Stargate: Fait Accompli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    The word is good for me. July is pretty quiet, I have finished my current Captives section and Allies can get doen a bit at a time. I'm free and easy, boss!
    Yeah July is good for me too because I might have one other writing project (have not decided) and my current one is wrapping up next week I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Yeah July is good for me too because I might have one other writing project (have not decided) and my current one is wrapping up next week I hope.

Well... something like that. Probably not that. But close, though not really.

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Very nice first chapter. Love the introduction of Hailey into the team, and the premise is intriguing.

Not convinced by the railgun modifications, but that's small change.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Very nice first chapter. Love the introduction of Hailey into the team, and the premise is intriguing.

Not convinced by the railgun modifications, but that's small change.

Had to give some reason for Hammond to use Railguns against a shielded target. While the techy fans may want to flay me for the completely unrealistic physics, i play the hollywood physics card. It sounds cool and for someone not that well versed it's 'plausible' and gies us an insight into Carter/Marks dynamic namely they trust each other enough to talk out their issues.

that being said, this isn't a techy fic. There will definitely be modifications and tech involved, but it's primarily a team and consequences of actions taken prior fic
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post

Had to give some reason for Hammond to use Railguns against a shielded target. While the techy fans may want to flay me for the completely unrealistic physics, i play the hollywood physics card. It sounds cool and for someone not that well versed it's 'plausible' and gies us an insight into Carter/Marks dynamic namely they trust each other enough to talk out their issues.

that being said, this isn't a techy fic. There will definitely be modifications and tech involved, but it's primarily a team and consequences of actions taken prior fic
            Not going to flay anyone. Like I said, small change. Think of it this way: it would've been totally against my character to leave a review without criticizing at least something.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Very good start (not that I'm at all surprised). Great action, nice use of keeping the characters true (anybody eals as schooled as me) and way to sbz not one adn in the whole story.

Comment

[IG]http://images.coolchaser.com/themes/t/333251-i291.photobucket.com-albums-ll309-loxfro-Dance.gif[/IMG]

Well... something like that. Probably not that. But close, though not really.

Oh I did have a question. 10K characters or words?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

Oh I did have a question. 10K characters or words?
                  well given that the first ep is 8k words, i'd say 10K words is a good goal to reach, and with editing and betaing it'll vary If you can tell the story effectively with less, why go with more?

sire tej scenic route might be nice, but it wastes gas

Comment

well given that the first ep is 8k words, i'd say 10K words is a good goal to reach, and with editing and betaing it'll vary If you can tell the story effectively with less, why go with more?

sire tej scenic route might be nice, but it wastes gas
                    What the hell

K

Comment

All the writers involved have written series/long stories so it's not like we're not used to it We're also all learning from this experience (I've become SBZ's dark apprentice ) and i really enjoy working with everyone
                      You seriously crack me up. I'm sure I know the answer to this but I gotta ask: does this stuff just come to you, or do you sit at the keyboard thinking it up??

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                        You seriously crack me up. I'm sure I know the answer to this but I gotta ask: does this stuff just come to you, or do you sit at the keyboard thinking it up??
                        Your his master shouldn't you know

Comment

Well, I'm almost 100% that he's going to say it just comes to him, that it's part of his sarcastic nature/brain.

Comment

Well, I'm almost 100% that he's going to say it just comes to him, that it's part of his sarcastic nature/brain.
                            and that's why you're the master

And Foley, i'm pretty sure i sent you a more detailed storyboard. I recall you saying i gave you a headache there was so much to think about but once the advil takes affect, feel free to email me

Although not right now, Canada Day still hurts my brain. I guess Independence day will be hurting yours soon too

Haha, that always makes me smile. Independence day celebrates the struggle of the United States of American to be free from British Tyranny. Canada Day just celebrates us just asking the British for our freedom I've suddenly got the inexplicable urge to watch Due South. Excuse me

Comment

No, no, the awful sarcasm is what I'M training him in. (Aragon also makes just sandwiches when you ask him. Just to let you know )

Just curious, BUT: what does it take to get on the "Fait Accompi" writing list? I mean, if i wanted to try and write a story, would i stand a chance?

I've suddenly got the inexplicable urge to watch Due South. Excuse me
                              Best comment i've ever heard about Due South is its about a "Terminator in a Mountie Uniform".
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                                No, no, the awful sarcasm is what I'M training him in. (Aragon also makes just sandwiches when you ask him. Just to let you know )
                                Just the awful though. the brilliance is all me

Just curious, BUT: what does it take to get on the "Fait Accompi" writing list? I mean, if i wanted to try and write a story, would i stand a chance?
                                To sound professional, everyone on the 'writing team' have written longer fics.

on a silly note, You also have to put up with my annoying poking and offhanded comments. Oh wait! you do that already!

Best comment i've ever heard about Due South is its about a "Terminator in a Mountie Uniform".
                                Pretty much, but Paul Gross has a level of deadpan comedy that ranks him as one of the shining stars of Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X