Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and a new chapter is up,

if you thought japanese toilets were techy wait till you read about the alterran bathroom xD
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like Stevenson still has more work on himself to sort out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
        I think its fantastic that Ronon is sticking to his hard work ethic, I think one of the reasons stevenson is pressuring all the main characters to upgrade simply because he wants them to reach efficiency and continue to help him build his empire plus how good would this fic be if all our fav characters died before stevenson faces off with the ascended empire?
        Also what i find i interesting is that the alterans are becoming the "master race" of sorts since as of now his entire empire is made up of lower species like the jaffa and lanteans/seeds. Does anyone think its just a staging point for the assimilation into alterra society? that is until the alteran pop. is large enough to reproduce on its own.
        The 'master race' I hate that term, if that is the way you see what ryan is doing to those races you need to read it agian the Jaffa and the other seeds, just need a litttle guide or push, it's not like the altera(ryan)are making the seeds build ships,mine ore, or pick cotton, he is working with there histroy to let (make) them grow into what they should be in their own way. In my mind the way Ryan is slowly teaching or chaging the seeds so they grow till they can stand on their own. the way I read it Ryan just wants spieces to live in peace and how they want to live is allll good, as long as you don't kill just cause you can.

P.S. Sorry but 'master race' that phase, just chaps my @$$

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
          The 'master race' I hate that term, if that is the way you see what ryan is doing to those races you need to read it agian the Jaffa and the other seeds, just need a litttle guide or push, it's not like the altera(ryan)are making the seeds build ships,mine ore, or pick cotton, he is working with there histroy to let (make) them grow into what they should be in their own way. In my mind the way Ryan is slowly teaching or chaging the seeds so they grow till they can stand on their own. the way I read it Ryan just wants spieces to live in peace and how they want to live is allll good, as long as you don't kill just cause you can.

P.S. Sorry but 'master race' that phase, just chaps my @$$
          I should of phrased it differently.. perhaps lead species? not entirely sure i didnt want to give a vague reference to stevenson being a nazi or w.e But i used that term loosely because all the alterra hold the key positions while all the other species tend to do the other work. Like i cant see an alterra becoming a regular physician however i could see them just keeping the lanteans around to do that sort of work unless like i said earlier being a lantean is like a way point to becoming an alterra and ultimately given time the seed species/jaffa will eventually merge into the Alerran race (which is the only way i see it possible to restore their pop to the billions in the long run) And yes i do see stevenson as a patriarchal figure towards the developing seed species

btw, i would add a lot more questions pertaining to social structure within the alterra domain however it'll prob get WAY to complicated.
          oh and the reason i put it in quotes was because i was unsure of how to put it, ill make it a bit more clear next time

EDIT: Well my entire post is irrelevant now since i looked up in the wiki and it more or less answered my questions. but i still would like to see the seed species being assimilated in some form (would bring the legacy project full circle)
          Last edited by _Famrir_; 30 August 2010, 12:16 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

wow rodney really has a problem ...2 years? ronon had genetic alterations that made him wraith-proof, rodney has mutations that crippled him

...and so what, stevenson is gonna develop the ability to access Jotunheym?(just guessing) "small amounts of light began swirling around his peripheral vision in a wash of mixing colors that a poetic Asgard had once referred to as 'the rainbow bridge.'", "as his body crackled with what looked like rainbow-colored electricity".

oh yea aer'ki you could write an article in your wiki that lists and describes all known dimensions
            Last edited by NIMBUS; 30 August 2010, 08:57 AM.
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Is he by any chance creating a combine super portal?
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                EDIT: Well my entire post is irrelevant now since i looked up in the wiki and it more or less answered my questions. but i still would like to see the seed species being assimilated in some form (would bring the legacy project full circle)
                I have bengun to use the wiki to help refresh my memory. There is alot going on in this fic and it can be difficult to keep up

Ok I just read the first chapter, and really? A 1/3rd of the chpater devolted to Ancient toliets and showers? The rest was find but do we really need to know that?
                Last edited by bradly08; 30 August 2010, 04:10 PM.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                  I have bengun to use the wiki to help refresh my memory. There is alot going on in this fic and it can be difficult to keep up

Ok I just read the first chapter, and really? A 1/3rd of the chpater devolted to Ancient toliets and showers? The rest was find but do we really need to know that?
                  yea i thought it was going a bit too in depth. saying what it was and how it cleaned him should of taken a sentence or 2 at most. i was hoping for more dialogue about him and the obstacles he faces to become a lantean.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well ... people always complained about never seeing the ancient's version of toilets or bathrooms(except for that scene with mckay in a jacuzzi).

How far does he have to run again? I can't remember which episode it was said in.
                    Last edited by asdfgh; 30 August 2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

the toilet thing would be fine if it was a one-shot or if it didn't go into so much detail.
                      http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
                        the toilet thing would be fine if it was a one-shot or if it didn't go into so much detail.
                        It went into far too much detail. I would have been hapy if it was never mentioned.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

It went into far too much detail. I would have been hapy if it was never mentioned.
                          Agreed, for the first part. But did you even wondered how they did it on Atlantis?
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                            Agreed, for the first part. But did you even wondered how they did it on Atlantis?
                            nope not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfgh View Post
                              Well ... people always complained about never seeing the ancient's version of toilets or bathrooms(except for that scene with mckay in a jacuzzi).

How far does he have to run again? I can't remember which episode it was said in.
                              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

nope not at all.
                                At least it was an original and well thought idea.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X