Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before, but it is one of my absolute favorites

Jonathon Carter by cookiemonster01 - Heroes' AU, future. Fifteen years ago the love of Jack O'Neill's life died in combat. Heartbroken, he retires and disapears, taking up the alternate name of 'Jonathon Carter' and a teaching post far away from his previous life.

It's listed as a drama/tragedy, so it's a little sad but in it's own way it has a happy ending and it is extremely well written.
    sigpic
    Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

hey--if you all are interested, there has been a friendly little competition going on here on Gateworld.

Click the link here to read some funky little fics and then vote!

Have fun!

FanFic Competition
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The first round of the Fan Fic competition is now closed, and we're off for round two here So sharpen up your typing skills and please join in
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

There's a pretty good Makepeace story, called 'Return of Robert Makepeace", in the Jackfic website.

Comment

Dust of the Stars by Bryan0711
            -A nice SG-1/nBSG X-over that takes place in early Season 4 for SG-1 and pre-series of nBSG. Has a prequel called From Glory to Ash which shows off the first shots of the Colonial/Cylon War.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
              Just dropping off a new fic I've published onto FF.net in case anyone is interested.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/1/Going_Under
              This is looking like a great story. It's unfinished...fair warning. Just chapter 1 is up.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I've just finished reading some of the entries in the FanFic comp, and i was wondering with all the fantastic writers here, why there are not more entering. Anyway there are two there that really stand out.

Pegasus’s Problem Pertaining to Pants

The Last Morning

Both of these are well worth your time to read, no more than five minutes or so

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...on-Round-Two-D

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

I haven't read all that many, but one I am reading is Garrowan 5th's Stargate Atlantis Allies, very well done, a lot of action and with a twist of myth involved
                  Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Can anyone recommend any good fics which feature either Sam or Jack's families? eg Mark Carter or some random relative of Jack's? I've done a search on ff.net and have read quite a few but am looknig for sometihng new or with a fresh take on things. Thanks!

Comment

An oldie but a goodie for me is always Eve8's Blame it on the Tinsel.

One of my favorites.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

An oldie but a goodie for me is always Eve8's Blame it on the Tinsel.

One of my favorites.
                        I was going to suggest this one--but my kids' school called and I had to go get a sicky. . .so Pol beat me to it! But I really like this one. The one that got me into fanfic, in fact. Very enjoyable!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I was going to suggest this one--but my kids' school called and I had to go get a sicky. . .so Pol beat me to it! But I really like this one. The one that got me into fanfic, in fact. Very enjoyable!
                          Thanks guys! I do love this one - read it many a time.... maybe I should just go read it again

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            Thanks guys! I do love this one - read it many a time.... maybe I should just go read it again
                            That is, without a doubt, always a good idea! Find a good story, read it, find more good stories, read them, go back and start reading them over again, and continue to repeat (while adding more stories along the way, of course) - after all we don't just watch our favorite episodes once
                            sigpic

sig by me

Comment

That is, without a doubt, always a good idea! Find a good story, read it, find more good stories, read them, go back and start reading them over again, and continue to repeat (while adding more stories along the way, of course) - after all we don't just watch our favorite episodes once
                              Good fanfic is like shampoo: Read, Squee, Repeat. . .
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Good fanfic is like shampoo: Read, Squee, Repeat. . .
                                sigpic

sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X