Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to find a story that is based on the lyrics from the the song "That's How You Know" from the movie Enchanted. I'm pretty sure each chapter is for a different line of the song with the last chapter being about Sam finding out where Jack got his inspiration from; Cassie picking the movie for a team night I think.

The lyrics are about:

Leaving a little note to tell you you are on his mind Sending yellow flowers when the sky is grey

Taking you out dancin' just so he can hold you close Dedicating a song with words in it just for you

Wearing your favorite color just so he can match your eyes

Anyways it was a really cute story, in fact it was the reason that I watched the movie in the first place, and I wouldn't mind reading it again
    sigpic
    Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm so glad n grateful that we have this thread here.

I'm lookin for this Stargate Atlantis fanfic which involves an Earthan from tens of thousands of years in the future who travels thru the Stargate to an Atlantis past different from the canon one. This guy is an SGC staff from the future who's accidentally gone back in time out thru a Pegasus gate which is up in the sky fr some reason. He falls thru it, but his personal-shield, a human-made one, protects him from sustaining u know what. Apparently, in his time, a human scientist whomade it has surpassed even the greatest Ancient scientists. Maybe a bit far-fetched that humanity could've accomplished all that only 30000 years later.
      The shield
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Looking for a fic, in the "Sam and Jack stranded" category. Unfortunately, I can remember little about it, except they are helped by a group of humans who are led by a man called "Bob." These humans, IIRC, are sort of exiles or on the fringes of society. Sam and Jack have a baby named Bridget when they are rescued. Sorry, but maybe someone remembers more. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
          Looking for a fic, in the "Sam and Jack stranded" category. Unfortunately, I can remember little about it, except they are helped by a group of humans who are led by a man called "Bob." These humans, IIRC, are sort of exiles or on the fringes of society. Sam and Jack have a baby named Bridget when they are rescued. Sorry, but maybe someone remembers more. Thanks in advance.
          Found it(don't know how) on SamandJack.net. It's Asylum by Alli Snow.

Comment

I`m looking for a fic that has for paring Cameron Mitchel and Amy(a girl from Cams hometown). is there any fiction like that.
            Thanks all.

Comment

Awhile back, somebody was looking for a story wherein Sam has been captured offworld, and when she returns to the SGC she refuses to speak. Apparently while a prisoner wherever she was, a bomb of sorts was put in one of her teeth and if she speaks it will blow up. I can't find the posts where that was discussed and was wondering if anybody remembers the title of that story and/or the author? Somebody over on ff.net is looking for it, and I remembered it being brought up on this thread, so I thought I'd check here and if anybody remembers it, I can let that other person know where to look.

Comment

Nobody ever found the specific story that the original poster was talking about. A couple other fics were found that had similiar themes but weren't "it." Anyway, the original discussion was in the fanfic recs thread.

Comment

A while back I read a really good STA story but can not remember the title or author. This is what I CAN remember:

The team was in a city that was under a dome(?) that for some reason the wraith couldn't see. There was a machine that kept the city hidden behind a secret passage which of course Rodney stumbles on to. However once someone enters that chamber they have to sit in the chair(?) and run the machine until they die from it. Meanwhile the team isn't really worried about Rodney as they are under attack. Not understanding that running the machine would kill him, the team encourages Rodney to continue. Rodney naturally thinks that the teams knows it will kill him but doesn't care.

Does ring any bells with anyone?

Comment

nope....(i dislike team (don't care if SG-1 or SGA) fictions in which the team is either indifferent to one of its members or cruel to them, why? - because this is almost as out of character as you can be...not that i am generally against out of character (!) as sometimes circumstances do change people...or staying in character hampers the fiction)

i got something else for you to look for:

i am looking for recomendations of unusual pairings (non slash - that still squicks me) involving Jack O'neill (like: Jack/Jennifer Hailey...Jack/OC...you get the picture)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                      nope....(i dislike team (don't care if SG-1 or SGA) fictions in which the team is either indifferent to one of its members or cruel to them, why? - because this is almost as out of character as you can be...not that i am generally against out of character (!) as sometimes circumstances do change people...or staying in character hampers the fiction)

i am looking for recomendations of unusual pairings (non slash - that still squicks me) involving Jack O'neill (like: Jack/Jennifer Hailey...Jack/OC...you get the picture)

greetings LAX
                      Good luck you can check sg_rarepairings on Live Journal but i doubt you'll find anything long. Rare Pairings rarely get a longer fic dedicated to them. ff.net might have something, just look up Jack/Whatever character you want and you might find a few things.

Personally i have a new one which has been rolling around in my head... it's so obvious that it escapes most people's attention (especially if they don't watch SGA)

And since i'm here, anyone find any new Sam/John fics? I think i've found just about all of them on the internet
                      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                        Goa few things.

Personally i have a new one which has been rolling around in my head... it's so obvious that it escapes most people's attention (especially if they don't watch SGA)
                        Who? (she asked curiously...)

Caldwell
                        Radek
                        Ronon
                        John
                        Rodney
                        Lorne
                        Chuck
                        Carson

Did I leave anybody out???

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Who? (she asked curiously...)

Caldwell
                          Radek
                          Ronon
                          John
                          Rodney
                          Lorne
                          Chuck
                          Carson

Did I leave anybody out???
                          It was just an idea i had, taking something that was planned for SGA and giving it a twist I'll PM the deets
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post

greetings LAX
                            You can also try sg_lonelyship.

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post

And since i'm here, anyone find any new Sam/John fics? I think i've found just about all of them on the internet
                            Do you know about the LJ oddball_sga? Essentially it's an SGA specific group like lonelyship and rarepairings. I don't know if there's any Sam/John though because I don't really do SGA, but you never know.

And I assume you've seen all of these.

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                              You can also try sg_lonelyship.

Do you know about the LJ oddball_sga? Essentially it's an SGA specific group like lonelyship and rarepairings. I don't know if there's any Sam/John though because I don't really do SGA, but you never know.

And I assume you've seen all of these.
                              Alas yes, i've checked all three sites and more there are only about 20 Sam/John fics ranging from gen, friendship, to pure smut. Very few are longer than 5-6k words I think there are 3 stories right now that are longer and aren't just smut)

Champagne and Caviar is a nice short one and Rasintorte's stuff is usually funny and well thought out as well as very nicely characterized.

Comment

I figured you'd probably seen them all but I posted on the off chance you hadn't. I'm not surprised that there's so few fics with them, given that they had minimal interaction (compared to other characters across the shows) and the issue of fraternization is quite the hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                                X