Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
    I`ve been reading this series since its start. It is a wonderful piece of writing. I like the fact that Rodney is now going to be upgraded to Lantean. But couldn`t he have been tested in another way rather than running 5 Km on a track. Maybe going out on a mission and having him split from the team and him running the required distance to the gate to go get help??? But that is just my opinion. Will we see Rodney being offered the chance to become an Alterra?? He would make an excellent addition or head of the science council. I feel that the tests have to be suited to the indiviual to get the best out of them. What works for one person won`t work for another.

Also what has happened to the 3 "liberated" BC-304`s?? Are they just sitting on one of Atlantis`s piers?? Has the Asgard legacy been stripped out of the Odessey by the returning Asgard??

Those are my thoughts and opinions.

Please continue this great series.
    Like Elizabeth, Rodney's weak spot(biggest one) is physicality. By making him run it means he has to find more balance in his life. More balance means more efficiency, which will increase the chances of longer life whether human or lantean. That's why it was the right test for Rodney. If it had been Lorne's test, running would have been too easy because he was already familiar with it.

The 304s are being used as Lantean ships. Teyla was using the one commanded by Ford to go after and rescue Humans from the Wraith. Right now they and the Tria make up the Lantean fleet.

Asgard didn't take back the database. Why would they? The Alterra know more than they do. As for Earth's copy, they're not going to be an indian giver.

McKay=Alterra? He has to cheat just to get to lantean...so don't hold your breath.

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
    i got to say this(3rd) was a cool chapter. interesting and out of the routine and filled with little snippets of info about alterra - cool!
    ...everyone thinks that stevenson is gonna be pissed at sheppard for doing what he did in this chapter. i don't think so, he might not be happy, but he won't care enough. sheppard said it - lanteans are more like humans than alterra, i think that he doesn't really care who's lantean and who's human, the only reason stevenson doesn't turn everyone into lantean immediately is that he wants to ensure they don't die too soon, he doesn't want to start finding new lanteans to train 100 years from now... btw i wanted to remind you that other tests we heard about that weren't running related (keller had some other) were appointed by elizabeth not stevenson. stevenson will prob have sheppard teach rodney why it's important to run, or just give him that download, just to ensure that everything's going to be ok.

btw love that alterra have wireless-goa'uld powers ...alterra should have a different point of view regarding goa'uld.
    Not Goa'uld, think intergalactic communication device as seen in SG-1 season 9.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

niceeeee... love the ascended stuff . hope this rivera guys will fight with stevenson

Comment

I was hoping that mckay and John were not the only 'cheaters' that would be in this chapter, now it seems like the other 'cheaters' are eighter Ryan and this other guy or it could be the empire as a hole. With all the talk about nexuses, and originals, makes me think of the Nox and thier 'dark spot' in thier head that they all have.

Comment

hehe so I was right about evolving into something higher! Just wonder how powerful the evolution will be... Well I think Ryan and the Rivera Ascended being will be able to own the two E-Agents.

Comment

now this is interesting other factions other than the ori. Now that we know other "nations" rival the AE we must find out what went wrong in the other dimensions from Janus. Maybe Stevenson can create a coalition of Ascended nations to defeat the Ascended Empire.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
              now this is interesting other factions other than the ori. Now that we know other "nations" rival the AE we must find out what went wrong in the other dimensions from Janus. Maybe Stevenson can create a coalition of Ascended nations to defeat the Ascended Empire.
              Send him and the clones in to the Empire to spy, and send some clones to other gals to find 'ascended' allies, but they would need more ships or hope their is a stargate system in these other gals,

Comment

Very nice.

Except now you make the Originals seem more like Lovecraften Old Gods and I honestly don't know if that's good or bad.

But it does say that victory is now gonna be a lot harder, since now that he knows there is a kinda Cold War out there amongst the Old Ones. He will need the others just to keep the 29 galaxy's free of outside interference.

But as for asking Jonaus, I don't think Ryan really trusts him. I wouldn't all we have his word on who he is and where he is from. For all we know he is a plant to make sure Ryan fails.

At the end though I thought the two other Ascended beings coming at Ryan were Adria and Morgan. But based on what the Rivera guy said, Adria and Morgan may have starved to death in Destra or at least been forced to move to battle field with a feeding ground to sustain them. This guy might be able to take the Empires lackeys since he may partake of the Ascended Go-Juice and can command energies the Originals forbid the others to have.
                Last edited by TK99; 04 September 2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

what is Lovercrften?

As for Jonaus, I think he (Ryan) does trust him cause why else would he have the same block in his mind that Ryan has, cause if the 'Empire" put him in as a spy they would never have blocked them from reading his mind

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
                    what is Lovercrften?
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos

As for Jonaus, I think he (Ryan) does trust him cause why else would he have the same block in his mind that Ryan has, cause if the 'Empire" put him in as a spy they would never have blocked them from reading his mind
                    One the block means Ryan can never know if he is telling the truth, second he's too much a Mary Sue (and there's only room for one in this story) ie he seems to good to be true. Ryan it appears to be keeping Jonaus at arms length for now.

Comment

Well thank you for that!

But I still think Ryan is using Janaus as somone who knows what will happen, then there is the fact that he did not warn Ryan that this could happen.

Comment

fist things first - awesome chapter, congrats!

uhm aer'ki how do you feel about expanding on this "displacementary defences"?

so the ascended are even more easily destroyable than everyone thought "There are many ways of absorbing power. Our dimension is filled with one type that we must have in small amounts on a moment by moment basis. That is why we cannot completely leave this dimension for yours. A part of us is always linked to it, unless we choose to retake our previous form."

i got to say the ori wanting to kill the alterra is weird. they don't seam to hate or have any other emotions towards them, they just want them dead... and they seam to hate the empire more than the alterra "As it was intended to be. If we couldn't beat the Empire, we intended to give you the best chance you had at revenge." ...something's off... btw how could the ori not lose their 'grudge' against the alterra over the millions of years they were separated.

yes i know it might not seam like it, but i got to say, i think that the native afleheymians (or at least the ones that are part of the empire) are going to be DUMB! i can't really explain it, it's just a hunch ...they just seam to act only on their instincts... i think that a group of 'dark side' beings that ascended are playing everyone inside the empire (using originals to stay strong in afleheym, but allowing them to think that they are in power)... or something.

btw "No, they can't access your dimension."(talking about natives) does 'access' include 'see'?

btw2.0 another prediction - this guy (oh and what's his name? it's gonna make talking about him a lot easier... lol stevenson should remember sheppard and start calling him 'kenny' or something, cuz i got a feeling that the ori had stupid names) is gonna pwn the 2 ascended beings that are coming "They're moving so fast, and expending so much energy"

edit...
                        This guy might be able to take the Empires lackeys since he may partake of the Ascended Go-Juice and can command energies the Originals forbid the others to have.
                        tk99, where did you get that?

oh and what, stevenson is gonna make himself a nice place in the intergalactic void somewhere around destra to have a place to go to and release the energy and train his 'Kadarva' energy related 'tricks'? lol, btw readers don't forget to have this playing in the background when you are reading that bit
                        Last edited by NIMBUS; 05 September 2010, 06:30 AM.
                        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

little entertaining 'scientific' speculation, but nothing more...
                          from the facts that intergalactic space is 'more or less barren', biological energy is practically non-existent in afleheym and that it and midgar overlap i assume that one of the major energy sources for the afleheymians somehow is induced by midgar's matter...
                          about 'nexuses' and other 'wellsprings'(i assume they are smaller nexuses)... this is going to be an even bigger assumption but it fits... nexuses = galactic black-holes that emit a special kind of radiation (galaxy-wide) that weakens the 'inter-dimensional barrier' and allows for MORE matter-induced energy to pass through to afleheym or even creates it... wellsprings = smaller nexuses = smaller black-holes(regular ones... galactic black-holes are considered huge) that emit the same radiation.

and if any of what i speculated is true stevenson can prob cut afleheymian access to nexuses by special shields or something, effectively cutting their power greatly. this of course can be undone by the ascended within seconds unless stevenson can limit their passing into our dimension by emitting another type of energy(whose existence i speculated previously)(who cares technically or not(the way energy was created))(comment - everything seams energy based ) that will engulf the tech and anything else stevenson wants protected...

edit...was bored... the special kind of radiation can probably be created artificially in midgar, but the power consumption is probably equivalent to 'the power of the black-hole'(very scientific expression ) and not worth it or realistic...

all this works assuming i was right in the first paragraphs...

...so what do you ppl think... is this a total bullsh*t and doesn't fit?
                          Last edited by NIMBUS; 05 September 2010, 11:30 AM.
                          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post

edit...
                            tk99, where did you get that?
                            If the Empire controls information so strictly, do you really think they are gonna share real power in anyway except with their most loyal lieutenants.

Comment

Alot of information relating to the the empire and other ascended beings, I'm looking forward to reading your explanation of all this (alot of complicated information) on your wiki

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

That last chapter can really make you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X