This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    When you say "deliberately", what do you mean exactly?

Is it a case of a split-second decision and she instinctively dives to save Jack instead of the other person, or is it more along the lines of a "Sophie's Choise" deal; the bad guy tells Sam she has to choose between Jack and another person and that the one she doesn't pick will be killed and she chooses Jack? Did you have something else in mind?

An interesting twist could be if the other person is actually another teammate.
    I've been thinking about this for a while because I used to tease a shipper friend with my ideas called "101 Ways to Hurt Carter." But I think this idea is beyond ship and more in the character study area.

Let me see if I can explain it properly.

I mean deliberated in the sense that it won't be a split-second decision. Maybe they know for hours about some explosive device, Jack goes to trigger it but while in route, Sam jammed the jumper (or whatever) and other person/team has to go instead.

At first I thought about Carter choosing herself to do some dangerous task that it's known suicidal. For the casual looker it may seems that giving her own life she's being heroic, when in fact she's being selfish, she rather die than let Jack die. But this has been done (in SGA at least) and done really well with heart tearing sadness.

Then, some of the evilness in other stories made me wonder, what if Sam saves Jack's life by sacrificing someone else? Can she get away with it? Can she lives with herself knowing what she did? It is possible that she doesn't feel remorse at all? Maybe she feels that she has sacrificed enough already.

A teammate was my first option as well. It has to be someone loved by everybody and liked by Sam. I thought killing Sheppard. It'd be like "Shophie's Choise" because it has to be a difficult decision but, in this case, Sam doesn't deceive herself. She always knew she'll choose Jack.

I also wonders, I don't know why but I'm sure Teal'c would approve so, what Daniel'd do? Accuse and comdemn Sam (even if in private) or despair because in her position he may have done the same? or thanking some higher power because he wasn't the one forced to choose?

I hope it's clear enough.
    Last edited by Kanetsidohi; 24 July 2008, 04:23 PM. Reason: Correcting a mistake.

Comment

i don't know if it's been brought up9roo lazy to search) but would anyone want to wright a fic for that wraith cruiser they found buried in silt on Lantea?
      i think it would be really cool, the closest weve ever come to camanding an enemy wardhip was a hat'ack and those were flying rustbuckets.

Comment

Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, Sam could protest untill janet gets a call from hammond saying that pete is on the surace demaning to see sam, and know if shes ok coz they were due back days before, sam would then reluctently leave jack to go take pete home coz hammods pissed and threating to throw him in a holding cell, she doesn't talk to him on the way home when he asks her what happend and why she did't come home she doesn't answer him, he could maybe get pissed and ask her if it was because of jack and she would deny it. then maybe make it 2 weeks later you do do something in between but not sure what yet, jacks made a full recovery and their back to work, but sams not sleeping well she keeps having nightmares and calling out colonel or sir in the night, waking up crying and shaking, pete could try to comfort her concernd that shes having such deams and that shes waking up in such states and they seem to be getting worse but hes not to impressed that shes calling out for her co, everynight, things could kinda go on from there not sure how maybe put some tension between sam and pete coz she wont talk to him aout it. then work up to the epp Death Knell when sams getting hunted by the super solider and jacks loosing it coz he doesn't know if shes alive or not follow the lead of the epp as it happens then carry on after it to sam waking up to jack when shes in the infermary, hammond could call pete so that he knows why shes going to back back home late so that they dont have a repet of when jack was hurt, then sam could be given some medical leave, dont know how long, but when pete calls her so that he can see if he can come round she fobs him off and gives him excusess so that she dosn't have to see him, it could be a few days after they get her home and jacks stoming round the sgc, like a bear with a sore head and yelling at pepole for the slightest things and scaring the hell out of the younger recruits etc, daniel or teal'c could go talk to him knowing whats up with him and tell him to go see sam, and make sure shes ok, he could be get anyoed say say that shes got pete to take care of her, but they finaly talk him into going to see her and see how she is, they could maybe hint that he should tell her who he feels and how she acted the same way when he was hurt, he could then go round to see her and they start to talk about stuff, then pete could turn up with a big bunch of flowers maybe, he knoks but their so focoused on each other and their conversation that they dont hear it, so he lets himself in, when he sees them sitting in the living room together he stands in the doorway wondering way she never answerd the door to him, he could quitely watch them, seeing that they were completly engrosed in thir conversation he wondered what they could be talking about that had their attention so fully, erm back to jack and sam they havnt noticed that pete is stood in the doorway, jack looks at the floor then up at sam then stands and walks over to her stitting on the table he grabs her hands and looks into her eyes, and says (with tears in his eyes maybe and a shaky voice) that when he gated to the planet and saw that the base's self destruct had gone off and that a super solider had survived that he was so scared at the tought that he had lost her without having told her how he really felt that he couldn't breath. then he could tell sam that he loves her and that hes always loved her and he always would, then maybe you could have pete starting to get a little ancuses (sp) and worring how sam would react to this confesion, maybe he could of suspected that she cared for him more than she should, then maybe go back to sam whos staring into jacks eyes still holding his hands and maybe either smiling or having tears welling i don't know confess how she feels, then maybe they jack could lean in and give her one of those amazing passionete kisses that he does so well, now i'm not sure how to have pete react to this obviously hes not going to be happy and after the kiss he could make his presants know how i dont know that would be up to you, how he reacts would also be up to you, you could do a bit on whats happens after that the fallout etc of what happened, but id like it to have a happy ending for our fav couple jack and sam. Ok thats all the ideas i have at the moment if no one wants to take up this plot idea then i might write it but then that depends on what you guys think of it. If you do want to take the idea just let me know please and when your done send me the link so that i can read it. Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. and sorry for the long post.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Hey what about a story where Janet, Sam, and a few other of the female staff at the sgc get together for an Annsummers party that would be quiet an interesting fic you could get quite raunchy with it i suppose if you wanted to, maybe have them get a little drunk, and a few of the woman letting slip that they have fantasys about the guys at the sgc Sam about Jack, janet about either daniel or teal'c iv'e read really good storys where shes liked one or the other and theyv'e been really good. It would be really good if you had some really intense flirting between at least jack and sam, and maybe janet and ?, and i would like if they got together in the end also maybe they could tease the men about what went on at the party and what they bought, etc, maybe jack and teal'c could get daniel to do some research to find out just what exactly goes on at an annsummers party as the woman are being so secretive about it, and just start to giggle when they ask them. maybe jack and sam could start a relationship in secret. I'll let you know if i think of any more for it, if you want to use this idea just let me know and send me the link to it please.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Emmauk26 View Post
            Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, Sam could protest untill janet gets a call from hammond saying that pete is on the surace demaning to see sam, and know if shes ok coz they were due back days before, sam would then reluctently leave jack to go take pete home coz hammods pissed and threating to throw him in a holding cell, she doesn't talk to him on the way home when he asks her what happend and why she did't come home she doesn't answer him, he could maybe get pissed and ask her if it was because of jack and she would deny it. then maybe make it 2 weeks later you do do something in between but not sure what yet, jacks made a full recovery and their back to work, but sams not sleeping well she keeps having nightmares and calling out colonel or sir in the night, waking up crying and shaking, pete could try to comfort her concernd that shes having such deams and that shes waking up in such states and they seem to be getting worse but hes not to impressed that shes calling out for her co, everynight, things could kinda go on from there not sure how maybe put some tension between sam and pete coz she wont talk to him aout it. then work up to the epp Death Knell when sams getting hunted by the super solider and jacks loosing it coz he doesn't know if shes alive or not follow the lead of the epp as it happens then carry on after it to sam waking up to jack when shes in the infermary, hammond could call pete so that he knows why shes going to back back home late so that they dont have a repet of when jack was hurt, then sam could be given some medical leave, dont know how long, but when pete calls her so that he can see if he can come round she fobs him off and gives him excusess so that she dosn't have to see him, it could be a few days after they get her home and jacks stoming round the sgc, like a bear with a sore head and yelling at pepole for the slightest things and scaring the hell out of the younger recruits etc, daniel or teal'c could go talk to him knowing whats up with him and tell him to go see sam, and make sure shes ok, he could be get anyoed say say that shes got pete to take care of her, but they finaly talk him into going to see her and see how she is, they could maybe hint that he should tell her who he feels and how she acted the same way when he was hurt, he could then go round to see her and they start to talk about stuff, then pete could turn up with a big bunch of flowers maybe, he knoks but their so focoused on each other and their conversation that they dont hear it, so he lets himself in, when he sees them sitting in the living room together he stands in the doorway wondering way she never answerd the door to him, he could quitely watch them, seeing that they were completly engrosed in thir conversation he wondered what they could be talking about that had their attention so fully, erm back to jack and sam they havnt noticed that pete is stood in the doorway, jack looks at the floor then up at sam then stands and walks over to her stitting on the table he grabs her hands and looks into her eyes, and says (with tears in his eyes maybe and a shaky voice) that when he gated to the planet and saw that the base's self destruct had gone off and that a super solider had survived that he was so scared at the tought that he had lost her without having told her how he really felt that he couldn't breath. then he could tell sam that he loves her and that hes always loved her and he always would, then maybe you could have pete starting to get a little ancuses (sp) and worring how sam would react to this confesion, maybe he could of suspected that she cared for him more than she should, then maybe go back to sam whos staring into jacks eyes still holding his hands and maybe either smiling or having tears welling i don't know confess how she feels, then maybe they jack could lean in and give her one of those amazing passionete kisses that he does so well, now i'm not sure how to have pete react to this obviously hes not going to be happy and after the kiss he could make his presants know how i dont know that would be up to you, how he reacts would also be up to you, you could do a bit on whats happens after that the fallout etc of what happened, but id like it to have a happy ending for our fav couple jack and sam. Ok thats all the ideas i have at the moment if no one wants to take up this plot idea then i might write it but then that depends on what you guys think of it. If you do want to take the idea just let me know please and when your done send me the link so that i can read it. Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. and sorry for the long post.
            You and the enter key aren't on speaking terms, are you?

I was looking at some of the older posts, and it seems a lot of them for SGA have been done already in the show. Like Ford running away, and the wraith using tracking devices.

Anyways, here's an SGA idea: what if Ford starts working with the Wraith in exchange for more of the enzyme? He won't give up the location of Earth (out of a sense of loyalty), but he'll do other things, like give them the location of hidden human settlements (possibly ones the Atlanteans helped relocate, or were past Alpha Site candidates), or the underground Genii bunker.

But then he gets really drug hungry (or the wraith figure out he's Atlantean) and accidently lets Earth's address slip and now he's on a hive ship that's gearing up to attack Earth, and he doesn't know how to contact Atlantis (since it moved), but he needs to tell them (even though that means he has to face all his past mistakes and sins). And there's a part of him that just doesn't care about them anymore, since he's been on his own for years now and after everything that's happened he still doesn't want to give up the enzyme. What choice does he make?

Comment

How about this plot bunny? Btw do any of them actually get adopted at all?

Feel free to adapt my plot bunnies rigorously, and you should prolly skip the S/J in cabin - thunder analogy it's a bit weird

The election,

Well I had two ideas for this one, a not crazy and a crazy version:

Non crazy
              1 Daniel is in his lab, the television is on while he's working and suddenly he sees a familiar face at the presidential candidacies... someone who looks very much like Ba'al! He rushes to the general (Hammond, Landry, Jack, whatever the timeframe), and it turns out the CIA's counter-goa'uld division wasn't consulted in the presidential election screenings.

Obviously something has to be done, but Ba'al has taken the identy of a lookalike and thus has a perfect record and history, the slightest error in dicrediting him could lead to politcal disaster.

Crazy
              2 Sam is asleep in Jack's cabin, Jack is cooking downstairs. A thunder sounds, the flash remins Sam of a transporter. A second flash is seen , but this one much more prolonged. A stun grenade has been beamed into the room!
              Jack sees a 3rd flash (actually the stun grenade!) and suddenly Thor beams down behind Jack. "the plan has worked O'neill , but there is something else..."

*insert Ba'al goes president*, maybe something with Iraq, terrorists being funded by Ba'al, and stuff.

Will the truth about the Stargate be revealed? Will Ba'al be discredited? Will he be assasinated? What is "the plan"? Adopt this plot bunny, two for the price of one!
              Actually I planned the assasination to be done mini-Jack when Ba'al visits his school, but theres too many possible plotholes with it and it might be construed as offensive in light to recent shootings

Comment

In the season 4 episode "Trio" what would have happened if there was no rope for them (McKay, Keller and Carter) to find and they had to do as McKay suggested of stripping down to their underwear to make a rope out of their cloths?
                Last edited by ykickamoocow; 01 July 2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  i don't know if it's been brought up9roo lazy to search) but would anyone want to wright a fic for that wraith cruiser they found buried in silt on Lantea?
                  i think it would be really cool, the closest weve ever come to camanding an enemy wardhip was a hat'ack and those were flying rustbuckets.
                  I'm all your's lol =D

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                    I'm all your's lol =D
                    Well...it wn't fly, but it's used as a base.

http://stargatevs.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Spekign of which, does anyone know where i can get a transcipt of any of the POC movies, been planing to make a stargate vesion

Comment

Here's a plot bunny for someone. Puts a different (and IMO nicer) spin on certain events in S4.

Spoiler:
                      Teyla is pregnant via Kanaan, but it turns out something is wrong with the fetus, the likely cause being the fact that both parents have Wraithy genes. If a cure isn't found, the baby could die. A hunt ensues and all signs point toward a very unlikely source for the answer: Ford. First, though, the team will have to find him... and convince him to help.

Comment

I'm wondering if anybody has written a story about how the Edoran refugees spent their 100 days on earth. It could be an interesting story, in that I doubt they were allowed out of the SGC, and they had to be housed somewhere. They must have had quite a hard time if they had to stay indoors the whole time, in a completely unfamiliar setting, not being able to live the kind of lives they had always led. And they had to have interacted with the SGC staff during their stay - including (likely) Sam and Janet, as well as possibly Daniel and Teal'c. Just wondering ...

Maybe someone would be interested in writing a story about this, or if someone already has, maybe supply a link to that story?

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard View Post
                          I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's
                          Spoiler:
                          "Instinct"
                          almost exactly!
                          That would be really tacky if they did and used it for the show!

Comment

Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, ...... Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. and sorry for the long post.
                            Well, no offense, but it would have been much easier to read if you had used a spell checker and ended sentences properly instead of running several thoughts into one long sentence. It got very confusing. Not trying to be insulting, and I know it's a suggestion/summary, but just a suggestion for describing future plot bunnies?
                            Last edited by hedwig; 24 June 2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home
                              If it's something serious, how can it not be major, and if it's not major why would he be at risk of dying.

If I may offer some additional advice, as others have said you really need to puctuate your posts and have some paragraphs. No one will read them properly if you leave them like that as they are almost incomprehensible in there current format.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not actually a reply, but if anybody is looking to adopt some story ideas, i'll be happy to donate!!!!!
                                Phoenix of Atlantis :

Comment

Working...
                                X