• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit more serious fic, during the episode "Past & Present":

Charades by Rose Stetson

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I think there's something wrong with me! That was one of the most depressing stories I've read in a long time, and it just got me angry. No tears, just angry. A lot because of Cassie. She didn't shed a tear throughout the whole story, and I felt like she just didn't care enough to cry about somebody who had loved her as much as Sam did; it made me feel like slapping her (if one can slap a fictional character). And who cares if Sam didn't "ask" her to come home? Throughout the story, she was just an angry, petty child who had run away from everyone who cared about her,as far as I was concerned. The only one she was really caring that much about was Jack, though that's understandable, since he's still alive. Obviously, I understand she went through a difficult time what with Janet dying, but for pity sake - gone for four years and all she could do was call Sam once a month?

(**walks away muttering and grumbling**)
      Nothing wrong with you, Hedwig! Actually you make a very good point, but I think that's what made it so sad for me (as opposed to your anger). That after all the love and support that she's been given, she can't reciprocate in any way.

Not my image of Cassie, but with what 2 or so episodes on screen, I guess she's an open ball game character wise

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
        Nothing wrong with you, Hedwig! Actually you make a very good point, but I think that's what made it so sad for me (as opposed to your anger). That after all the love and support that she's been given, she can't reciprocate in any way.

Not my image of Cassie, but with what 2 or so episodes on screen, I guess she's an open ball game character wise
        Thanks. I guess if a story raises "emotions" in the reader, then they've done a pretty good job. This one certainly did with me. I also felt that the way Cassie was talking about events that she was talking about Sam as though she was merely an acquaintance she didn't know very well. I would have liked for Cassie to have felt some actual emotions, but for me she didn't.

And Jacob was the only one I really felt sorry for. Jack, not so much. I do sympathize with his loss, but wallowing like that was almost as bad as no emotion from Cassie. I couldn't help but think that Sam would have been a bit disappointed in him.

I think I should simply quit reading unhappy stories, no matter how well recommended they are.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Mmm. It could be embarrassing if I admitted how often I re-read my favorites in that series. LOL!

I'm thinking of that hot claw-each-other's-clothes-off scene on Sam's bike, myself...
          Ditto. I find myself going back to favorites year *cough* after year!! *Runs out to re-read "claw-each-other's-clothes-off scene"!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
            Are we all on some downer...?

I shall read those mentioned once I've gotten over this one - it's more Cassie centric but does feature a bit of S/J. I seriously I had tears streaming down my face!

Tether

There's also mention of a companion piece at the bottom, but I'm in need of fluff right now, so haven't read that either
            If the one at the bottom is "Domestication" and that seems to be it, it has fluff, humor, and, um, sexy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
              If the one at the bottom is "Domestication" and that seems to be it, it has fluff, humor, and, um, sexy stuff.
              And Resolution too...thus far it's kinda...sexy stuff!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

The companion piece is "Tethered (The Wocka Wocka Remix)"; from Sam's POV leading up to the last phone call with Cassie and then Sam going off to the site that gets blown up.

"Domestication" isn't the companion piece.
                Last edited by hedwig; 15 December 2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Fic rec - very cute ... and funny:

Two Words by Pace Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    The companion piece is "Tether (The Wocka Wocka Remix)"; from Sam's POV leading up to the last phone call with Cassie and then Sam going off to the site that gets blown up.

"Domestication" isn't the companion piece.
                    My bad. If it's more Tether, then I think I'd rather read Domestication, right now. Sort of balance out the emotions. And , the Wocka, Wocka fic came up 'server can't be found. '

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      And Resolution too...thus far it's kinda...sexy stuff!
                      There are two sequels to Resolution. 1st: Salvage. 2nd: The Furies Wept

Comment

My bad. If it's more Tether, then I think I'd rather read Domestication, right now. Sort of balance out the emotions. And , the Wocka, Wocka fic came up 'server can't be found. '
                        I'd try again if you want to read the companion piece. I just tried it, and it came up just fine. If you click on the "Tethered (Wocka Wocka Remix)" that's in blue print at the bottom of "Tether", you should get to the right place.

And, yes, "Domestication" is much fluffier and with humor.

"Domestication" and "Resolution" are not companion pieces to "Tether". They are just the previous and next of nanda's stories. At the end of each one of her stories, there's a story highlighed on left and right at the bottom, and they are just pointing the way to more of her stories.

Comment

New fic - humor, team, great fun:

Ninja Sam by gatehead81

Comment

I'm too scare to read any more this week...last night I was seeing double and triple at times. I ended up falling asleep on the couch again. Too much fic!!!

Keep those recs coming!!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Title: Gifted

Category: Stargate: SG-1
                              Character(s): J. O'Neill & S. Carter

Words: 1,494
                              Genre(s): Romance/Humor
                              Rating: Rated: T
                              Summary: They'd decided on no gifts. Well, at least, Sam had. Jack, however,
                              has other plans. Can he get Sam to play along? Fluffy Christmas morning fic,
                              inspired by a GW conversation about something completely different. Sam/Jack
                              very established.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6562298/1/
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hi
                                any sam/jack fanfiction (new stories)
                                in this site?
                                i'm looking for stories post enemy at the gate/continuum

thanks
                                roni

Comment

Working...
                                X