No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala is still alive in a very acceptable way, I'd like to see how it plays out.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

frankly, i hated this episode. i have devoured every other story, every sentence, but this whole sg-1 thing really makes me loose interest. I know im being rough, but you take us to a story of empires being built, and the forging of wars and cities and a new age, but then we just sit back to the usual sg-1 arc, goa uld trying to take over, sg1 stops them, surprise, end of the episode.

its like what happens to people in doctor who, they get shown this fantastic world and the whole of creation for a wild ride, then get thrown back to their daily lives.

but still, i have to commend you for any episode, the writing is so in depth and full, im in awe of your writing

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
        frankly, i hated this episode. i have devoured every other story, every sentence, but this whole sg-1 thing really makes me loose interest. I know im being rough, but you take us to a story of empires being built, and the forging of wars and cities and a new age, but then we just sit back to the usual sg-1 arc, goa uld trying to take over, sg1 stops them, surprise, end of the episode.

its like what happens to people in doctor who, they get shown this fantastic world and the whole of creation for a wild ride, then get thrown back to their daily lives.

but still, i have to commend you for any episode, the writing is so in depth and full, im in awe of your writing
        Someone had to die why not let it be red shirted Jen , and the way he broght back Vala was good

Comment

Interesting enough chapter. Very dissapointed that you skiped over Teal'c and bra'taks talk, especially considering it ended with teal'c becoming first prime. I'm also gland that you didnt kill of Vala, This goa'uld who toke over her seems to be very interesting and hopefully we will see more of him/her.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

well vala was brought back in a cool way, totally didn't expect that...
            ... from they way some bits of the chapter were written, it seams that the next episodes will take place in the future (we are gonna skip a few months), and probably in the best bits of it
            ...and striker7770, as i already said future episodes will be more epic, at least they should be. these last 2 epps (1st of this season and the last 10 chapters of the last one) imo were meant to get everyone (the characters that we all love and want to see) in place so that they would be involved in the events that we are going to read about and be generally relevant.
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Very nice chapter.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                well vala was brought back in a cool way, totally didn't expect that...
                ... from they way some bits of the chapter were written, it seams that the next episodes will take place in the future (we are gonna skip a few months), and probably in the best bits of it
                ...and striker7770, as i already said future episodes will be more epic, at least they should be. these last 2 epps (1st of this season and the last 10 chapters of the last one) imo were meant to get everyone (the characters that we all love and want to see) in place so that they would be involved in the events that we are going to read about and be generally relevant.
                Well hopefully With this epicness coming up things will pick up as the past few episodes have been prety slow. Also I really hope that during this crazyness thay Aer'ki doesn't forget about character moments.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Green Aerki, i like your series so much.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08
                    Well hopefully With this epicness coming up things will pick up as the past few episodes have been prety slow.
                    erm i'm not sure about the epicness, i was just speculating and trying to improve my future-telling skills with a practical exercise
                    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                      erm i'm not sure about the epicness, i was just speculating and trying to improve my future-telling skills with a practical exercise
                      Well It appears the Wraith are scouting Atlantis so we may have a massive battle coming up

Comment

new episode up ppl!!! The Siege begins...

Comment

Oh bloody hell... that's going to be some battle...
                          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I've been waiting for this for a while.

This episode has some very deep scientific thought here. I really like the discussion between Ryan and Matt here.

I think a biogenic superweapon is heading for that Wraith armada.

Comment

...so wraith can grow breasts by feeding on women exclusively, intriguing!

cool chapter and aer'ki, congrats on finding an awesome way of making wraith more scary ('alterraith' ) ... prediction - wraith will prob get their hands on a few lanteans, they might just be 'clumsy' enough to get captured (i nominate lorne ), or they have few 'wraithgard' scientists, but that wouldn't be as fun.

oh and tell me if i got it right - if wraith would be 'changed' to be able to survive on regular food they would devolve into those bug-like creatures?

Comment

I don't think it's as clear-cut as that with the Wraith.

But we are moving in the right direction into getting deeper into the mysteries of their history, their physiology, and their culture.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't Stevenson had taken steps to prevent the Wraith from being able to feed on them?

If they were concerned about the Wraith gaining more abilities, then shouldn't they have worked on a better immunity to the Wraith feeding?
                                Last edited by ussrelativity; 10 August 2010, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X