'all don't mind me popping in here to get some additional inspiration and nudging/cattle prodding. For right now, I'm going to bed and hoping it'll come to me in a dream. No, really, my stories do that a lot. Makes you wonder about me now if you've read my stuff, doesn't it?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Oh Whytewych, I laughed until I cried at your post.

As for my writing...um...I took today off since it was St. Patrick's Day. Tomorrow or Monday, I promise. 500 words on Monday. Yes, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      *Sneaks off with a piece of pi.*
                      Oh great, now we have to recalculate it!

Can't we just round it down to 3 and be done with it?
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

I'd prefer rounding it up to 4 or at least 3.15

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

It was near the 19th digit so I was hoping nobody'd notice. It's still just as tasty. *slices off some more pi at the 20th and 21st digits*

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          I'd prefer rounding it up to 4 or at least 3.15
                          No need for rounding if you eat the insignificant digits.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, you guys are messing up my calculations!

*looks around at the circles*

See! Their circumferences and areas are changing! Never mind the volumes and surface areas of these spheres!

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, you guys are messing up my calculations!

*looks around at the circles*

See! Their circumferences and areas are changing! Never mind the volumes and surface areas of these spheres!
                              Bwhahahaha! >.<

*eats another coupla digits out of the pi*
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Seeing that picture of a pie....
                                Apple?
                                Has made me hungry... :: Gulps ::

Besides all these figures.... :: Thinks...! ::

Speaking of figures... How about... :: Slaps Himself.... ::
                                Sorry what I was going to write would've got me into trouble....
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X