Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmullins View Post
    Do you have a link to the correct one? NVM, I think I found it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Force-Inc...rds=star+force
    Yes, that is the right link. For anyone who is confused, my pen name for Star Force is also Aer-ki Jyr.

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
    I don't mind if you leave the pics for now but the description of the support ships would be nice (size, specifications etc)
    Just a quick question i do not have a kindle can i still buy this and read it another way
    Star Force is exclusively for kindle, but you don't have to own the device. Google "kindle app" and there are a number of devices that can be used as readers, including your desktop computer which is the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000426311

As for the specifications...I'll update the wiki sometime this weekend.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Ay, that took way too long, but I have a decent schematic of the Columnar now. Dimensions are accurate to grid. 1 square - 1km

http://sgrota.wikia.com/wiki/Columnar

Support ships I have on paper, will get those up later.

Comment

Read the first booklet. I did like it, and the dino reference was interesting. I was going to leave a review and realized I was using my wifes account so didn't. Sorry.

Comment

Right got episodes 1 to 5 of your Star Force, i will read them tonight and over the days and give reviews on amazon.
          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Read the first booklet. I did like it, and the dino reference was interesting. I was going to leave a review and realized I was using my wifes account so didn't. Sorry.
            Glad you liked it.

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
            Right got episodes 1 to 5 of your Star Force, i will read them tonight and over the days and give reviews on amazon.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
              Ay, that took way too long, but I have a decent schematic of the Columnar now. Dimensions are accurate to grid. 1 square - 1km

http://sgrota.wikia.com/wiki/Columnar

Support ships I have on paper, will get those up later.

your ship designs are alright but they could be better.

love your story btw

Comment

Can you give us a link to the ROTA kindle page?

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                  Can you give us a link to the ROTA kindle page?
                  ROTA isn't on Kindle. I'd get super sued if I did that. I have an original series called STAR FORCE on kindle.

Comment

Capture.JPG
                    A while back I inquired to the publisher of the Stargate Novels about writing ROTA for them and got the silent brushoff, so I find this to be humorously vindictive. Look at the top and bottom SG entries...and my original story that nobody knows about yet right between them on the UK top book sales list "scifi series."

Comment

Just finished all the star force books out so far, loving the story! Great job! I don't know if its possible but if you can set the price up so there is a minimum you'll sell it for but people can volunteer to pay more? I know that I would be happy to pay extra to keep the flow of the story coming.

Not complaining at the regular updates coming through at all though. I'm really impressed. Although that prequel episode now has me hooked and I can't wait to find out what happens! I hope we don't have to wait too long before the time catches up to the snippet from then!
                      Better a diamond with a flaw than a peeble without

Comment

Originally posted by camothor View Post
                        Just finished all the star force books out so far, loving the story! Great job! I don't know if its possible but if you can set the price up so there is a minimum you'll sell it for but people can volunteer to pay more? I know that I would be happy to pay extra to keep the flow of the story coming.

Not complaining at the regular updates coming through at all though. I'm really impressed. Although that prequel episode now has me hooked and I can't wait to find out what happens! I hope we don't have to wait too long before the time catches up to the snippet from then!
                        Thanks! As for the pricing, you're one of the few complaining about it being too low, lol. Some of the bad reviews I've got have been based solely on the price. Guess they got used to reading freebies and novels for 99 cents. Actually, with the publishing package I have with Amazon, which gives a much higher royalty because I promise only to publish through them, the minimum price is $2.99 and the maximum is $9.99. The beginning word length for novels is 80,000 words and goes up through 120,000 for most books, though you do see some really long exceptions. Each of the Star Force episodes is about 20,000 words...actually all but the first are over that, so length wise 4 episodes is equivalent to a novel, meaning 2.99 x 4 = 11.96, and given that most new hardback novels run $20 - $30, I'd say my price is comparable, given that there's no paper to charge for.

There's some discussion amongst author circles that the higher you raise the price the more people will buy, because they think higher prices mean more quality, but I think 2.99 (and 1.95 uk) are just about right, so I plan to keep the price the same throughout the series. I have heard that some other sites allow the 'pay more' plan, but Amazon does not. They're strictly a retailer with set prices.

As for the prologue...it's at .99 because I'm trying to get Amazon to price match it down to free, which they do a lot of if another ebook seller has a lower price. They haven't changed it yet, and don't allow us to sell our books for lower than .99 cents even with the basic publishing package. I know if it's free it'll generate more awareness, so that's why I wrote it. It is up for free on a couple of smaller websites(which should trigger the price match) and I didn't post about it on facebook because I never intended for anyone to actually buy it. Thanks though to those who did.

As for the updates, sorry about the 2 month delay. Between the olympics(which I have to watch), knocking off another episode of ROTA, and a few family get togethers I got behind schedule. I'm trying for 1 a month, and hope to have number 11 written by the end of October if I don't get sidetracked.

Comment

You tease, I went looking for an updated ROTA episode.

Comment

You tease, I went looking for an updated ROTA episode.
                            Haha, sorry. Did you also flip on the TV to see if another olympics was on?

Comment

emm aer'ki you have to update/fix ROTA's community page on fanfiction.net, episode 7 doesn't show up there, at least is doesn't for me
                              ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                                emm aer'ki you have to update/fix ROTA's community page on fanfiction.net, episode 7 doesn't show up there, at least is doesn't for me
                                I have tried several times. Each time I try to add it again, it says it's already added. But yeah, it doesn't show on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X