No announcement yet.

Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be a pedant, but has anyone noticed that the new SGC is in Eygpt... you know... where the pyramids are...? Where Ra was... I'm almost expecting the pyramids to open up a la Transformers 2 at some point, it could even be another Dakara Device.

and of course the SGC could have missed it, they've missed everything else happening on Earth.
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      Just to be a pedant, but has anyone noticed that the new SGC is in Eygpt... you know... where the pyramids are...? Where Ra was... I'm almost expecting the pyramids to open up a la Transformers 2 at some point, it could even be another Dakara Device.

and of course the SGC could have missed it, they've missed everything else happening on Earth.
      but that is where the gould found us so going full circle should that not be the place were the trust tries to take us back over?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
        but that is where the gould found us so going full circle should that not be the place were the trust tries to take us back over?
        That's my point. and for some reason SGC isn't noticing it. Why put it in Egypt? It's not some central area where all nations, especially the US which are the ones giving the most funding, can easily reach it. Also the middle east (i consider Egypt to be a part of that as it's the general area) isn't the most stable region. I'm surprised Hammond and Landry haven't figured that out.
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

That's my point. and for some reason SGC isn't noticing it. Why put it in Egypt? It's not some central area where all nations, especially the US which are the ones giving the most funding, can easily reach it. Also the middle east (i consider Egypt to be a part of that as it's the general area) isn't the most stable region. I'm surprised Hammond and Landry haven't figured that out.
          Maybe foreshowding let us post about it so he can get ideas (or change the story to keep us guessing) not all writers can pump out chapters like you can. Not a diss at all plz know this. As I have siad before I wish I could/can write like you people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns View Post
            Maybe foreshowding let us post about it so he can get ideas (or change the story to keep us guessing) not all writers can pump out chapters like you can. Not a diss at all plz know this. As I have siad before I wish I could/can write like you people do.
            pumping out chapters doesn't have to do with the planning. technically i write in spurts, 3-4 episodes, then just edit for awhile and post slowly so i can be sure it's all flowing and the quality i want ti to be.

I mention it because if its meant to be foreshadowing, it's pretty obvious (to me at least). I wonder if it could be something else, but it's hard to see,

At least i think I was right about the IOA being infiltrated like Kinsey and the others were. It might even BE Kinsey just to give Jack a nemesis again. That might explain why the chinese would be willing to work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
              Would be a bit strange, since the Alesians and Alterra are so different. They'd definitely clash lol. Yeah, that'd be weird.
              hmm..unsure how to compare/contrast them the best

know they both believe in more aggressive fighting of enemies
              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I read the first few chapters of this story, but was unable to continue for lack of sleep. I will continue to read heh, but Aragon is far better at outputting chapters than I am. I put one out a week or a month. I really should get back to one a week though. Been lazy as hell and ideas have been slow from generals to specifics.

A crossover between Golden Dawn and ROTA......I will read more of ROTA and see if any ideas do not come to mind Be wierd to see Amann and Stevenson meet.

Just to give a general inlay of Alesians. They are an offshoot race of Ancients who strongly disagreed with the Lantean Council and Amann and his 50,000 followers were exiled to a isolated world on the edge of the galaxy called Alesia. For 22,000 years, they forged an empire to the present day and that is when my Golden Dawn story takes place in our time. The Alesians evolved into a highly nationalistic, militaristic, and evolved people. They are much like Rome in it's heydey with military practices, grand cities and culture, and even the arrogance that they despised the Lanteans for. Hypocrites for sure, but the point is Alesians are not perfect and I try to make my characters flawed.
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                  I read the first few chapters of this story, but was unable to continue for lack of sleep. I will continue to read heh, but Aragon is far better at outputting chapters than I am. I put one out a week or a month. I really should get back to one a week though. Been lazy as hell and ideas have been slow from generals to specifics.

A crossover between Golden Dawn and ROTA......I will read more of ROTA and see if any ideas do not come to mind Be wierd to see Amann and Stevenson meet.

Just to give a general inlay of Alesians. They are an offshoot race of Ancients who strongly disagreed with the Lantean Council and Amann and his 50,000 followers were exiled to a isolated world on the edge of the galaxy called Alesia. For 22,000 years, they forged an empire to the present day and that is when my Golden Dawn story takes place in our time. The Alesians evolved into a highly nationalistic, militaristic, and evolved people. They are much like Rome in it's heydey with military practices, grand cities and culture, and even the arrogance that they despised the Lanteans for. Hypocrites for sure, but the point is Alesians are not perfect and I try to make my characters flawed.
                  Hmm... the Alesians sound quite a bit like teh Olim Even the "Romanesque" feel! Than again the Olim have a completely different origin story so i'm not worried about similarities I may have to give Golden Dawn a closer inspection

as far as outputting chapters,
                  Spoiler:
                  it's technically untrue that i'm actually writing them at this speed. i like to have a buffer of releases so should my muse go down, right now i can release stuff nonstop for another 2 weeks if need be. Technically speaking i've been trying to finish Episode 25 of DF for almost 2 weeks but have been lazy and focused on RL and other things I'll likely get back into the habit by the end of hte week and finish 25 without anyone being the wiser that i already have the webisodes and 24 ready to go now then again i'm constantly tweaking and making little edits so it works out quite well for me. In my "breaks" i'll usually write 3-4 episodes, get them betaed, and then as i release them, write 2-3 more before actually taking a break

Comment

Hmm... the Alesians sound quite a bit like teh Olim Even the "Romanesque" feel! Than again the Olim have a completely different origin story so i'm not worried about similarities I may have to give Golden Dawn a closer inspection

as far as outputting chapters,
                    Spoiler:
                    it's technically untrue that i'm actually writing them at this speed. i like to have a buffer of releases so should my muse go down, right now i can release stuff nonstop for another 2 weeks if need be. Technically speaking i've been trying to finish Episode 25 of DF for almost 2 weeks but have been lazy and focused on RL and other things I'll likely get back into the habit by the end of hte week and finish 25 without anyone being the wiser that i already have the webisodes and 24 ready to go now then again i'm constantly tweaking and making little edits so it works out quite well for me. In my "breaks" i'll usually write 3-4 episodes, get them betaed, and then as i release them, write 2-3 more before actually taking a break
                    Everyone ultimately takes some ideas from everyone else, consider it a tribute
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      True enough, although i was unaware! I WAS UNAWARE!

Comment

The Alesians been in the planning for nearly 2 years before I started writing Golden Dawn They were originally the race I always RPed as. As the Forum Updates, but the race evolved into a story

Although many of my story telling really came from various scifi, including Babylon 5 Especially with overlapping story arcs.
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                          The Alesians been in the planning for nearly 2 years before I started writing Golden Dawn They were originally the race I always RPed as. As the Forum Updates, but the race evolved into a story

Although many of my story telling really came from various scifi, including Babylon 5 Especially with overlapping story arcs.
                          Very true about Babylon 5, loved it, though Delenn annoyed me most of hte time, it had amazing characters that always managed to entertain even as the world was falling down around them

Marcus: "There's a saying among the Rangers, that when Ranger One says something, the way to understand it is to hang upside down for three hours meditating in a mirror."
                          Ivanova (I think): "Does it work?"
                          Marcus: "Oh, yes. Or you pass out and have a vision, which amounts to the same thing."

---------------

Marcus, looking for answers to a question, has just won a bar brawl. "Oh, great, now I have to wait for one of them to wake up."

-------------

Londo: "And now I have to go back to the Council and explain to them that in the interest of peace the Centauri government will agree to give quadrant 37 to the Narns. I think I will stick my head in the station's fusion reactor. It would be quicker. And I suspect, after a while I might even come to enjoy it. But this -- this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by .. what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack' .."
                          Vir: "Cats!"
                          Londo: "Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."
                          Lines like that are so memorable and make it worth watching over and over. My absolute favorites have to be Ivanova and Marcus though.

Ivanova: "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! Babylon control out... Civilians." [Looks at ceiling.] "Just kidding about that God part. No offense."

-------------

Ivanova: "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions!"

Lt. Corwin: "Well, there goes my faith in the Almighty."

--------

Marcus: "It's leaving. My guess is 'zog' means no."

Ivanova:"Like hell. I am not letting them leave without saying 'yes'."

Marcus: "Really? And how do you propose stopping them? Perhaps a big red and white sign with the word 'stop' on it? I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Boojie."

Ivanova: "That's it!"

Marcus: "Fine, I'll get a bucket."
                          I loved how the episode in the first season, with B4 appearing in the time rift, had a HUGE role in a two part episode in season 3, and even more, was central to the backstory. What seemed to be an unimportant filler episode turned out so awesome Bab5 has a stupendous mix of memorable and indentifiable characters as well as a relatively deep arc based storyline. I still rewatch it every now and again

Comment

So if i have someone with lots of ancient party tricks, that'd be .... stealing?

What about the sarcastic military leader, or the really brainy scientist?

i have to make sure now!
                            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                              So if i have someone with lots of ancient party tricks, that'd be .... stealing?

What about the sarcastic military leader, or the really brainy scientist?

i have to make sure now!
                              HT has a really brainy scientist? THIS i have not heard from you!

Or do you have the formerly ascended farting gas giants? (told you i'd use that somewhere)

Seriously though, i think it's less about the cliches and more about the dimensions you give to the story, does it interest on all levels instead of just a curiosity one?

Comment

Or do you have the formerly ascended farting gas giants? (told you i'd use that somewhere)
                                Nicely played my friend, nicely played

Seriously though, i think it's less about the cliches and more about the dimensions you give to the story, does it interest on all levels instead of just a curiosity one?
                                hmm. Valid point.

Hope we all don't have to suddenly make Power Point presentations on "what sort of levels out fan fictions work on".

Can't they just be 'fun'?
                                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X