No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate Times by Heaven In A Wild Flower has been nominated (and said nom was accepted by the author) for a Sam and Jack Multimedia Award 2014 in the category 'Best Hurt/Comfort'.

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This comes from another thread, but it fit here so I'm jumping.

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
      I tend to skip pregnancy/baby fics in every case for that reason. I read a few and they always either felt OOC to me (though I know that's entirely a subjective view depending on the reader) or handled the issue in a very cliché way by being either overly romantic and fluffy or comepletely ridiculous.
      All the fic authors always seem to be under the impression that a baby is THE ultimate fulfillment for every relationship (and woman). They never touch the struggles that come with it; how it's basically a 180 of your own life, that of your partner and can have a huge (sometimes even negative!) impact on your relationship as well.

And especially in the case of Sam and Jack, I think, that they would plan very carefully about a child. And if it did happen by accident, there would most possibly be some severe issues, and not everythng would be fluffy coulds and rainbows. But as I said, that touches the OOC-category again, and I know different readers have different character ideas, so some might like it.

I would really love to see a baby fic that follows Sam and Jack beyond giving birth, showing that Sam can still be a kickass soldier afterwards. Like Teyla in Atlantis... I very much liked that representation, and I like to believe that this would be Sam and Jack's handling of the matter.

Anybody know a good story like that for Sam and Jack?
      Pregnancy and/or kid fics that I think got it (at least mostly) right (and real):

Turn and Face the Strain (Series) by NellieOleson
      Doppelganger and Terms of Endearment by SqueeG-1
      Reclaiming Carter by Soleya
      Beyond Entrapment by Fems
      Cauterized People by ALC Punk
      Beauty and Nothing More (Series) by Miss Parker

(And if they didn't get it quite right or very real, they at least got it enjoyable - from my perspective, anyway.)
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I like the first 2 parts of Beauty and Nothing More Series but then IMHO it gets worse and creepier and I refused to read the last part cuz the plot seems a borderline incest!
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          I like the first 2 parts of Beauty and Nothing More Series but then IMHO it gets worse and creepier and I refused to read the last part cuz the plot seems a borderline incest!
          That story does get harder to read as people unravel. But having read the final part, being that it's not incest and the way it's handled, while extremely uncomfortable, was still compelling. I remember trading messages with Miss Parker afterwards and feeling iike things unravelled quite a lot. It turns out that she felt like the first couple of parts (the parts I found to be so synchronous and realistic) were indicative of a relationship built on an extremely unhealthy foundation. I'm not sure I share that assessment, and felt like that last section came a bit out of left field. The series as a whole, however, remains some of my favorite work in the fandom.
          Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 09 May 2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

I didn't like the direction it took Sam. And I found it a little too confusing by the last chapter. I felt sorry for the kids and Jack and Sam. JMHO.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh, agreed! I was confused by some of the choices made by the characters and I definitely felt my heart aching for them. But sometimes a gut-punch of angst is exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Just finished reading it, really well written but so so sad- gosh she knows how to kick you in the gut

Comment

As Long as She's Smiling by ScruffyLovin has been nominated in the Best AU category of the Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards 2014!

Takes place in The Changeling firemanverse. Jack knows that everything will be okay as long as she's smiling at him. Established SJ.

Primary Emotion by Amara has been nominated in Best Angst:

After seventeen weeks of torture in a Goa'uld prison, Samantha Carter is rescued by SG-1. In the time that follows she must relearn how to relate to her team, reassess her relationships with both herself and others, and decide whether or not she'll continue to step through the Stargate. Luckily she's got the benefit of a good psychologist and the love of a great man.

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hi everyone, just a quick question:

Does anyone remember the name of a cabinfic where the team are there and Sam and Jack kiss on the porch in the rain and then Sam runs inside. Daniel catches her and asks where Jack is and she defensively snaps that she doesn't know only for Jack to then follow her in soaking wet and doing a Mr Darcy impression?

It's one of my fave fics but I'm having a complete mental block + a temp laptop with no faves saved - help!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Sorry, can't help. But the thought of Jack doing a Mr Darcy impression made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        This comes from another thread, but it fit here so I'm jumping.

Pregnancy and/or kid fics that I think got it (at least mostly) right (and real):
                        Beauty and Nothing More (Series) by Miss Parker

(And if they didn't get it quite right or very real, they at least got it enjoyable - from my perspective, anyway.)
                        I think I pretty much devoured that series when I first discovered it and was waiting with bated breath for the last installment - which was an incredibly tough read.

Her stuff is always so wonderfully written though. I found At the Edge of Nothing at All on AO3 nearly completely by accident last night, read the first chapter, and in true Miss Parker fashion she had me sucked right in.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Primary Emotion by Amara has been nominated in Best Angst:

After seventeen weeks of torture in a Goa'uld prison, Samantha Carter is rescued by SG-1. In the time that follows she must relearn how to relate to her team, reassess her relationships with both herself and others, and decide whether or not she'll continue to step through the Stargate. Luckily she's got the benefit of a good psychologist and the love of a great man.

Nice Amara! I noticed the banners and was wondering what it's all about.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                          Nice Amara! I noticed the banners and was wondering what it's all about.
                          It's a way for all the shippers to show their appreciation of fanfics, fanart and/or fanvids and the people who make them by nominating them for an award. So, go find your faves and nominate them!

EDIT:
                          I'm posting all the fic nominations here as well because I figured people might like to read these stories and perhaps suggest their own favorites and/or vote for the ones they like when voting opens.

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Sorry Fems, I just fic-bombed you with a load of nominations!

As for the fic, Jack walks in with a *very* wet t-shirt dripping all over the cabin floor with his hair sticking up... *Amber almost drowns in a puddle of her own drool* - give me Jack O'Neill over Mark Darcy any day (well, at least the BBC version. Colin Firth was cute but he's no RDA lol)

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              It's a way for all the shippers to show their appreciation of fanfics, fanart and/or fanvids and the people who make them by nominating them for an award. So, go find your faves and nominate them!

EDIT:
                              I'm posting all the fic nominations here as well because I figured people might like to read these stories and perhaps suggest their own favorites and/or vote for the ones they like when voting opens.

I will go and check it out!

Oh dear, I think I'll need to make a list...

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                              Sorry Fems, I just fic-bombed you with a load of nominations!

As for the fic, Jack walks in with a *very* wet t-shirt dripping all over the cabin floor with his hair sticking up... *Amber almost drowns in a puddle of her own drool* - give me Jack O'Neill over Mark Darcy any day (well, at least the BBC version. Colin Firth was cute but he's no RDA lol)
                              LOL! I don't know why that made me chuckle so much.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Probably because most people would say the exact opposite lol (well apart from the RDA mentalists on here like me )

Although I do love Colin Firth in Love Actually, he does play the adorable bumbling English toff so well. How to be a toff without coming across as a **** - David Cameron, take note.

Edit: on a side note, the first time I saw the British press abbreviate the PM's wife's name to "SamCam" my first thought was "what the hell are Sam Carter and Cameron Mitchell shippers doing in the newspaper?" lol

Comment

Working...
                                X