X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, Scully

Comment

Shouldn't you be posting that in the appreciation thread or something, instead of the Fic Search thread?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Claireniccie View Post
        I've been looking for a fic on a different thread and then found this one dedicated to finding fics!

I'm looking for a fic I read many years ago. Set around the Aschen I think - sam is married to Joe, find out that he's working with them and the goauld, then she runs away to find Jack. I think she is drugged and goes through withdrawal on the journey. Jack is leading some kind of rebellion. Mayboure is in it.
        She arrives at the cabin on a motorbike, is really angry with jack. She has nightmares about a baby she had that died - joanna, I think!
        Kerry is in it as well! I think she thinks sam knows where jack is - but I may be mixing two fics up here!

It's quite a long one as I remember!
        Any ideas anyone?
        it's been found!!

i asked an s/j yahoo group (that i've been a member of since 2001) about if this story sounded familiar. i used your exact description. here it is (below)...

Orpheus Ascending:

http://sgnovels.creativearchivist.ne...sascending.txt

(credit goes to JLDolphin)
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Thank you majorsal!
          Now I've got another one for you! Can't remember why jack isn't on the scene but I think kerry asks sam to find jack. Sam gets a but suspicious about kerry. Sam goes to major Davis, who is in a wheelchair but only pretending. Think jack is found at the cabin. They come back to Washington and find out kerry is working with, or is a goauld.

I know it's very very vague but your last source seemed to know it straight away!

Comment

Thank you majorsal!
            Now I've got another one for you! Can't remember why jack isn't on the scene but I think kerry asks sam to find jack. Sam gets a but suspicious about kerry. Sam goes to major Davis, who is in a wheelchair but only pretending. Think jack is found at the cabin. They come back to Washington and find out kerry is working with, or is a goauld.

I know it's very very vague but your last source seemed to know it straight away!
            Doesn't look like something I've read before but sounds interesting.
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thank you majorsal!

I have this. Of course, can't think of the title or author. But it's not Kerry, it's some other Washington person. If you don't hear from anyone else, I'll see if I can locate the title.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                I have this. Of course, can't think of the title or author. But it's not Kerry, it's some other Washington person. If you don't hear from anyone else, I'll see if I can locate the title.

Seaboe
                That would be great thanks! I've asked on a couple of threads but no one seems to know it so if you get chance to hunt it out I'd really appreciate it!

Comment

Hi,
                  I read an S/J fanfic a long while ago that I can't seem to find anywhere now and my forgetful self doesn't remember the title! I thought it was housed on Heliopolis2 but without remembering the title it's a bit of a needle in a haystack to find. In the fic Carter isn't military and works for I think Coleson Industries. Her brother is military and an SG1 member. She gets involved with O'Neil when visiting her brother. It's quite an alternate universe fic. Does it ring any bells for anyone?? Appreciate any help or even just similar fics

Comment

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
                    Hi,
                    I read an S/J fanfic a long while ago that I can't seem to find anywhere now and my forgetful self doesn't remember the title! I thought it was housed on Heliopolis2 but without remembering the title it's a bit of a needle in a haystack to find. In the fic Carter isn't military and works for I think Coleson Industries. Her brother is military and an SG1 member. She gets involved with O'Neil when visiting her brother. It's quite an alternate universe fic. Does it ring any bells for anyone?? Appreciate any help or even just similar fics
                    The only one that sounds vaguely similar (that I know of) is Nature or Nurture by Tribal Matriarch but while Sam's a civilian and Mark is the 'Carter' on SG-1, she doesn't work at Colson Industries and still ends up at the SGC (plus she's reclusive due to being traumatized from a sexual assault at a young age).
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That's the one that came to mind for me too...
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
                        Hi,
                        Yep I agree nature vs nurture! If it's not the one you were looking for, read it anyway!!

Comment

That would be great thanks! I've asked on a couple of threads but no one seems to know it so if you get chance to hunt it out I'd really appreciate it!
                          This is From Hereon After by Alli Snow. It's at the Stargate Novel Archive.

ETA: I suppose I should include Claireniccie's (somewhat inaccurate) description
                          Can't remember why jack isn't on the scene but I think kerry asks sam to find jack. Sam gets a but suspicious about kerry. Sam goes to major Davis, who is in a wheelchair but only pretending. Think jack is found at the cabin. They come back to Washington and find out kerry is working with, or is a goauld.
                          She's got the plot right, but the character isn't Kerry, it's some other woman Jack had once been involved with.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thank you majorsal!

Thanks for asking for this story. I just read it and loved it. It kept me glued to the story until I was finished with it.

Comment

Is it AU, or is it set post series?
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                                Is it AU, or is it set post series?
                                I'd say it's more AU. It's still within the 10 years of the series, but definitely doesn't follow canon.

Comment

Working...
                                X