Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    Anyone feel that the population figures for the Wraith are inaccurate?
    It is the only major 'bad guy' in that region of space. They have the means to expand, and feed. The human population may be small (to the milkly way) but thier should be 1/10 ratio of hunter to prey to make it work for the Waith ( look at the milky way population as a base)

Comment

I just found this fanfic and love it.

My only prob is really the part where you debunk realtivty.

Because clocks on board space craft today record minute time dilation.

Now if you said that time dilation is relative and that it has upper limit out side of extreme gravity fields like a black hole, then it makes more sense.

Another thing that SG established that the last epo. of Atlantis contradicted was how Stargates work.

It in the Stargate-verse wormholes appear to be micro to nano/pico sized. A Stargate for instance is not just point to point wormhole generator. Its a teleporter combined with a wormhole generator. When someone passes through the event horizon they are essentially beamed into the gates transporter buffer and that energy/info is shot through a micro-wormhole to another gate (this why if the connection is severed in transit you die since you are still nothing but a matter/info stream) and then at the other gate you are reassembled and beamed/pushed out the other event horizon.

Oh and I already guess that there are now with Janus revelations that Stevenson has only two options against the Ascended Empire.

Spoiler:
      Either recreate Merlin's weapon and destroy them all, hopefully expanding its range across this part of the universe. But this would kill the good and the bad together, a weapon of mass destruction which is very unAncienty. Or using a similar device based on similar principles as described by the Asgard (which their understanding of the original device doomed them) to force all Ascended beings in this part of the universe to descend and retake corporal form. Which creates a whole host of its own problems but would make life much more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TK99 View Post
        I just found this fanfic and love it.
        Spoiler:
        Either recreate Merlin's weapon and destroy them all, hopefully expanding its range across this part of the universe. But this would kill the good and the bad together, a weapon of mass destruction which is very unAncienty. Or using a similar device based on similar principles as described by the Asgard (which their understanding of the original device doomed them) to force all Ascended beings in this part of the universe to descend and retake corporal form. Which creates a whole host of its own problems but would make life much more interesting.
        i didn't understand the other option, but something in the text gave me an idea
        stevenson could make genetic changes to himself and everyone (who he wants protected from the AE) that would result in a new organ (i'm assuming this wouldn't be the 1st time they (alterra) do this kind of thing to themselves) that constantly generates the same energy merlin's weapon did (only now it wouldn't make one pulse but a constant emited um... signal)
        the field wouldn't be galaxy wide of course, but this way he wouldn't kill everyone, only those that want to get close enough to harm him.
        organ (lol) generated energy should be sufficient to make a field big enough to work against strategies like collapsing buildings or doing stuff to planets to kill and similar, because merlin's weapon was capable of wiping out a whole galaxy and it didn't have a zpm or anything even close to it...
        wild theory huh?
        Last edited by NIMBUS; 15 January 2010, 12:11 AM.
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Loving this series so far, chapters aren't showing up fast enough!

Aer'ki, can you provide us with a general timeline for this story? I know some years have gone by since the beginning but it would be great if we could know when each episode takes place.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Comment

few pages back he posted a timeline.
            ...about the chapters not showing up fast enough - i agree , but it's unrealistic to have more than one chapter per day.
            about the story... i want to see how carter is doing ...oh and wasn't teal'c a part of sg1? ...teal'c and bra'tac having a chat ... that's going to be a sweet chapter
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor01 View Post
              Loving this series so far, chapters aren't showing up fast enough!

Aer'ki, can you provide us with a general timeline for this story? I know some years have gone by since the beginning but it would be great if we could know when each episode takes place.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
              Pilot................2010
              Episode 2.........2010
              Episode 3/4......2010
              Episode 7.........2010
              Episode 8.........2011
              Episode 9.........2011
              Episode 10/11...2011
              Episode 12.......2011
              Episode 13.......2012
              Episode 14.......2012
              Episode 15.......2012
              Episode 16.......2012
              Episode 17.......2012
              Episode 18.......2013
              Episode 19.......2013
              Episode 20.......2013

Season two will start the timeline moving faster, and I'll post the year for each episode above the text.
              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Thanks for the information.

I'm also interested in military statistics on the Pegasus front. Although I believe that the next few episodes leading up to the Season finale will heavily involve the Aschen.

Comment

i want to learn more about what is happening in other galaxies along with more information about alterran history of course
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                    yea i though of that when i wrote about the cloaks, and while yes their situation is similar (they too were committed and would not reveal the specs), their devices were flawed (radiation) ... that's why sgc didn't use them and others probably didn't try hard enough to replicate them.... otherwise all we would seen is the other dimension.
                    The radiation wasn't a flaw, it was part of the design.

The language thing, ripping too much from star wars "Galactic basic" anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                      The language thing, ripping too much from star wars "Galactic basic" anyone?
                      ehhh not really like everyone does use it but only because the ancients felt they were not able to comprehend the intricacies of Lingara or that they felt it was an affront to their superiority. It mostly reminds me of the relationship between Latin and the derivatives of it back in the Middle Ages. Latin was strictly used for important matters among the educated while other languages like Italian and Spanish were common everyday languages. Aer'ki latin is branch of lingara right? if so how similar is it to the ancient language?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                        The radiation wasn't a flaw, it was part of the design.
                        it doesn't matter what you call it... but it's the only reason why earthlings saw it as unusable and not worth replicating.

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                          ehhh not really like everyone does use it but only because the ancients felt they were not able to comprehend the intricacies of Lingara or that they felt it was an affront to their superiority. It mostly reminds me of the relationship between Latin and the derivatives of it back in the Middle Ages. Latin was strictly used for important matters among the educated while other languages like Italian and Spanish were common everyday languages. Aer'ki latin is branch of lingara right? if so how similar is it to the ancient language?
                          Vocabulary is a derivative, but not the syntax. Lingara was too complex for them to pick up by hearing it spoken by the Lanteans, but they did learn basic vocabulary...even if they did get some of the pronunciations wrong.

Basic idea is that Lingara uses 24 basic letters to construct base words...then they have additional letters for tenses, possessives, mathematics, etc that attach onto the base words.

For example. The word "do" in english changes to "did" for past tense. In Lingara, the word would stay the same but add a letter, such as "do'a" making it past tense.

In math, a number would be "six", but if you wanted to say 6th, you'd write "six'b". To say "a sixth" it'd be "six'c" or for two sixths it'd be "two six'c"
                          Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

oh so the ancient alphabet we have seen doesnt necessarily apply then?
                            sigpic

Comment

Episode 17, Chapter 4 is up.

Comment

a little short... disappointed that Teal'c didn't join SG-1 on the mission to Dakara.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X