X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1RDA View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for another fic:

Jack is already a general, living in Washington. He has a relationship with Sam (already married ?). After a young woman dies, he begins a investigation about a corrupt officer. That woman died after giving birth. Her mother assumes responsibility for the child and contacts Jacks who helps her. She likes him, but he explains about his commitment with Sam.
    Another general (?) who worked on the Pentagon died, supposedly from a heart attack, but Jack has suspicions about. The family of this general is related with Sam.
    Anyone...?
    Thanks
    I know this fic but the title escapes me at the moment.

EDIT: Today Is All We Have by dreamer one fits with the first half of the description.
    Last edited by iiradned; 03 July 2014, 03:55 AM.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thank you.
      You're right. The second part is from another story. I hope someone can remember what fic it is. I only remember this:
      [Another general (?) who worked on the Pentagon died, supposedly from a heart attack, but Jack has suspicions about the death, that could be a murder. The family of this officer is related with Sam.]
      Anyone...?

Comment

I can think of an NCIS crossover where another Pentagon general dies, etc., but I don't think that officer is connected with Sam. And it's Jethro Gibbs who suspects murder.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thank you.
          You're right. The second part is from another story. I hope someone can remember what fic it is. I only remember this:
          [Another general (?) who worked on the Pentagon died, supposedly from a heart attack, but Jack has suspicions about the death, that could be a murder. The family of this officer is related with Sam.]
          Anyone...?
          Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          I can think of an NCIS crossover where another Pentagon general dies, etc., but I don't think that officer is connected with Sam. And it's Jethro Gibbs who suspects murder.

Seaboe
          Is it Top Secret Valor?

In addition to Gibbs suspecting murder, the other general is friends with Jack who is the person of interest.

Comment

TSV is certainly the story I was thinking of.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

No. The fic I'm searching isn't a crossover. Unfortunately, I don't remember much.

Comment

Hi there Folks - for those of you who like a challenge...I am on the verge of going crazy trying to find a story that I read maybe 5 years ago. I am a Jack/Sam fan and I only remember the tiniest of snippets such as:-

1) Sam goes missing. She and the team (Jack, Tealc & Daniel) are on Earth. The scene occurs in her house because they realise she is not there and is missing. They fan out and begin searching. Jack finds her unconscious and near death near her house - I think on the pavement/sidewalk and maybe a couple of streets/houses away from where Carter lives. It is cold and think it has been snowing, but I am not sure.

I know it's not much to go by, but I honestly can't remember any more except that for some reason I am desperate to find it and read it again! I would be most grateful for ANY information to point me in the right direction. Please feel free to ask me any questions – it may jog my memory.

PS unfortunately it is not "Silenced Screams" by: Zhaan ?
                Many thanks

Comment

The only one that pinged at all was Contagion by Noda2. In it, Sam has brain damage and wanders away from her house to a nearby park. It's snowing. After a search, Jack comes upon her.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                    The only one that pinged at all was Contagion by Noda2. In it, Sam has brain damage and wanders away from her house to a nearby park. It's snowing. After a search, Jack comes upon her.
                    I remember reading this a long time ago. It's really hard for me to read stories in which Sam becomes so childlike because of some virus.

Comment

Thank you.
                      Anyone...?
                      Quarkie's Where's Anna? comes to mind, but I think the general was in Area 51, not the Pentagon.

Comment

[Quarkie's Where's Anna? comes to mind, but I think the general was in Area 51, not the Pentagon. ]

Thanks, but I don't think so. Both, Jack and the other General (no sure), work in Washington. Sam and Jack are married or engaged. Sam is a old friend of the general's family.

Comment

Thank you ever so much Amara for your suggestion and although "Contagion" is a great story, unfortunately it is not the one

Comment

Originally posted by Wendyna108 View Post
                            Thank you ever so much Amara for your suggestion and although "Contagion" is a great story, unfortunately it is not the one
                            Yes, I was afraid of that. I do hope you find it, though. I know how frustrating that can be!
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Looking for a fic I read ages ago, where Jack is tortured and also thinks Sam has been tortured and killed. When brought back to SGC he isn't speaking and Sam needs help from Jacob to read his mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
                                Looking for a fic I read ages ago, where Jack is tortured and also thinks Sam has been tortured and killed. When brought back to SGC he isn't speaking and Sam needs help from Jacob to read his mind...
                                I can think of a fic that can fit with the second sentence but the first one will kill it as there was no torture of Sam and Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X