Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm look for a story. It involves some sort of prophecy on a planet. There's a horse statue and it turns out that Jack was the man they were talking about in the prophecy. There's a huge battle and the SGC sends a lot of back up to help these people. Jack is the leader of the battle and there's some weird magic involved that makes it so he's stronger than normal and needs less sleep.
    Last edited by angsty_otaku; 13 September 2014, 12:50 PM.
    My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I've been thinking about a fic I read a long time ago, but can't think of the title/author.

In it, Sam is driving back to the SGC, and there's an accident where her car goes off the road and down a hill, at the bottom of which is a creek or stream. Her car winds up tangled in a tree, and Sam is stuck inside and can't get out. She's stuck there for several days, during which (maybe because of a rain storm), the creek below starts to rise. People are out looking for her, of course. I don't recall if she manages to get out of the car, but she finally attracts attention by using her watch to bounce some light from the sun off of it. I think Siler is the one who sees the flashing and finds her. This could be part of a bigger story. I just don't remember.
      http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a...e/patience.htm

I know that one
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Yay. Thank you. I've been thinking about that story for quite awhile now and couldn't remember title/author.

Scurries off to read it again.

Comment

You're welcome.

It was one of my earlier fic so I apologize in advance for any contradictions to canon or the such.

I've had a couple instances of show canon contradicting my fic and I don't go back and change it.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            You're welcome.

It was one of my earlier fic so I apologize in advance for any contradictions to canon or the such.

I've had a couple instances of show canon contradicting my fic and I don't go back and change it.

Eh, we've all been retconned by our shows at one time or another.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

This being 9/11, I'm reminded of a fic where Sam and Jack were at the Pentagon that day, and how they survived.

I'm wondering if anyone recalls the title of that fic. I'd like to read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku View Post
                I'm look for a story. It involves some sort of prophecy on a planet. There's a horse statue and it turns out that Jack was the man they were talking about in the prophecy. There's a huge battle and the SGC sends a lot of back up to help these people. Jack is the leader of the battle and there's some weird magic involved that makes it so he's stronger than normal and needs less sleep.
                Still looking for this story. I want to say it's almost Arthurian.

Looking for another story where something happens and Jack and Sam crash land on some planet with a ship. They end up in a society that is similar to Earth so they try to integrate by pretending to be refuges from another continent. There just happens to be a mass migration over at the time so people pay them no mind. However, because Sam has blond hair and blue eyes, she struggles to find a job whereas Jack has become police or security. They get in a fight and end up living apart. Jack gets stabbed and is close to death when he and Sam reconcile. Daniel and Teal'c eventually come with Thor to rescue them.
                My flickr photography.

Comment

Still looking for this story. I want to say it's almost Arthurian.

Looking for another story where something happens and Jack and Sam crash land on some planet with a ship. They end up in a society that is similar to Earth so they try to integrate by pretending to be refuges from another continent. There just happens to be a mass migration over at the time so people pay them no mind. However, because Sam has blond hair and blue eyes, she struggles to find a job whereas Jack has become police or security. They get in a fight and end up living apart. Jack gets stabbed and is close to death when he and Sam reconcile. Daniel and Teal'c eventually come with Thor to rescue them.
                  That's a story by Vinividivinci. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

EDIT: And I believe it is: Another Lost on a Planet Fic by vinividivinci.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    That's a story by Vinividivinci. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

EDIT: And I believe it is: Another Lost on a Planet Fic by vinividivinci.
                    With a title like that, you'd think I would have found it. :-) Thanks so much!
                    My flickr photography.

Comment

If anyone was wondering I found the story. It's called On Eagle's Wings by Badgergater and Corine
                      My flickr photography.

Comment

Hi all,

I have just recently got into SG1 and have been reading heaps of fabulous fanfic.

I have just watched Avengers 2.0 where Sam and Felger are on a Ba'al world fixing the virus in the gate system - and wondered if anyone had written a fic with an alternative ending - where Sam actually gets captured by Ba'al rather than getting rescued. Or are there any Sam gets captured by Ba'al at all? I think that Ba'al would have recognised Sam's intelligence - and thought this sort of scenario could lead to a great fic.

Thanks for you help with this.

Also - any Sam gets captured by Ba'al would be great

Comment

I just rewatched 1969. Does anyone know if there are any fics out there where SG-1 is stuck in 1969 and has to wait until the day they left in 1999 to return to the SGC?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by AllisonChance View Post
                            I just rewatched 1969. Does anyone know if there are any fics out there where SG-1 is stuck in 1969 and has to wait until the day they left in 1999 to return to the SGC?

Thank you!
                            I'm unaware of any fics that fit your description. Maybe someone else has, sorry I couldn't help.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by AllisonChance View Post

Thank you!
                              There is one from Ruth King called "1973". It's not very long, and it's just Jack and Sam stuck there until Daniel and Teal'c come back for them.

Comment

Originally posted by smargs View Post
                                There is one from Ruth King called "1973". It's not very long, and it's just Jack and Sam stuck there until Daniel and Teal'c come back for them.
                                That sounds great! Do you know where it's archived at? I'm new to the fandom and I don't know many fanfiction archives yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X