• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Yes!! Thank you!
    It's a great fic but the sequel involves

Spoiler:
    Sam being pregnant with Jack's baby. I didn't get any further than the first few lines, it's a plotline which I consider a personal pet peeve. Just giving you warning if you enjoy that type of plot then go right ahead! Lol
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Can it be Sue Corkill's Goodbye Scarecrow? There's also a sequel called There's no place like home. All rated M, so it's a link to her page.
      Love her stories.
      Thanks for the rec, don't think I read that one

Comment

Lucycat, Pol, you're welcome.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

XFChemist, thanks for the explanation.

I admit, I don't share the stories I download. In part because I don't generally see the requests until other people have responded and in part because I reformat and make changes to suit my preferences (like spellings of names). I also sometimes edit to fix grammar.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            XFChemist, thanks for the explanation.

I admit, I don't share the stories I download. In part because I don't generally see the requests until other people have responded and in part because I reformat and make changes to suit my preferences (like spellings of names). I also sometimes edit to fix grammar.
            Seaboe
            I do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I do that too.
              me too
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I can't be bothered with editing other people's work (unless I'm their beta)! Once I would start it would probably take me hours and I'd end up rewriting the whole thing...
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I don't change things either. Although I did obsessively save fic for a while. I have hundreds of megs of fic, some of them really old. and they just lurk on my harddrive.

I guess it's a good thing to be an electronic hoarder, I just kill bytes instead of trees
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have edited only one author's work, and that was only because it was a honkin' huge series, which meant LOTS of opportunities for the repeated (and INCREDIBLY annoying) grammatical error that kept occuring.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                      It's a great fic but the sequel involves

Spoiler:
                      Sam being pregnant with Jack's baby. I didn't get any further than the first few lines, it's a plotline which I consider a personal pet peeve. Just giving you warning if you enjoy that type of plot then go right ahead! Lol
                      What's the name of the sequel?

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        What's the name of the sequel?
                        The sequel's called There's no place like home. Was in my previous post.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Ah, oops. Sorry. I missed your post and only saw the pg warning.

Thanks!
                          Pol

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I do that too.
                            So do I!

I only save fic if it's so good that I know I will want to re-read it at some point. When I lose interest in a fandom, I delete most of the fic I saved, and I only leave the fic that I consider outstanding. And yeah, I can't resist the compulsion to edit things sometimes... not only spelling and names, but other things too. If a character says or thinks something that isn't important to the plot but OOC enough to jolt me out of the story, I delete it. Or, for example, a recent story I read assumed that John Sheppard's father was a colonel, which is not canon (obviously, the story was written before SGA season 4 aired). It wasn't important to the story, but it broke the immersion for me, so I went back and edited this little pece out in Word! Of course, I never share these edited versions with anyone.
                            Last edited by Raelis; 19 March 2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Generally (although not always) my editing is restricted to things I can use search and replace to fix. I delete a lot of "ands" and "buts" at the beginning of sentences, as well as a good third of the adverbs.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Personally, I don't edit people's work. In the same vein, I wouldn't like others to do the same to mine unless they're a beta.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X