No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the one thing about having a set of characters you love , I've come across some well written stuff that makes the characters suffer so much I stop reading- I'm a real wuss sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by NellieOleson View Post
      Thanks.

Yep, that's me.
      I really enjoyed your story In Doorways and Dreams, I Run to You. Awesome stuff! I patiently await a conclusion

Comment

If there is one thing I've learned this summer while working on the Sam and Jack awards committee, it's that you miss a lot of great fic if you limit yourself to only certain categories! Great Alternate Reality fic I read today...

Waves are Universal by openended.
        Author's summary: Alternate realities are old news for SG-1. So is time travel. But when half of the team steps onto an Earth that's not only not theirs, but thirty years in the future, old news suddenly means not fully informed. With that Earth all but destroyed by an enemy more devastating than they've ever imagined, hope lies within a young scientist who simply wants to forget. They say there's no place like home. But between battling aliens, memories, tomatoes, math that just won't make sense, and the occasional zombie...will they ever get there? Or will they find a way to make this scorched Earth their home?

I was totally sucked into the story and was pleasantly surprised by the well-written original characters.
        sigpic

----------
        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          And that's exactly why I don't want to read it. I really do have a hard time reading stuff like that.
          i didn't read the wedding either!

ring scene in 'affinity' = angst.
          s/p scenes in 'chimera' = torture.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
            If there is one thing I've learned this summer while working on the Sam and Jack awards committee, it's that you miss a lot of great fic if you limit yourself to only certain categories! Great Alternate Reality fic I read today...

Waves are Universal by openended.
            Author's summary: Alternate realities are old news for SG-1. So is time travel. But when half of the team steps onto an Earth that's not only not theirs, but thirty years in the future, old news suddenly means not fully informed. With that Earth all but destroyed by an enemy more devastating than they've ever imagined, hope lies within a young scientist who simply wants to forget. They say there's no place like home. But between battling aliens, memories, tomatoes, math that just won't make sense, and the occasional zombie...will they ever get there? Or will they find a way to make this scorched Earth their home?

I was totally sucked into the story and was pleasantly surprised by the well-written original characters.
            I love that story - it's so good. It's definitely on my favorites list.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the fic where Sam comes back from Atlantis with a baby and doesn't know who the father is...thankfully it turns out to be Jacks...but Jack is not happy coz he thinks the baby is not his.
              Cheers.

Found it!!
              What on Earth
              http://https://www.fanfiction.net/s/.../What-On-Earth
              Last edited by Chelle DB; 29 August 2014, 07:32 AM.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                I really enjoyed your story In Doorways and Dreams, I Run to You. Awesome stuff! I patiently await a conclusion
                I finally finished that one.

It's up on AO3.

Comment

I just finished reading what I thought was a great apocafic (world in upheaval due to massive earthquakes around the world), and how the survivors survived.

"Phoenix" by openended

http://archiveofourown.org/works/462028/chapters/796600
                  Last edited by hedwig; 29 August 2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I just finished reading what I thought was a great apocafic (world in upheaval due to massive earthquakes around the world), and how the survivors survived.
                    "Phoenix" by openended
                    http://archiveofourown.org/works/462028/chapters/796600
                    That was good considering I really don't like apocofics.
                    I was wondering if anyone recalls a fic where Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c are trapped on a planet and the three guys share Sam and they have kids and then later they are able to return to earth but not until after Teal'c has died after his symbiote had matured.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      I was wondering if anyone recalls a fic where Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c are trapped on a planet and the three guys share Sam and they have kids and then later they are able to return to earth but not until after Teal'c has died after his symbiote had matured.
                      No sorry. I would never read it! *shivers*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

That fic came up in this Thread before and it wasn't that long ago! I remember cause somebody found it and posted the link and I read it - but I don't remember the title. But if you move back in this thread you should find it!
                        sigpic

Comment

I know this fic, I just can't remember where to find it. Give me a little time to look for it.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
                            That fic came up in this Thread before and it wasn't that long ago! I remember cause somebody found it and posted the link and I read it - but I don't remember the title. But if you move back in this thread you should find it!
                            I went back to April and the only mention of it was when I asked about this fic and another, back in June, and while one was found, this one wasn't.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I found it or at least I think I found it last time it was mentioned but then couldn't find who asked for it so I left the details on the fic rec thread. I'm on a tablet so I can't link it here. It was called Family by Eliza. I'm about 90% sure that's it

Comment

--The second one is about SG1 getting stuck on a planet with no hope of returning home so Sam and Jack start a relationship but then Daniel and Teal'c feel left out - in the end Sam has a schedule made up to be with each man and she has kids to all three - not exactly top reading material but I cannot for the life of me find it.
                                Cheers.
                                It's "Family" by Eliza, just like cyced said.
                                (It's stored in a Jack/Daniel fic archive which probably explains why it was hard to find.)

Comment

Working...
                                X