Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siles View Post
    I'm looking for an older S/J fic. In this fic Sam gets pregnant by Jack, but to protect him she resigns and moves away. She has the baby (a boy) and than she marries another guy. Anyway the story really begins a couple of years later when Sam and Jack's son has leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant, so SAm reaches out to Jack to see if he's compatible. So the relationship rekindles first with friendship, than with an affair. Meanwhile we see Sam's husband is abusive. Anyway does anyone know the name of the fic, maybe even a link?
    It sounds familiar but it contains a huge pet peeve for me so I doubt I saved it.
    Anyway Sam had also a daughter with her husband.

Edit: I think the title was "The best I ever had" by..uhm Noda maybe? I didn't check it out. The title just came to my mind.
    Last edited by XFchemist; 23 August 2014, 01:13 AM.
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
      Does Jack end up moving (or getting an appartment) in whatever city sam's in and demands to see the boy or something?

This story sure rings a bell but I can't for the life of me remember who wrote it.
      Yes he does and Sam also has a little daughter with her husband.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
        I'm looking for an older S/J fic. In this fic Sam gets pregnant by Jack, but to protect him she resigns and moves away. She has the baby (a boy) and than she marries another guy. Anyway the story really begins a couple of years later when Sam and Jack's son has leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant, so SAm reaches out to Jack to see if he's compatible. So the relationship rekindles first with friendship, than with an affair. Meanwhile we see Sam's husband is abusive. Anyway does anyone know the name of the fic, maybe even a link?
        I'm pretty sure it's The Best I Ever Had by Noda2. It's not leukemia, though, but some blood disease. (I found it once I started searching for "bone marrow" instead of "leukemia")

It's been a long time since I read it, though, so don't really remember if it was a good story or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazmuko View Post
          I'm pretty sure it's The Best I Ever Had by Noda2. It's not leukemia, though, but some blood disease. (I found it once I started searching for "bone marrow" instead of "leukemia")

It's been a long time since I read it, though, so don't really remember if it was a good story or not.
          That's it. Thank you very much

Comment

Quick question for you all: could anyone give us a short review (like, one sentence) on Mindless by Sasha713? On the Sam & Jack Multimedia Awards blog we're doing posts about all the nominated pieces with reviews from fans, but since this is a reupload from a story that was lost when Always&Forever went down there aren't any...

Thanks in advance!

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
              Just read an amazing story, AU post-Threads, by Sally Reeve The Dreams We Left Behind
              I highly rec this fic.
              Loved this!

Comment

Just read an amazing story, AU post-Threads, by Sally Reeve The Dreams We Left Behind
                I highly rec this fic.
                Yes! I just spent half the day reading this and it's simply amazing. I loved how believable it was somehow. Heartbreaking and sad at times but still hopeful all the way through and yeah... *happy shipper sigh*

I just really liked this story.

Comment

I highly rec this fic.
                  Wasn't going to read this story as Sam being married to Pete doesn't appeal to me..however due to all the comments here I decided to take a look at it..couldn't put it down, brilliantly written and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
                    Wasn't going to read this story as Sam being married to Pete doesn't appeal to me..however due to all the comments here I decided to take a look at it..couldn't put it down, brilliantly written and thoroughly enjoyed it.
                    I skipped past the first two chapters and read the rest of the story. I really did not want to read about Sam's wedding and them being married, even though there is some interaction between Sam and Pete in the following chapters, they didn't bother me as much.

Comment

Actually the wedding scene was quite poignant. It was painful, but really well done.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        Actually the wedding scene was quite poignant. It was painful, but really well done.
                        +1

It's worth reading the beginning.

Comment

Welcome to the site Nellie! Are you the author on AO3 by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                            Welcome to the site Nellie! Are you the author on AO3 by any chance?
                            Thanks.

Yep, that's me.

Comment

Nice to see you on the site!

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post

And that's exactly why I don't want to read it. I really do have a hard time reading stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X