Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not know that one, but there are plenty of good bsg xovers around. I suggest you read Battlestar group 16 from Vliegenvanger on ff.net

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I have another fic search request.

I remember a couple of months back reading a fic where Jack was turning 50 and seeing as all he had to show for it was an empty house, he was very grouchy. He voiced his complaint to Jacob and then left for his cabin. Sam later joined him after resigning her commission.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

There is a fic I have been looking for for awhile, but I only remember bits of the story, though I think I read it over at Area 52. It is a post Heroes story and the President is making the SGC and Stargate public. I may be wrong about the next part, but I believe he had to because there was a battle over Colorado and too many people saw it happen. Hammond gathers everyone into one of the rooms, without telling them exactly what it is they will be watching, and it turns out it is an edited version of the Heroes tape along with an announcement from the President about the Stargate. I think, shortly afterward, Daniel is shot and killed on earth by people against the program. I'm also fairly certain he comes back (I want to say the Ancients thought he was needed and sent him back, but I could be confusing that part with another story)

Does anyone know what story this is?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Athenia View Post
          There is a fic I have been looking for for awhile, but I only remember bits of the story, though I think I read it over at Area 52. It is a post Heroes story and the President is making the SGC and Stargate public. I may be wrong about the next part, but I believe he had to because there was a battle over Colorado and too many people saw it happen. Hammond gathers everyone into one of the rooms, without telling them exactly what it is they will be watching, and it turns out it is an edited version of the Heroes tape along with an announcement from the President about the Stargate. I think, shortly afterward, Daniel is shot and killed on earth by people against the program. I'm also fairly certain he comes back (I want to say the Ancients thought he was needed and sent him back, but I could be confusing that part with another story)

Thanks..
          I haven't read that story, but I hope someone else here has and remembers it because it sounds like a great story and I want to read it too
          sigpic
          Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Athenia View Post

Thanks..
            I've read one similar to this, but I don't recall Daniel being killed. The program goes public, and Jack and Sam have been answering all sorts of questions for the press. There's a lot of people against the program, and when Jack and Sam get back to Colorado Springs, they get to Sam's house to discover that it's on fire (arson by people against the program), and it's a total loss. Might not be the same story, though. There's a lot more to it than this, and it's been quite awhile since I read it.

Comment

Hi, looking for a good fanfic that continues where Stargate Atlantis left off (Extinction script? lol) OR a good fanfic where SG1 left off

Comment

i'm not looking for a specific fic, but i want to read one(s) where jack's died and sam (and the others) are grieving badly.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kaysea View Post
                  Hi, looking for a good fanfic that continues where Stargate Atlantis left off (Extinction script? lol) OR a good fanfic where SG1 left off
                  If you're looking for prose, most of hte ones i've come across are ship specific. I know there was a John/Teyla one that was overall pretty gen, if a little rough. It was a group of 3-4 writers doing an extra season or something/

Return of the Ancients is another continuation, but be warned, it pretty much goes into uncharted territory right from the get-go. Brings back just about every loose thread from SG1 and SGA, but tbh it's very plot heavy and very light on character fun.

Uhh... what else? I know Crazy Tom and S09119 are doing extra Atlantis stuff, but it's summary style and S09 has his own continuity after SG1 S10.

If dark and different is your taste, you could try my story "Universal Sin" which is an alternate ending to Atlantis from mid-season 4. be warned, not the typical SG story. It continues into "Dark Frontier" which continues the story where it left off.

crap, i know i'm forgetting one. maybe two but those are the ones that jump off the top of my head.
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Hi I'm looking for two fic

- first, there is a team building activity on earth between all the different army corps, Sam is chosen to lead the team representing the SGC
                    - sam die, but put a system in place with Thor : she get clones and her memory download + write a letter to jack, jack do not read the later and treat the clone with distance

Comment

Originally posted by barnabe View Post

- first, there is a team building activity on earth between all the different army corps, Sam is chosen to lead the team representing the SGC
                      - sam die, but put a system in place with Thor : she get clones and her memory download + write a letter to jack, jack do not read the later and treat the clone with distance
                      I don't know about the first one, but the second one sounds like "The Price of Edora" and the sequel, "The Wanderer" by Kimberly, which can be found in Gateworld's Fanfic Archives. I tried putting a link to the stories, but for some reason it isn't working. So, if you go to: Gateworld Fanfic Archive, you can do a search for that author (the first story is near the top of her page and the second one is near the bottom of the list of her stories), and you should be able to get them. Good luck.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ewanderer.html
                        http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch.../theprice.html
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I don't know about the first one, but the second one sounds like "The Price of Edora" and the sequel, "The Wanderer" by Kimberly, which can be found in Gateworld's Fanfic Archives. I tried putting a link to the stories, but for some reason it isn't working. So, if you go to: Gateworld Fanfic Archive, you can do a search for that author (the first story is near the top of her page and the second one is near the bottom of the list of her stories), and you should be able to get them. Good luck.
                          Thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            And having just reread both of those stories, I realize there is a third in the series, and I'm trying to remember the title, and if I do, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Ha! And I just found the entire story (all three chapters) on ff.net

The Price of Edora, The Wanderer, Leaving on a Fast Train

Last edited by hedwig; 11 July 2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnabe View Post

For the frst one, it sounds like one that there was a search for in a FF.net forum

for the Forum chat about the story go to http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/24208/15880732/1/

and for the story Chicken Pox by Shanna1

Whether or not that is the story you are looking for I would still rec it for reading when you have the time (it's a long story, over 200k words).
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Does anyone remember a Sam/Jack fic where Sam wasn't on SG-1, instead Claire Tobias got the position? I think she still ends up at the SGC, but I'm not sure she's on any team - maybe just as a scientist. It might involve Jonas (her evil ex-fiancee, not the funny Kelownan).

Comment

Working...
                                X