X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    Ah this made me laugh quite a bit Love it
    This was the funniest thing I have ever read. Thanks dragonrider, for rec'ing it, and Aragon for doing so again (since I missed dragonrider's initial post).
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      This was the funniest thing I have ever read. Thanks dragonrider, for rec'ing it, and Aragon for doing so again (since I missed dragonrider's initial post).
      you are both welcome

By the same author: Morning Rituals and The Dangerous Calm
      sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Sam versus Jack's toaster. Home Economics by Little Red

Edit: I forgot to mention the above was S/J. yeah, I know, I'm not much of a shipper, but this one is the sort of fluff I can handle. sam and jack as real people, learning to live with (and love) real quirks about one another, and not this perfect happy ever after only seen in Disnified fairy tales.
        Last edited by iamdragonrider; 20 February 2010, 09:27 AM.
        sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          i would like to recommend Garrowan5th and PuddlejumperOz Stargate Atlantis Allies the link is under PJs sig, ive been reading this for a while and its extremely well written, meaning lots of action and your favourite characters, that stop true to form and some new ones that are very well thought out, and also a new awesome enemy, they have worked very hard on this and i believe it deserves more attention, so please guys, go take a look..thankyou
          I have to totally agree with Pookey, it's one of the best action Fics on the Forum, more than worth a glance, give it a read, you will enjoy it

Comment

The Wicked Shall be Vanquished by SB user F-302 Pilot
            Last edited by Col. Shadow Quinn; 27 February 2010, 05:06 PM.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
              Is this your fic? Not bad. Though i do question why Phoenix is at Asuras instead of Apollo. Apollo was only 4-6 months out of the barn at that point if i recall.

Is it just going to be on that forum? Is it being posted on a fanfic site somewhere?
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                Is this your fic? Not bad. Though i do question why Phoenix is at Asuras instead of Apollo. Apollo was only 4-6 months out of the barn at that point if i recall.

Is it just going to be on that forum? Is it being posted on a fanfic site somewhere?
                It isn't mine as I can't write my way out of a paper bag. It is only on that forum as far as I know. In the fic, the Russians never got a ship making the 3rd 304 the Apollo which was destroyed at P3Y-229.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Hey, guys, I just wanted to share some SG-1 teamy goodness. Short and sweet.

The days of our lives

Also, for Daniel's fans out there:

Cultural Drift

It has a bit of S/J ship in the background, bit it's only the background; sort of a catalyst for Daniel's character study.

Sorry if it's been recced before, I haven't read through the thread.

EDIT: I forgot to add sense of. It's Janet centred, as she tries to help Sam and Jack who were traumatised on a mission. No ship whatsoever. Also, not a happy fic.
                  Last edited by Petra; 08 March 2010, 03:29 AM.
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I would like to recommend DONT START A STORY unless your are going to finish it PLEASE! there are so many great stories that were started in SGA, like naming fate, I loved to read stories loner then 5 chapters and that really stayed close to the charactors as possible not to mention what life is like on a hive/planet/ship. There are a lot of creative poeple out there that could put harry pottor series to shame.

Comment

Er...are you addressing the writers or the readers?

Speaking as a writer...writing is work. Seriously hard work. Good writing, that is! If you're concerned about whether a story is finished, check to see if it's been marked "completed," or failing that, just pop to the end and check the bottom of the last chapter.

Don't get sucked into a WIP (Work In Progress) if you don't like to wait.

Unless you've tried it, and I mean really tried to sit down and write prose that flow, are in character, have little or (ideally) no grammatical errors, and best of all convey that initial "what if" idea that you had, please don't cast stones.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        Er...are you addressing the writers or the readers?

Speaking as a writer...writing is work. Seriously hard work. Good writing, that is! If you're concerned about whether a story is finished, check to see if it's been marked "completed," or failing that, just pop to the end and check the bottom of the last chapter.

Don't get sucked into a WIP (Work In Progress) if you don't like to wait.

Unless you've tried it, and I mean really tried to sit down and write prose that flow, are in character, have little or (ideally) no grammatical errors, and best of all convey that initial "what if" idea that you had, please don't cast stones.

Well said.

If you don't like to take the chance of getting sucked into a WIP fic that may never be finished, just don't read them.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

THis isn't an SG fanfic, but it is well worth mentioning.
                          Tood's rendition of Star Wars, featuring dozens of posters and Mods alike. LAugh outloud funny, and with more links to a fully prepared version if the reader banter isn't for you
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...ht=Garrowan5th
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Here are some great crossovers I found:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3876464/...ng_the_Balance

and

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2938558/...ate_Thirdspace

The first one is completed and makes for a very funny read. It's a crossover between a series of books named
                            `WorldWar`, neoBSG and stargate. The second one is still WIP, but worth it. It's a B5/SG crossover.

Comment

I know this is going to sound biased, but I'm plugging PJOZ's the Captives 2010 version. If you like SG1 and want to see how it might have continued, this is it. I just read the last chapter of Episode Two, and it was like watching the show. Give a look, you won't be disappointed

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

I agree with the above. I have already recommended Captives in its original foqmat. It's even better now it's been redone. Gripping, exciting and with indepth, actual military knowledge, as well asfully designed ships and vehicles added to the SG favs.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X