No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you'll join us for Ship Day tomorow.

Art by the lovely Oma-1

Speaking of . . .

I've gotten a late start today so I'm giving everyone one more hour to send me their votes for their favorite fanfics.

If you haven't voted and you still want to send me a PM now. You don't have to vote in every category. You can pick and choose if you wish.

And for those who have voted, THANKS!

Comment

Thanks for the hard work hlndncr! You're priceless!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        Thanks for the hard work hlndncr! You're priceless!
        *blushing*

Aw, shucks!

Shipper are worth it!

*hugs shippers*

Comment

Happy Ship Day, Ship Family!!!

For the next 24 hours, the party has moved here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...on!?p=12801064

Comment

I just stumbled across a great fic, humorous, wish it was longer:

Bad Mood by Jojo6

Sam gets to dress up for a date, Jack gets jealous, and McKay's even in it.

Comment

Thought I'd list all the winners of our Favorite Fanfic Vote here in one place.

Thanks for everyone who particpated with the nominations and votes.

And congratulations to all the nominees and winners!

Keep writing wonderful S/J Fic and we'll keep reading and enjoying it!

Comment

I just stumbled across a really good team fic, with a bit of s/j. Takes place around Season 2 (I think).

It'll be Fun by Vinividivinci

Jack takes the team to a friend's cabin in the mountains for Thanksgiving. Their holiday is interrupted when Jack is seriously injured and they are taken hostage by crooks.

Comment

FYI, voting is now open until Sept. 17 for the GateFic Awards. Membership is not required. It's a huge list; fic, art and vids. If interested, probably want to get started now.

Comment

I saw Cowboys and Aliens yesterday afternoon. I was not familiar with the comic series of the same name. I wonder if Vicky Ocean was influenced by the series to create her Old West version of this delightful Sam and Jack fanfic. It's marked complete but I wish that she had developed the story further.

I suggest to read in this order:

Marshall O'Neill and Doc Carter and the Invaders Rated K+
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6646380/...d_The_Invaders

Threadbare Rated T
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4284733/1/Threadbare

Here's another Western without aliens per se...
                    Cast Your Fate to the Wind by a. loquita Rated T
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5196170/...te_to_the_Wind

BTW I'm fairly certain that both have been recommended here before but with the movie release of Cowboys and Aliens I thought you might enjoy these again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Another excellent story by vinividivinci:

Dream As If You'll Live Forever
                      Last edited by hedwig; 31 July 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                        I saw Cowboys and Aliens yesterday afternoon. I was not familiar with the comic series of the same name. I wonder if Vicky Ocean was influenced by the series to create her Old West version of this delightful Sam and Jack fanfic. It's marked complete but I wish that she had developed the story further.

I suggest to read in this order:

Marshall O'Neill and Doc Carter and the Invaders Rated K+
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6646380/...d_The_Invaders

Threadbare Rated T
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4284733/1/Threadbare

Here's another Western without aliens per se...
                        Cast Your Fate to the Wind by a. loquita Rated T
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5196170/...te_to_the_Wind

BTW I'm fairly certain that both have been recommended here before but with the movie release of Cowboys and Aliens I thought you might enjoy these again.
                        All three are amazing fics. Just reminding that there are two sequels of 'Cast your fate', one of which is M-rated. You can find them on FF.net.

P.S.: am still reading the Ship Day thread, having a ball!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          FYI, voting is now open until Sept. 17 for the GateFic Awards. Membership is not required. It's a huge list; fic, art and vids. If interested, probably want to get started now.
                          Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Arashi View Post
                          All three are amazing fics. Just reminding that there are two sequels of 'Cast your fate', one of which is M-rated. You can find them on FF.net.

P.S.: am still reading the Ship Day thread, having a ball!
                          Thanks for the reminder about the sequels!
                          sigpic

Comment

The Guardian by Bixata Jack goes missing for twelve years at the end of season 8. This is the story of his life of imprisonment and his recovery when he finally makes it home, mute and injured, with two surprises in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
                              The Guardian by Bixata Jack goes missing for twelve years at the end of season 8. This is the story of his life of imprisonment and his recovery when he finally makes it home, mute and injured, with two surprises in tow.
                              Love that story, great rec! It's one of the ones that I end up re-reading every few months
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

So between LJ's bouts of working and not working (I think the site was attacked again), this lovely fic came up, Mrs.Pollifax's "Tune Without Words". It's a sequel to A Capella but can stand on its own.

Comment

Working...
                                X