This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    This is From Hereon After by Alli Snow. It's at the Stargate Novel Archive.

ETA: I suppose I should include Claireniccie's (somewhat inaccurate) description

She's got the plot right, but the character isn't Kerry, it's some other woman Jack had once been involved with.

Seaboe
    Sorry about the inaccurate description but it has been a while since I read it! Thank you soooo much for finding it!
    (Note to self - write down names of fic you like!)

Comment

From Hereon After is one of the first Stargate fanfictions I read (I'm surprised that Hedwig hadn't beaten me to it!). Alli Snow is also known as salmonczar, but she let her website go.

When I decided to start actually collecting the stuff (since archive sites were beginning to disappear), I went through all of Heliopolis and all of the novel archive pulling pieces and authors I liked. I'm really glad I did.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I have two questions for you guys:

1) Years ago I've started reading a story on fanfiction.net where Samantha is captured and made host to Quatesh who is Ba'al's queen at the time. As I recall the story is set in the early seasons of SG-1. Alas I've lost track of it and don't recall the title.

Anyone know which story it might be?

2) I also recall another story on fanfiction.net which opened up with SG-1 returning to SGC from an off-world mission only to discover that everyone on the base is a Jaffa (as in Hammond & all the soldiers and staff still have their canon jobs and uniforms but have a Jaffa pouch and a larva symbiot). SG-1 is immediately taken into custody. Seems SG-1 somehow traveled to an AU.

Does that ring any bells?

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          From Hereon After is one of the first Stargate fanfictions I read (I'm surprised that Hedwig hadn't beaten me to it!). Alli Snow is also known as salmonczar, but she let her website go.

When I decided to start actually collecting the stuff (since archive sites were beginning to disappear), I went through all of Heliopolis and all of the novel archive pulling pieces and authors I liked. I'm really glad I did.

Seaboe
          I haven't read any of Alli Snow's fics. Though after this one, I think I should find them all and read them. I really liked this story, with the exception of (for awhile) Sam being suspected of working with the goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            The only one that sounds vaguely similar (that I know of) is Nature or Nurture by Tribal Matriarch but while Sam's a civilian and Mark is the 'Carter' on SG-1, she doesn't work at Colson Industries and still ends up at the SGC (plus she's reclusive due to being traumatized from a sexual assault at a young age).
            Thanks for reply. Unfortunately not the one I had in mind but one I have read!

Comment

Originally posted by Claireniccie View Post
              Yep I agree nature vs nurture! If it's not the one you were looking for, read it anyway!!
              Not the one I was looking for but I have it read, a few times! Thank you for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by SamShipper View Post
                I am looking for a fic I read maybe 4 years ago? It has SG-1, Martouf/Lantash, and Jacob/Selmak going on a mission together. The locals have some rule against women being unmarried when they are above 25, so Sam has to pick someone to marry now or they will force her to marry the son of the local leader. Jack and Martouf/Lantash offer to marry her, and are sort-of fighting for her hand. Eventually she realizes she want them both/all, and she ends up married to Jack AND Martouf/Lantash. I think the fic is NC-17 and has a rather steamy threesome/foursome wedding night scene.
                I think they also discuss how to be together after going back home, and both Sam and Jack are seriously considering joining the Tok'ra so they can all be together.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?
                Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                I think I have read it. Did they have a lot of tests that Jack and Martouf/Lantash had to go through to prove they were worthy of marrying Sam? And the son of the local leader kept making advances to Sam?

I think it was called something like Allies and Enemies? Or maybe Enemies, allies. Hm. I think it was on a geocities page, unfortunately. So unless someone has saved it, I don't know how to find it. Particularly since I don't know the writer.
                Fic found. The author has reuploaded it to AO3 and Symbiotica:

Title: Enemies, Allies, and Rivals
                Author: Elvenstar Dragonblood (The Lady of the Mist)
                Category: ship, H/C, angst, Sam/Jack, Sam/Martouf
                Rating: NC-17 probably. No, absolutely! Bring on the smut! In fact, the last part of the story is almost pure smut, so if that's why you're reading, then just go directly there
                Summary: SG1, Martouf and Jacob go on a mission together, to a planet with a male chauvinist culture. The local leaders son takes a fancy to Sam, and wants to marry her, but who will win her in the end.
                Season: Late third maybe, or early fourth. Marty is alive, but I guess this can just be AU so he survives D&C.
                Pairing: Jack/Sam/Martouf/Lantash

Since it is NC-17, here is a link to the author's page on AO3 and on Symbiotica.
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                  Fic found. The author has reuploaded it to AO3 and Symbiotica:

Title: Enemies, Allies, and Rivals
                  Author: Elvenstar Dragonblood (The Lady of the Mist)
                  Category: ship, H/C, angst, Sam/Jack, Sam/Martouf
                  Rating: NC-17 probably. No, absolutely! Bring on the smut! In fact, the last part of the story is almost pure smut, so if that's why you're reading, then just go directly there
                  Summary: SG1, Martouf and Jacob go on a mission together, to a planet with a male chauvinist culture. The local leaders son takes a fancy to Sam, and wants to marry her, but who will win her in the end.
                  Season: Late third maybe, or early fourth. Marty is alive, but I guess this can just be AU so he survives D&C.
                  Pairing: Jack/Sam/Martouf/Lantash

Since it is NC-17, here is a link to the author's page on AO3 and on Symbiotica.
                  Yay! Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to reading this fic again! *hugs*
                  My ships: sigpic
                  (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Ok, not sure if this is a fic or in one of the novels but all I remember is a scene where Jack is tied to some kind of pole and the room is filling with water and Sam dives in to save him...ring any bells???
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I'm looking for a fic that's set post-series where the stargate is revealed to the public. It's gen but with minor S/J. Any ideas?
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Are you looking for a specific fic, or for any fic meeting those conditions?

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hello again, I am really bad for remembering titles of stories I have read which makes them hard to find again, so again I am asking for help.

The first one is continuum set and Jack has a boat with a bunch of boys, the kids meet Sam ( I think her name might be Maggie) on the beach. Anyways they get together with him knowing she is not as she seems, but not knowing the her whole story. Ring any bells I did look in the lists for alternate realities but can't seem to find this one.

The second one where Sam has left the SGC and is brought back to Colorado (or it might be Minnesota) to look after Jack and he absolutely doesn't want her around at all. He has been injured or something, he is quite nasty to her but eventually they work things out. I know that is really vague but I am hoping someone remembers it.

And third, (its probably even more vague then the last one lol) Something about them having a kid as a result of either brocca or beneath the surface, but the powers that be take the kid away, and Jack eventually find out, he is furious of course.

Thank you if you can help, some of you are amazing at remembering the titles and stories,,,not me lol

Comment

Originally posted by etag rats View Post
                            The second one where Sam has left the SGC and is brought back to Colorado (or it might be Minnesota) to look after Jack and he absolutely doesn't want her around at all. He has been injured or something, he is quite nasty to her but eventually they work things out. I know that is really vague but I am hoping someone remembers it.
                            Possibly this one:

Starting Over by Obsessed Pam. Jack is recuperating and a retired member of SG1 returns temporarily? to the fold to the indignation of a bad tempered colonel.

Comment

The first one could be Endless Realities by Offworlder. I don't remember where I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by smargs View Post
                                The first one could be Endless Realities by Offworlder. I don't remember where I found it.
                                It's on Heliopolis.

Comment

Working...
                                X