Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Personally, I don't edit people's work. In the same vein, I wouldn't like others to do the same to mine unless they're a beta.
    I only "edit" stories with blatant and numerous errors. It makes it easier to read, and I don't have to bang my head against a wall in frustration over trying to read through all those errors.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I only "edit" stories with blatant and numerous errors. It makes it easier to read, and I don't have to bang my head against a wall in frustration over trying to read through all those errors.
      You have a lot of patience. I just wouldn't read the fic!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Same here!
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Most of the stories I edit are very good in terms of plot and characterization. I'm just making them easier to read, not changing either the plot or characterization. Getting rid of the annoying flies, so to speak.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Some of them have been worth it.

Comment

I edit the fics I save, but only for spelling errors and readability by which I mean font size, color and background color for increased contrast as well formatting consistency.

Several fics I've saved have inconsistent paragraph formatting, some are indented some not. There have also been instances where the entire blocks of text were center aligned that were not meant to be.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

When I bring fic over from fanfic.net to Word it sometimes centers the text, which doesn't make sense to me because it wasn't centered when I copied it. It's not big deal to "select all" and left justify, but just thought it was weird

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  When I bring fic over from fanfic.net to Word it sometimes centers the text, which doesn't make sense to me because it wasn't centered when I copied it. It's not big deal to "select all" and left justify, but just thought it was weird
                  Oh, maybe that's why I've gotten the occasional request for a copy of some of my stories via FFnet. They usually say it's such a hassle to copy everything from FFnet so I just send it to them in a PDF.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    That I understand. I use a fic downloader which does the trick for me (Flagfic.net) and it lets you choose the format of the story.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I was reading "So They Say" by Explosions of Colour" when its last posted chapter just stopped on an abrupt note. Anyone know if more chapters have ever been posted anywhere?

Comment

Some of them have been worth it.
                        I concur.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Fic rec - by AstraPerAspera:

Treading Water - With the fate of the Earth hanging in the balance, Sam is in an F-302 bound for Antarctica with not enough distractions and too many diquieting thoughts about a certain general running through her mind. Season 8. Inspired by Diana Dru Botsford's Stargate SG-1 novel "The Drift".

Comment

Fic rec - by AstraPerAspera:

Treading Water - With the fate of the Earth hanging in the balance, Sam is in an F-302 bound for Antarctica with not enough distractions and too many diquieting thoughts about a certain general running through her mind. Season 8. Inspired by Diana Dru Botsford's Stargate SG-1 novel "The Drift".
                            this is the fic i started to read, until i came to a part (very early in the fic) that referenced the book and... it made me stop, b/c then i wanted to read the book!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              this is the fic i started to read, until i came to a part (very early in the fic) that referenced the book and... it made me stop, b/c then i wanted to read the book!!
                              Read the last page and you will see someone's name that you just love
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                                Read the last page and you will see someone's name that you just love
                                last page of the book or fic?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X