No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather I didn't know that an author writes RPF. Maybe it shouldn't but it really puts me off the rest of the author's work, however good it may be (and, yeah, I did the same thing as Fems, I didn't expect anyone to write something like that!)

Amara knows I sometimes like my fic on the blue side but my stomach can't take RPF, especially when it involves married people and their kids! So many levels of wrong right there IMO.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I didn't even know RPF was a thing until I read about it in this forum. Now I know what it is, I can avoid it. It's fiction. To me, that means the characters should be fictional.

Comment

I agree...I'm reading for the fiction, if I wanted to read the tabloids, I would. I just don't get it.
        sigpic

----------
        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          The title of missparker85's fic is "Meanwhile, The World Goes On" and it's on ff.net under missparker85
          It has Alan and Olivia in it too. It's a no go zone for me.
          I read it just to see what's being talked about. It made me want to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I'm trying to remember the title of a fic I read some time ago. It is M rated. I think it was on AO3.
            Sam and Jack spend some time together at the cabin but before leaving they have a huge fight. A misunderstanding about how to handle their relationship and their careers. So they go to separate ways. They meet again when Sam comes back from Atlantis cuz they want to buy the same house. It's super angsty.
            Nobody?
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Nobody?
              Kind of? I have completely read this fic before but unfortnately I have no idea who wrote it or the title or any other distinguishing characteristics

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                I didn't even know RPF was a thing until I read about it in this forum. Now I know what it is, I can avoid it. It's fiction. To me, that means the characters should be fictional.
                I've never heard of RPF either, don't even know or want to know what it actually means. Can't understand why anyone would want to read it. But that's just my opinion, each to their own

Comment

Nobody?

Could it be this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                    Could it be this one?
                    Nope. Mine starts after Threads.
                    Thanks for trying though.
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

For those interested, we've just uploaded a new interview with one of our nominees on the blog. This week it's missparker, who has 4 nominations so far.

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

looking for stuff to read...anyone have suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                          looking for stuff to read...anyone have suggestions?
                          Have you taken a look at our list of nominees? They're all nicely sorted in categories
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

About RPF--When I first started writing fanfic, it was really discouraged within the community. I suppose if you're a fan of the actor, you might want to insert your own ideas into their lives, but I still wouldn't do it. It seems too much like breaking the fourth wall. This is fantasy--fiction--not real. I wouldn't dream of bringing a real person and their families into my own little dream world. It just seems kind of icky to me.

Sadly, I didn't get to go to Comicon--I'm completely disappointed. I ended up spending the entire day getting my son ready for scout camp and meeting with clients. Someday, I'll make it, though. A friend who did go got me a very blurry picture of RDA signing autographs. I still can't decide if that was a kind gesture or just her way of rubbing my nose in it and saying "Neener-neener!" Ha ha.

and forever, by the way.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              Have you taken a look at our list of nominees? They're all nicely sorted in categories
                              Haha, thanks! I've read most of them! and reread most of them

Comment

A cute WIP Point of View tag Control

Short fic following events of 'Point of View'. Sam/Jack (obviously). That kiss had felt good, there was no denying that, but it also felt wrong too. Jack needs to do a control experiment to check exactly what made it feel right.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X