Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    At least they are not frogs....

anyhow, how is everyone on current writing projects ?
    Wondering if I will ever get past the writers block for BiAA. Hoping I can finish this WTF chapter soon.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

At least they are not frogs....

anyhow, how is everyone on current writing projects ?
      Wri-ting...writing...I know that word. Can't remember for the life of me what it entails...

Less facetiously: I haven't written anything in what feels like a long time, fanfic or otherwise. Writer's block combined with a less than stellar personal life aren't really ideal for me.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Just completed my latest chapter (one of the ones that hadn't been pre-written! ) and awaiting feedback from my trusty beta...
      I fear your trusty beta has spent much of the day catching up much needed sleep. So, more of a trusty, yawning, somewhat delayed beta.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

No problem. We all have days like that. You'd already done yeoman's work on the bulk of the material in this one. And hey, we caught up in the end!

Get some rest!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well i'm going to use this awkward silence to post some funny pictures. *lone cheer*

offical-sign-protester.jpg

Okay, its only one picture because I couldn't stop laughing

*runs*
          Last edited by Choo1701; 31 August 2011, 11:25 AM.
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Well, going to Tibet will keep me busy, writing wise at least, I'll be able to not just work on Project Icegate (and hopefully have some updates whilest on vacation) but also may even finish the story too for that matter....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I cannot help but post this scene that starts off chapter three of Project Icegate, Project One, my transformers/SG1 crossover. its hilarious that even as I wrote it, it made me laugh too! (the part that made me really laugh is in bold text)

A conversation between Lennox and Epps, and also Ironhide and Swallowtail, in Project Icegate, Project One.....

Originally posted by Lennox & Epps
              Epps opened the hotel room door to allow Lennox into the place, Lennox shut it behind himself once he was in, he noticed Brains hard at work, and playing Chessmaster at the same time, wherein Wheelie was hard at work keeping an eye on the now hacked into NORAD base closed curcuit camera system. "So, what's up? the Three Stooges out there are ready to have Ironhide shoot them"

"They did good finding this place, it still has power." Epps replied.

"True," Lennox flinched as did Epps and Wheelie the latter of whom dove for cover when a loud explosion was heard outside that shattered the window of the hotel, "I think Ironhide lost his temper...." Lennox said thoughtfully going ot the window, but nope, it wasn't a lost temper of a truck, but of a Bustang, it was Swallowtail who was starting to loose it.

Epps noticed that too, it ment trouble, an Autobot clearly concerned for its human counterpart ment something to Epps, who admired the Autobots and respected them, he loved riding within Optimus, the truck was both a good leader, and very comfortable. "Why is it, that after six years of this, nothing we plan works right? Its like there's monkeywrenches thrown into everything we plan. Mission City, we lost radios..."

"Because the defense grid was down." Lennox added, Epps nodded,

"Right, had to use stone age CB radios on that mission, then there was Shanghai, and Egypt, Egypt though we had no radios, lost dozens of people, even the Jordanians lost folks too." Epps said thoughtfully.

"And Chicago... that was freaky...." Lennox mentioned softly, recalling how he had almost fallen out of a freaking building.

"Right, that too, now its a year later and once mroe a monkeywrench is in the plan." Epps said, he ment Lake getting captured by Jack O'Niell.

That made Lennox think, the only person they had met after the events a year before when the Autobots descoved the Ark on the moon, was Lake, and Swallowtail. "You mean Lake was a monkeywrench?" Lennox asked

Epps shook his head, "No, Lake was a monkeywrench yes, but a pretty as hell Monkeywrench." He corrected.

"I like to think of her as a cat, as her refelxes and genetical structure resembles that of a feline more closely then that of a ape or monkey." Said Brains, he had brought up Lakes genetical profile onto his screen as he spoke, showing how closely it matched that of a snowleapoard then a saipent monkey. Lennox and Epps just looked at the screen.

"OK" Epps said, "Not a monkeywrench.... a Catnip container" Lennox just broke down laughing loudly

*~*~*

Outside the room Swallowtail was either pacing in her unit form, breaking windows as target practise at the rundown shut down hotel, or just pacing, Ironhide was thinking, and Crank was just told to shut up and not think as whatever the linebacker looking Autbots human as possible form looked like was very stupid, risky, or just plain dangerous for any of the Autobots to even so much as try.

But then Swallowtail spoke up to Crank, "I think he is thinking about a certain someone..." She said, not saying any names, but she ment Lennox's brother John's farm truck, Pinky. The F650 flatbed/dumptruck farm truck was a heck of a looker and had enough weapons to match, or surpass Ironhide, but she had inisted that the black truck keep his rank as weapons spiecalist. Pinky was better as a hunter instead.

"SWALLOWTAIL, SHUT UP!!" came a rumbling voice of Ironhide as he knew who she ment, she shut up and ducked away, Ironhide was very protective of his friends, and had fallen in love, it was true. But he never admitted it... yet. But Swallowtail, as a scout knew it.
              Last edited by Princess Awinita; 31 August 2011, 09:17 PM.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I cannot help but post this scene that starts off chapter three of Project Icegate, Project One, my transformers/SG1 crossover. its hilarious that even as I wrote it, it made me laugh too! (the part that made me really laugh is in bold text)

A conversation between Lennox and Epps, and also Ironhide and Swallowtail, in Project Icegate, Project One.....
                Really? I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder.

Also you've got quite the few run on sentences, grammar mistakes, and spelling mistakes. If I can see them, trust me, alot of others can too.

On Fanfic note, alcohol has once again helped break a stumbling block. That and playing the longest game of pool ever
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                  Really? I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder.

Also you've got quite the few run on sentences, grammar mistakes, and spelling mistakes. If I can see them, trust me, alot of others can too.

On Fanfic note, alcohol has once again helped break a stumbling block. That and playing the longest game of pool ever
                  It is a chapter in progress ya lunkhead!!

EDIT:

Also; I live in China, some things when writing, are long, or 'run on' sentences. This is normal that I've seen. spelling mistakes are a given, and easy to fix in OpenOffice
                  Last edited by Princess Awinita; 31 August 2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Sentence structure, beats, punctuation and 'run on' sentences are quite different in my native language as well, but when one writes in a different language one should adhere to its rules. After all, I write in (US) English because the show is in English as well as the majority of its fans.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Sentence structure, beats, punctuation and 'run on' sentences are quite different in my native language as well, but when one writes in a different language one should adhere to its rules. After all, I write in (US) English because the show is in English as well as the majority of its fans.
                      Agreed, i write in spanish as well every so often and it has a few differences from Enlish that throw me off.

Also, the grammar and spell check on OpenOffice or even MS Office aren't exactly trustworthy. Nothing beats another pair of eyes.
                      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                        Agreed, i write in spanish as well every so often and it has a few differences from Enlish that throw me off.

Also, the grammar and spell check on OpenOffice or even MS Office aren't exactly trustworthy. Nothing beats another pair of eyes.
                        You're Spanish? I feel so dumb not knowing until now.

You don't write like my Spanish friend (whom I'm rping with right now). Then again, place and people differ greatly, so there's no reason you should...

I'm apparently as bad as Cameron when it comes to diplomacy. Sorry.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I don't think he was saying he was Spanish, I think he was saying that he writes in Spanish sometimes, in addition to English...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            I don't think he was saying he was Spanish, I think he was saying that he writes in Spanish sometimes, in addition to English...
                            Ah. Makes more sense... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                              Wondering if I will ever get past the writers block for BiAA. Hoping I can finish this WTF chapter soon.
                              Richard -which of your stories involves Todd loose on Earth, set after the last ep of SGA (or am I attributing a story to you that is not yours)? I just finished watching SGA for the first time, and now I'm immensely curious.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Wri-ting...writing...I know that word. Can't remember for the life of me what it entails...
                              Less facetiously: I haven't written anything in what feels like a long time, fanfic or otherwise. Writer's block combined with a less than stellar personal life aren't really ideal for me.
                              Ditto. Is there a magic potion to restore one's writing? ACK!

AND -Grammar and spelling... mine is horrible (you would have thought my college profs would have beaten it into me before I gradutated, but maybe I was unteachable). I'm actually writing fanfic in order to practice rusty skills -and having a Beta really does help. Hopefully I will improve as I go.

BTW -I hijacked the library's computer for this little cruise to the watercooler -some tech gurus are building us a new desktop and it should be installed by next week -luckily they can retrieve the hard drive from the laptop and transfer it onto the new computer, so all of my WIPs should be ok!
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SARA!

*pounce*

Good to see you!
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X