Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the reply, but I checked her stories on Symbiotica (4) and it was not one of those. I only read it within the last few months, so it was after the crash. I also didn't know there was a crash before. I thought the author's name started with "L". I'll continue looking.

Comment

Could be this one:

When Two Realities Collide (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3586055/...lities_Collide)

It is no longer on Symbiotica (hasn't been reuploaded yet), but it is by bacardi - she apparently only reuploaded some of her stuff.
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Yes it is that one! Thank you!!!!

Comment

Just saw this post from GateFic Awards:

Originally posted by GateFic Awards
          Hey, gang, it's us. Yeah, we know: long time no see. Things have been really really busy for us this year in that evil realm known as "the real world", and so your GateFic team hasn't been able to promote this year's awards as we should. So... we have options. We can either push this year's awards back to later in the year--around November, maybe--or change the format entirely. Thoughts?
          I'm not sure what they're gonna do, hopefully they'll just postpone and it will still happen this year but thought I should share as I'm sure many people won't read this. I didn't know much about them until last year's voting rounds but I think it's a great way to show how much you enjoy your favorite fanfics, -art and -vids.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm wondering whether there are any mini!Jack fics where he does not relive his original life; in particular, I'm wondering whether there are any where the original memories fade as they are overwritten by his new life.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Okay, so nobody knows of any mini!Jack fics where the memories fade.

How about any non-slash fics that deal with the fact that Daniel calls for Jack when Janet is hit in Heroes? I am totally and absolutely uninterested in any such fics that have ship in them.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hi,
                I'm looking for a fic that goes something like this:
                While returning thru stargate, Jack doesn't make it back...everyone assumes he died,
                when actually he travelled a few decades into past.
                Back in the present, he shows back up, with another name, and for the past few decades has been financially supporting SGC.
                He's also got a Tok'ra(?) inside him.

any idea what this fic is called?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  Okay, so nobody knows of any mini!Jack fics where the memories fade.

How about any non-slash fics that deal with the fact that Daniel calls for Jack when Janet is hit in Heroes? I am totally and absolutely uninterested in any such fics that have ship in them.

Seaboe
                  Daniel called Janet's name when she was hit by the staff blast. He didn't call for Jack.

Or are there fics where the writer has Daniel calling for Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Daniel called Janet's name when she was hit by the staff blast. He didn't call for Jack.
                    Okay, then I misheard, because I could've sworn he yelled "Jack."

Although another interesting idea is at what point did he learn that Jack was down, too?

Seaboe

Comment

Now, this one I know exists. Jack wen off world as a general; but he's been missing for years. He turns up with two kids (maybe more) and is unable to talk. Apparently, he'd taken on the role of protector, but if he spoke, the children were punished. After quite some time, they managed to escape and return to Earth.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Now, this one I know exists. Jack wen off world as a general; but he's been missing for years. He turns up with two kids (maybe more) and is unable to talk. Apparently, he'd taken on the role of protector, but if he spoke, the children were punished. After quite some time, they managed to escape and return to Earth.

Seaboe
                        Oh, that's one of my favorite stories! It's The Guardian by Bixata

There is also The Guardian: alternate take where he doesn't have the kids and it also a great read.

Enjoy
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

I only read this fic yesterday and I've already managed to lose it. The only stargate character in it was Janet, and she was a lieutenant, in the Gulf, working with a medic nicknamed Ghost. It's not a happy ending fic, but it was very satisfying.

Anybody know it?

ETA: never mind, found it. Every Art and Artifice

Seaboe

Comment

does any one know any good Dark,evil take over by ancient device that evil stories i have read
                            one story were Sam C find a Ancient device that turn her evil and steal one of the earth ship and
                            run off with it and the story ends i what to find a were jack marge with a Goa'uld and create a hole
                            new evil more power with ancient powers to and he take over the Goa'uld system lords and fight that
                            half ascend Goa'uld or if you know any there good evil or dark story that help to thanks

Comment

Can anyone recommend some good adventure stories that are not a) S/J; ii) angst (or darker); 3) pwned by any of the characters individually?

Seaboe

Comment

If you don't mind reading Tok'ra fic, then some of these may qualify (though for some there is a big focus on Sam or Jack, or either an OC or a recurring guest star), and some doesn't have SG-1 members in it):

Compromised by ivanolix [PG-13]
                                The Compromised Trilogy. Sam, Jolinar, Daniel, and SG-1 mainly, but also Sha're, Martouf/Lantash, Hammond, Garshaw, Jacob Carter, Selmak, Vala, Jean Miller, and a few dozen or so more minor characters (both canon and OCs).
                                Pairings: This is 95% gen, but brief attention is paid to canon marriages.
                                Sam and Jolinar escape the ashrak, but leave the SGC in a lurch and themselves with all the cards stacked against them in a hostile galaxy. Gen. AU off In the Line of Duty. Sam and team centric.
                                Sam focus
                                Categories: Action/Adventure, Drama, Other
                                Characters: Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, Garshaw/Yosuf, General Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Janet Fraiser, Jolinar/Rosha, Malek, Martouf/Lantash, Original, Other, Samantha Carter, Shau'ri, Teal'c

Balancing the Books by Ololon [PG]
                                "In Allegiance, Malek says he owes Bra'tac his life and hopes one day to repay that debt. How does he do that?" Malek is undercover on a Goa'uld-controlled world when he learns that Bra'tac is being held prisoner there. Can he help the Jaffa without blowing his cover?
                                No pairings
                                Categories: Action/Adventure
                                Characters: Malek, Bra'tac, Other

Brothers in Arms by BuckeyeBelle [R]
                                O'Neill finds himself in desperate circumstances with the Tok'ra Malek. Imprisoned in Osiris' lair on a Goa'uld world, they must escape from behind enemy lines.
                                Pairing: None. Very light Sam/Jack UST.
                                Jack focus
                                RATING: R for language, violence
                                SPOILERS: To mid-season 6, big one for Cure
                                SEASON/SEQUEL INFO: Season 6, between Cure and Prometheus. Gates of War Series sequence: Abyss Novelization, Sirikat, Fields of Gold, A Nice Quiet Week in the Country, Brothers in Arms (see author page for link to website with these stories)
                                Categories: Angst, Action/Adventure
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Malek, Original, Osiris, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c
                                Author's page: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser.php?uid=64

Clones by Roeskva [PG]
                                SG-1 has been cloned and their bodies are unstable. They need to find out what has happened and undo it before it is too late.
                                No pairings
                                Categories: Action/Adventure, Drama
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

My Heart Shall Pass Unto Yours by Pagan Twylight [R]
                                Summary: After being sent to the surface of a planet that the System Lord they are "serving" is destroying, Malek and his host realize that they have been compromised, and their only recourse is to escape through the Chaappa'ai. Unfortunately, Malek's host is fatally wounded shortly after they arrive on the surface and he is dying. Roavan wants to find Malek a new host and when they stumble upon a young man chained in a room, he takes the opportunity that has fallen to them. This is the story of how Malek and Devlin (his current host) met and blended.
                                Rating: R for discussion of violence and allusions to sexual slavery, allusions to m/m rape, and captivity.
                                Warning: OC Character Death.
                                No pairings
                                Preseries
                                Categories: Angst, Action/Adventure, Drama
                                Characters: Malek
                                Author's page: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser.php?uid=11

Red Queen by Ololon [PG-13]
                                Summary: The Tok'ra request SG1's assistance when they learn that Baal may have acquired a goa'uld queen in a human host with special powers – a hok'taur. The truth proves to be quite different, and could hold the key to the destruction of the goa'uld – or the survival of the Tok'ra.
                                Action/adventure, some drama, some horror, some romance.
                                Pairing: mostly gen, but some Malek/OFC, Malek/Delek (with Delek in female host)
                                Characters: Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, Delek, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Malek, Original, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

Sabar's Tale by Ana Lake [PG]
                                Summary: When even the best you can do seems like it isn't enough, it might be time to try something completely different. Of course, you may find you need a little encouragement, but once you take the chance, it can set you on the road to achieving a goal you may not even have dreamed of.
                                Season: Pre-series
                                Episode Spoilers/Tags: The Tok'ra, Parts I & II, though in only the most general of ways; that is to say, details about the Tok'ra and the way they live.
                                Category: Gen. Adventure, mostly, and the development of a character used in a later fic.
                                Categories: Mixed, Action/Adventure, Drama, Other
                                Characters: Original, Other

Solitude No More by Roeskva [NC-17]
                                When SG-1 went to P4A-771, they had not expected the immediate attack or that they would be waking up in a Goa'uld holding cell. However, the biggest surprise came when it turned out the Goa'uld that had captured them were no Goa'uld at all - at least not the kind they were used to. Will this chance meeting lead to an alliance between Earth and their new friend's people - or will she and SG-1 be killed by their pursuers?
                                Pairings: Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash. Fic is 90% Gen.
                                Some Sam focus
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Jolinar/Rosha, Martouf/Lantash, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c
                                Author's page: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser.php?uid=15

Surprise! by Roeskva [PG-13]
                                Answer to the 2008 challenge: A dig in UK uncovers a stasis-jar, containing a Tok'ra queen-symbiote. One of the female members of the expedition becomes her host. The archaeological team does not know about the Stargate-project. They are surprised to find strange objects, some of which seems Egyptian in origin. They contact Daniel Jackson since they know of his interest in 'cross-cultural pollination'.
                                No pairings
                                Categories: Humor, Action/Adventure
                                Characters: Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Malek, Original, Other, Teal'c

Take With You My Love - The Blending of Lantash and Martouf by Pagan Twylight [PG-13]
                                Story Summary: This is the story of how Martouf and Lantash came to be blended. In part one we find Lantash attempting to warn a planet about an imminent invasion by a System Lord. Part Two tells Martouf'side of the situation that developes. Part three tells how the blending occurred and Part four takes them a short way into the future where we briefly meet Rosha.
                                No pairings
                                Preseries
                                Categories: Angst, Action/Adventure, Drama
                                Characters: Jolinar/Rosha, Martouf/Lantash, Original

The Alternative Factor by Roeskva [NC-17]
                                Written for the 2009 Tok'ra Resistance fic contest. Plot bunny: 'Lost City' part two. In an alternative reality, SG-1 was unable to reach the weapons platform at the Ancient outpost in Antarctica in time to save Earth from Anubis. Only Sam, Daniel, and Teal's survive. They manage to escape and use the quantum mirror to go to a reality where they have just died a short while ago.
                                Mostly gen, but some Sam/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash in the last part
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Jolinar/Rosha, Martouf/Lantash, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

Timelines by Roeskva [PG-13]
                                An Ancient device has been found and SG-1 goes to check it out. It turns out to be a machine designed to make changes to the timeline, and SG-1 finds themselves in a very different world. Now they have to find out how to undo the changes to the timeline.
                                Mostly gen, except for hints here and there of various pairings
                                Categories: Humor, Action/Adventure, Drama
                                Characters: Apophis, Daniel Jackson, General Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

Less likely (due to more romance):

Carnivorus Plantae Mobilis by Roeskva [NC-17]
                                Sam had not yet come to terms with Martouf/Lantash having died - and having to admit to herself she loved them - when she has to go on a dangerous mission that will remind her of what she has lost. How will she react when she learns she has been lied to - and that Martouf/Lantash may not be as dead as she thought? Will she even get a chance to come to terms with it all - or will she be killed by a lifeform she would have refused to believe even existed? Story goes AU from Summit/Last Stand.
                                Pairing(s): Samantha Carter & Martouf/Lantash
                                Sam focused
                                Warnings: het sex, some minor violence.
                                Categories: Romance, Action/Adventure, Drama
                                Characters: Anise/Freya, Daniel Jackson, General Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Janet Fraiser, Martouf/Lantash, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

Reflections by Roeskva [NC-17]
                                SG-1 goes to an alternative universe where the Tok'ra don't exist. How has this affected the Galaxy and Earth?
                                PAIRING: Sam/Martouf/Lantash
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, Martouf/Lantash, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

Resulting Ripples by Roeskva [NC-17]
                                After Martouf and Lantash have just returned from visiting an alternate reality where they had been killed several years ago - and having there met that reality's Samantha Carter - they come to the conclusion that there is stilll hope for love with their reality's Samantha Carter. Kind of a tag to "Ripple Effect".
                                PAIRINGS: Mention of past Sam/Martouf/Lantash, mention of past Sam/Jack, current Sam/Martouf/Lantash
                                WARNINGS: sex (het), some minor violence (battles)
                                SPOILERS/SEASON: Potentially spoilers for all episodes of SG-1, but particularly for "Ripple Effect", other Tok'ra episodes, and episodes pertaining to the Ori arc. Takes place after the episode "Ripple Effect", in the alternate reality the SG-1 with Martouf/Lantash and Janet on, comes from.
                                Some Sam focus
                                Categories: Romance, Action/Adventure
                                Characters: Daniel Jackson, Martouf/Lantash, Original, Other, Samantha Carter, Teal'c
                                sigpic
                                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Working...
                                X