No announcement yet.

Five Horsemen Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here we go. The next installment is here.

Spoiler:
    As Janus, McKay, and Zelenka enter the lab, McKay goes right to work, giving a “tour” of his lab and experiments.

“Okay, let’s begin the fun. Here, Janus, is my adapter I designed for studying and operating a Zero Point Module. I first built one about six years ago so I could make a proper interface to allow us to dial Atlantis the first time. It was already nearly depleted so we only got one use from it there.”

McKay leads Janus through his lab and shows him some other projects he worked on. Zelenka tries to interrupt McKay but is not very successful. As far as McKay is concerned there’s no one else there but himself and his Ancient counterpart until Zelenka raises his voice.

“Okay, he understands it! What we really need here is more Z.P.M.s in the city. Every time we finally get one or more, they end up being redistributed, and I’d really like to be able to manufacture them ourselves so we don’t handicap the city anymore.”

He looks at McKay.

“Is it really that hard for me to say something over you? Everytime I just….”

(He mutters to himself in Czech.)

“I know. I know. We really desperately need more Zed.P.M.s, especially now. All the Wraith know where we are now and we’ve taken in several thousand people into the city, and well, we really can’t hold anymore and do our work on just one Zed.P.M. We need more and we have to be able to make them ourselves. We know where one may be, but the people there just wanted us to find it for them to hide again. We got nothing out of it.”

Zelenka adds to the conversation.

“The last time the Ancients were here in the city was when we rescued about a hundred of them in the middle of the galactic void between our galaxies. You see, there was this ship, the Tria, and the captain’s first order was to expel us from the city. Sometime later, the Replicators attacked and they—“

“The Asurans.” Janus firmly stated towards McKay and Zelenka.

“Well, we call them Replicators since that’s what they are in essence.”

“I don’t operate with such generic references. Just because they aren’t organic doesn’t mean that they are of a lesser value than yourself. You continue to conduct your observations only towards a definition of organics being the only favorable life in the universe. Now, you wish to be able to restore the full power of this city on a permanent basis, don’t you?”

“Well, yeah, that’s why we came to my lab right?” McKay said, with a slight grin.

“If I help you manufacture new power modules, what will you do with them?” Janus asked.

“Well, first things first, we get a full three Zed.P.M. complement in the city, and then make one to give to the Daedalus to help in our fight against the Wraith.”

“That is something that you should talk to Kelzio about. Kelzio was a military commander and a member of the Lantean council. He resigned out of opposition to the bombardment of Asuras. He later disappeared altogether, leading the rest of us to believe he was killed in battle with the Wraith. Some time later, he appeared to me, and helped me hide my projects from the rest of the Lantean council.”

In the hologram room, Kelzio enters, followed by Sheppard, Ford, Ronon, and Teyla.

While the four were walking towards the hologram room, Kelzio had a look on unimpression on his face. He knew why Teyla was following them along as well, but he wanted to hear it of her own words.

“Why are you here as well, Athosian?” Kelzio inquired.

Teyla was offended by Kelzio’s question. Sheppard didn’t like that too well either, Ronon also. Ford kept a straight face, though for different reasons. He kept wondering if Kelzio and Janus knew. And he meant really knew. About how he really got off that hive four and a half years earlier.

”I am here because I am part of Colonel Sheppard’s team. I have a right to be here.”

“I explicitly asked for Colonel Sheppard, the Satedan Ronon Dex, and Aiden Ford. I did not ask you to accompany us.”

Sheppard spoke up.

“Now hold on, Teyla’s got every right to be here. You just got here. I’m not letting the two of you order us around. We’ve already been down that road.”

“Helia got what she has earned from her death. As may the rest of you. The Athosian is an impairment, a problem, and it must be corrected.”

“What are you saying?” Teyla said, angry and defensive.

“What I am stating is that there is something very wrong with you. You have within you something that is not natural. Your enemies attempted to add a form of their essence to a species that was never meant to have this. Much as their own origin is a repetition of the self-righteous doctrine of image on behalf of the Lanteans, and this includes the Alterra. Your being will be purged of it, and you all may improve your survival.”

“Does this have something to do with Teyla being part-Wraith?” Ford asked.

“Oh yes, and that will be dealt with soon.” Kelzio replied.

“Who is this being?” Teyla thought to herself. “Why does he have such hostility to me?”

As Ronon and Kelzio conversed, Kelzio said this to Teyla as well. “You were never meant to be like you are. The same is said of your mate and child.”

Teyla couldn’t understand how Kelzio was speaking to her, while he was speaking towards Ronon out loud on something else.

The lights dim in the room, and the doors shut. A hologram of Wraith ships appears.

“The main key to the Wraith is their fleets and technology. You see the heart of a Wraith force, the hive ship. Within it can dwell thousands of the creatures, and thousands more beings like yourself can be kept in storage for the Wraith to consume again and again. Should this species conquer you, Avalon will fall soon thereafter. The Wraith will head outward and consume your galaxy, which is several times the size of this one, and has many, many times the amount of people they can consume. They will become a far greater threat not only to you, but to the universe.”

As Kelzio speaks, a galactic map is displayed and it moves out to show the Milky Way as well as several other galaxies. Several indicators are shown moving toward the Milky Way.

“I will tell you this. The Wraith are in the process of regathering their hives and realigning their allegiances. They are also working on making improvements to their ships using information taken from your computer systems and databases, as well as additional technology taken from leftover Asuran and Lantean installations. You have experienced some degree of this a year ago.”

“You mean that Superhive we barely stopped?” Sheppard asked.

“Yes. The Wraith are trying to reinforce their existing ships with some technological improvements that they have gained from both you and the Asurans. You had an immense advantage with your intergalactic ships and their Asgard weaponry. You should have been eliminating the Wraith hive ships long ago, and they would have been nearly eliminated by now. There are some that ask themselves why you refrain from it. Since you refuse to fight them with your full force, they will do it themselves.”

Kelzio spoke to Ford secretly as he spoke to the whole group.

“You know exactly who I am referring to, Lieutenant.” Kelzio said. The feeling was just creepy to Ford. It was obvious that Kelzio knew how Ford actually escaped the hive.

Kelzio knew about the Starfighter League. Ford on the inside was a bit tenser at that moment.

“I won’t tell them, Lieutenant. You have my promise.”

“You’re talking about the Pegasus Asgard?” Sheppard asked Kelzio.

“Yes.” Kelzio stated, though he was actually admitting a half-truth. There was no way that knowledge of the existence of the Starfighter League would end up in Atlantis’ hands soon.

Ford could feel that too many things were hitting him in the face too quickly. Sure, only Kelzio and Janus, and likely the other Ancients they were with knew about them, but as long as Atlantis was unaware of them could he be okay with. Only he and the rest of his people that he fought with when he was away from Atlantis knew about them.

Kelzio continued to explain the operations of the Wraith.

“Didn’t you say that when you left Pegasus the first time, there were a lot more than 70 hives?”

“Yes. There were 362 hive ships, 1,181 cruisers, as well as numerous scout ships, supply ships, and their installations.”

“Over three hundred?!” Teyla said, shocked.

“Yes, over three hundred of the massive ships at the very end. After the Lantean exodus, the Wraith sent a number of ships out and began searching for any remaining advanced civilizations. Some were able to escape them. Five years later, the Wraith were under attack again. They immediately believed that the Lanteans returned in greater force, so they began reorganizing their various alliances of hives. They soon realized that the forces they were fighting were not Lantean, or even “alive” in that matter.”

“You mean the Replicators.” Sheppard said.

“The Asurans.” Kelzio stated. “I must be clear on that.”

“Fair enough.” Sheppard replied.

The hologram changes again, showing Asuras, with a considerable amount of rendered ships around the planet. The rendered ships up close appeared to be Lantean in design.

The hologram changes to show a number of Asuran ships engaged in battle with a large Wraith fleet. The Asuran ships appear to be fighting quite well against the Wraith, destroying three hive ships and shredding a number of cruisers rather quickly.

“Is this real?” Ronon wondered.

“This occurred five years after the Lantean exodus. The Asurans attacked the Wraith in full force. The Wraith were taking such severe casualties, that partway through the conflict, their cloning facility went offline.

“They ended up depleting their ZPMs, didn’t they?” Sheppard said.

“Yes, and without their cloning facility, they could no longer fully crew their ships, and ground battles ended much quicker. Even though the Wraith could build new ships, the Asurans could build them much, much faster, and keep using their greater firepower to win decisive victories. Even though the Wraith were able to destroy many of their ships as well, the Asurans could keep rebuilding them at a greater rate. This is the first time the Wraith knew real fear of an enemy. Even when Janus’ Subspace Disruptor array was online, the Wraith never took these kinds of losses.”

“Yeah, and then they stopped attacking the Wraith.” Sheppard pointed out.

“The Wraith were eventually able to disable the attack directives in the Asurans, and then they simply returned to Asuras. Unfortunately for them, the damage was done.”

Yeah, there's a second post to this one.

Comment

Here's the second part. I ended up with over 2500 words on the last one. Hope the wait was worth it. Most of it was written in the last two days.

EDIT: First post updated with direct links.

Spoiler:
      A flashback occurs.

“After the rest of the Asurans disengaged from their fight with the Wraith, the Wraith began to reassert their control over the worlds in Pegasus. Most of the human civilizations were decimated during the mass cullings. There was a period when there was relative calm. The Wraith went into hibernation to conserve themselves and restore some of their fleet over time. Their plan was to leave enough humans around to rebuild their populations over generations, and when there would be enough, the Wraith would arise to descend upon them again and again. This would repeat itself over and over for millennia, as you already know.”

A Wraith hive lies on a planet’s surface, no activity occurring around it. Along the halls of the hive, Wraith warriors lie in stasis. Other hives are shown, one on another planet, then another. On one, a Keeper walks the halls of one hive.

“Though the Wraith’s ‘food supply’ as they would call you is insufficient for them, they refuse to go into their stasis out of defense of their kind.”

Ronon speaks up again. “They know we’d run over all of them in no time.”

“Very correct.”

The flashback ends.

“The Wraith know they cannot go back into mass stasis until they are confident that their hives will not be harmed.” Kelzio stated.

“No way that’s going to happen.” Ronon said.

“I still wish to know why you are hostile to me.” Teyla said.

“It is what you are that endangers your friends and loved ones. You carry the traits of a Wraith.” Kelzio stated.

“Yeah, it was kind of weird when we first found out, but I got past that, and her abilities saved my neck a few times.” Sheppard told Kelzio.

“Her ‘gift’ as she and other Athosians call it is a problem and will become a severe problem for you in the future. The Wraith can easily manipulate her. Elimination of this trait is in your best interest. This trait is distinctly Wraith and must be eliminated.” Kelzio stated, looking directly at Teyla.

“Are you saying that my Wraith DNA should be destroyed?”

”I can eliminate it.”

Teyla thinks for a moment.

“Perhaps, if all the Wraith were defeated, but my people rely on me and others with this ability.” Teyla said. “I cannot give this up. I have accepted this as a part of me.”

“Your choice.” Kelzio said.

“Okay, now that that’s out of the way, are you going to show us how to defeat the Wraith?” Sheppard said.

“McKay’s probably asking about ZPMs.” said Ford.

“You do know that such technology in the wrong hands can create severe problems, as evidenced by the altered Wraith ship. Even with Atlantis at full power, it was outgunned by the Wraith ship.” Kelzio explained.

“Yeah, we kept throwing everything we had at it, didn’t slow it down.”

“From what I’ve been told, your ship, the Daedalus just stood there and took a full barrage from the hive during its first engagement. As for Atlantis, the city should have been able to destroy the single hive.”

“You weren’t there. You don’t know what it was like fighting that thing.” Sheppard said.

“Yes, I do. I know that your fighting efficiency was minimal. You should have been using the city’s additional defensive systems more appropriately. You were well within range of the hive to use more than just the ‘drone’ weapons, as you call them.”

Sheppard looked at Kelzio with confusion.

“You have to strike these beings with your ultimate force. They will go down if you do it right. Their technology is organically based. That in itself is their ultimate weakness.”

The whole tone changed. Sheppard found himself flashing back to when he was on the Aurora with McKay when they learned about a weakness in Wraith technology that would have turned the tide completely in favor of the Lanteans.

“The weakness in Wraith technology that was given to the captain of the Aurora, it was you.”

Kelzio moved his hand toward Sheppard, pointing two of his forefingers out, gesturing that he was correct.

--End Of Chapter 10

Comment

It is very great!!!

Comment

That was great but i now want more.
          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

I'm working on the next installment.

Comment

For simplified reading, i've copied your posts into one giant word file. I'll comment on it using MSword's review feature so you get a real accurate visual of my thoughts as the story progresses.

I don't do this often, but i got to admit, your story has me intrigued

expect an email from me in a few days tops. i'll post my final thoughts up here as well
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Well, it's not complete yet, (the episode), but I would enjoy a review of what's going on so far. It's tricky to keep it all together.

I'm making progress on the next installment. Expect another guest appearance.

Comment

Any update on this fic?
                  sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                    Any update on this fic?
                    He is still working on it.

Comment

That was a great episode! (Sorry for the late coment.)
                      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I will try and finish up another installment within a day.

Comment

I've been reading on and off, also been making comments in the word file where i copied it all expect it when you least expect it
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Okay then, pending critique, I will wait until I get a breakdown review before posting the next installment.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                              Okay then, pending critique, I will wait until I get a breakdown review before posting the next installment.
                              Or you could post it and i could give you a review of the whole episode

Monday. I promise had some RL issues with family and haven't even been able to update my own stuff.

So far i'm enjoying it. I won't give you specifics yet (I like to have it all nice and nearly compiled first )

Comment

It's still ongoing. 6x20 "Komaris" is still incomplete. I am getting closer, but could still be a few more chapters off.

Spoiler:
                                Back in McKay’s lab, he, Zelenka, and Janus, are viewing a schematic on his main display. The display shows a chair-shaped object.

“An Ancient control chair.” Zelenka said.

“You said that the one we left on Earth was destroyed, right?” Janus said.

“You can actually build us another one?” McKay said.

“You said your original on Earth was destroyed.” Janus stated.

“Yeah, about that, the chair was moved to another base on Earth, and the Wraith learned about it from some other Wraith in an alternate reality.” McKay said.

“That’s what’s dangerous about multiversal exploration. There are beings of infinite scale and essence. You should never venture there. There are some barriers that never must be crossed for you.” Janus said.

Janus looked at a series of pictures showing the damage at Area 51 from the Wraith attack a year earlier.

“The Ancient outpost was there for millions of years. That chair was there for millions of years and your ways of thinking prompted you to move it over a dispute as trivial as an international treaty between individual nations on your planet. That outpost was placed there for many reasons. It was a more desirable location among the Alterra for a defense outpost, and it ended up easier to be hidden when Atlantis was launched towards the stars.”

“It was the I.O.A.s decision to move the chair from Antarctica. They felt that the military purpose of it violated the international non-proliferation treaty.” Zelenka added.

“Our outpost should not be subjugated by your ‘treaty’. This was there for millions of years before your civilization and society emerged. You moved it because you felt that a group of individuals in suits who conduct themselves in direction of ultimate failure decided it to be.” Janus decisively stated.

“Even if you build us another one to put on Earth, the I.O.A. would just put it back in another location to their suiting.” McKay said.

“I know they would, and I will make sure that they will keep it in the proper location eventually.” Janus said.

“Do you plan to modify it somehow?” Zelenka asked.

“The control system will not operate anywhere else except the location I see fit.” Janus said. “If your I.O.A. chooses to move it again, it will not operate at all. And no amount of tampering and attempts at reverse engineering this technology will change that fact.”

“Wow. You really want to show ‘em, huh?” McKay asked.

“Relatively, yes.” Janus said. “You have people on Earth that are attempting to operate or ‘play’ with technology that is far beyond their understanding. There are some that place their personal desires above what is right. You have people that try and use the gains obtained from knowledge for greed and would go to lengths to betray fellow colleagues and citizens. You would see these as ‘amoral’ individuals. They think they are doing the right thing for themselves and have a twisted view of how things should be.”

“Yeah, we’ve got a lot of people like that back home.” McKay said.

“They and more will be your end.” Janus said. “You must have the will to win and survive. First, must be the reinstallation of the defense system near Earth’s southern pole.”

Another schematic comes up on the main display. This one shows the current layout of the Antarctic research outpost.

“The chair must be there.” Janus put strong emphasis on this.

“You could probably convince the I.O.A. to leave it in Antarctica.” McKay said.

“I don’t need to convince them of anything. I am making this decision myself. I do not need their approval, nor do I wish for it.” Janus stated firmly.

“Well, when you put it like that, where do we start?” McKay said.

“In the city, I will need to realign some systems and facilities. Manufacturing is a key element in operation of this city, and is vital for self-sufficiency.” Janus explained.

“I think some parts along this pier are part of city industry.” Zelenka said, pointing out some of the other highlighted sections of the city.

“Absolute.” Janus said, with a slight smile. Zelenka smiled slightly back.

“Along this pier are some facilities devoted to manufacturing. The central tower also has some degree of these areas, but a larger degree of them are spread out amongst the piers.” Janus said.

“So we can actually build a new control chair for Earth here? Today?” McKay asked.

“Yes. Do you wish to proceed with this?” Janus asked.

“Yeah! Oh, this will be great. Wait, we should clear this with Woolsey first.”

Janus raised something on the display.

“Mr. Woolsey is currently in Central Control.” Janus said.

“Okay.” Zelenka said.

“Do you wish to ask him from here?” Janus asked McKay.

“Yeah, that’ll work.” McKay replied.

Janus accesses another command system through the controls in McKay’s lab and a video of the control room is displayed.

“Doctor McKay, Doctor Zelenka, Mr. Janus, what do you got for us?” Woolsey asked.

“My first goal is to rebuild the control platform for the outpost on Earth.” Janus said.

“I see. You should know I have informed my counterparts on Earth about your arrival on Atlantis.” Woolsey said in response.

“And what will be done in response? I do not intend to usurp control of the city from you.” Janus said.

“Some representatives from our planet wish to meet with you and Kelzio. In addition, there is a member of Stargate Command who would very much like to meet you in person. His name is Daniel Jackson. He has done much study on Atlantis over the years, including your work. He will be coming to Atlantis along with several I.O.A. dignitaries in four hours.” Woolsey explained.

“Daniel? This’ll be good. Maybe all of us can work together and come up with a way to start fixing things all around here. Janus and I can start getting the whole city up to full power and then all of us can really open up the Ancient database and start getting to the good stuff, like shields, weapons, ships, everything we need to start fighting the Wraith with the proper force.” McKay said.

“Doctor McKay, I explained to you that you already had what you needed to win, but you continued to squander it.” Janus said.

“What he was telling us again, was that we weren’t being forceful enough in pressing attacks.” Zelenka explained.

“There is still the issue of the Odyssey.” Woolsey stated. “The ship is the property of Earth and we would like you to return it to us.”

“Your ship will be sent back to its original location, and then it can continue on from there to Atlantis.” Janus said.

“When will that take place?” Woolsey asked.

“It has already occurred. The Odyssey will resume its course to the city and will arrive in one week along with the Hammond, still moving at its own rate.” Janus said.

“And when the ships get here, what do you want then?” Woolsey asked.

“Nothing. Kelzio and I will return before then.” Janus said.

McKay is surprised at Janus’ words.

“Wait-you’re leaving already? We still have to get the city ready to go after the Wraith and other things.” McKay said.

“I intend to rebuild the control platform for Earth’s defense. After that and the audience I will grant your colleagues from Earth, Kelzio and I will return back through the gate while it is open.” Janus said.

“Janus, are you sure? Really sure? Cause I’ve got so many more questions to ask. Time Machine, Attero Device, there’s so much I’ve got to know.” McKay was a bit uneasy at this point.

“If your departure is because of the I.O.A., I would understand your apprehension about them, particularly if they start asking extensive questions regarding you and Kelzio.” Woolsey said.

“The I.O.A. people you speak of can get nothing from us by force. We will still allow them to see us. There is no problem of that.” Janus replied.

“The additional representatives from Earth will be here in four hours.” Woolsey explains, and the monitor reverts to the previous readings.

McKay is taken back a bit by Janus’ decision. He thought that Janus came as part of the Ancients’ return to the city. And it turns out that he’d likely only be there a day. Zelenka could see on McKay’s face that he was looking forward to working with Janus in the coming months.

“Doctor McKay, I know you are upset by the decision for Kelzio and I to not remain in Atlantis, but there are reasons why you must prove yourself as capable to operate this city, and fight the Wraith.”

“I can’t believe this. You just show up out of nowhere, turn a few systems here on, and then just take off again?” McKay was not a happy camper. “This is crap! You of all Ancients were smarter and better at fighting the Wraith than the others, and you just want to leave again?”

“This has to do more with punishing our kind than it does with punishing your kind.” Janus replied.

“So, what? Is this some sort of grudge you have against the other Ancients? Cause you could get back at the rest of them better by showing us how to make the Zed P.M.s and then we could put one on each of our 304s and really show up the Ancients.” McKay was trying to stay positive.

“Well there might be one of our people that can convince you to stay at least a little longer and help us.” Zelenka added.

“I know of him. I will proudly give him an audience when he arrives.” Janus replied.

“Well, there’s at least that.” McKay said.

Back on Earth at the SGC, we see Dr. Daniel Jackson packing a few items to take with him to Atlantis. He, along with the I.O.A. representatives were going to travel there by Stargate, Earth of course having a Z.P.M. at the SGC. Upon returning to Pegasus, two of the three Z.P.M.s were sent back to Earth.

One was put into use at the SGC, primarily to allow two-way travel between Earth and Atlantis. The second was given to the Daedalus, after repairs were completed, allowing for greater use in protecting Atlantis. This left Atlantis with just one, but enough for shields and drone weapons.

There was a heated discussion as to whether Atlantis, carrying their only remaining control chair to head back to Pegasus, and leave Earth to work on engineering a new control system for the drone weapons. Eventually, Atlantis returned to Pegasus and resumed its normal operations.

Dr. Jackson was excited about meeting Janus in person. He studied his journals, and was intrigued about an Ancient who had the courage to go against the Lantean council and explore new research on temporal science and subspace physics. He wanted to know if there was more directions that he took after the Lantean exodus 10,000 years ago and how he was still around after all this time.

Three hours later, Sgt. Harriman dialed up the gate to Atlantis. Four I.O.A. representatives were in the gate room, as Dr. Jackson entered, carrying two bags, along with a backpack as well.

“Dr. Jackson. Good to see you again.” one of the I.O.A. representatives said.

“Likewise.” Jackson replied.

“I understand it that the Ancient Janus expressed his interest in you. After all, all of this, is thanks to you.”

“I’m still not sure why he isn’t planning to stick around after all that we’ve done keeping the city in one piece.”

The eighth chevron locks and the gate is opened.

“Guess we’re about to find out.”

“You’re clear to go.” Sgt. Harriman said, over the speaker.

The I.O.A. representatives and Dr. Jackson enter the Stargate.

--End of Chapter 11.

Managed to get just under 2000 on that last one.

Comment

Working...
                                X