Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the middle of a SG1 rewatch and I almost finished season 4, which means I just watch 2010. It got me thinking about Sam being/ becoming a mother. This, of course, is not covered in the series. So, if you can't find it in the episodes, look to the fan fiction. Does anyone out there have a recommendations? Fanfiction.net did not yield very much.
    Last edited by farchild628; 27 December 2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by farchild628 View Post
      I'm in the middle of a SG1 rewatch and I almost finished season 4, which means I just watch 2010. It got me thinking about Sam being/ becoming a mother. This, of course, is not covered in the series. So, if you can't find it in the episodes, look to the fan fiction. Does anyone out there have a recommendations? Fanfiction.net did not yield very much.
      I can't really think of any really good ones alas, then again i got about 10 minutes into searching before keeling over and goign into convulsions from the sugar shock.

Then again, i recall one fic that was actually pretty funny despite the cliches, it had Jack pestering Sam throughout the entire pregnancy about naming the kid (going to be a girl as they've had the obligatory twin males already) "Carter" because that's what Sam was to him for so long and he wants to name her after her.

Had some pretty funny lines like "If you name my Daughter "Carter O'Neill", i swear i'm going to leave oyu and drop the kid off to be raised by Ish'ta's people." hahaha there were a tond of those and i actually found it pretty enjoyable

It's a funny ending as well, and Dr Lam kinda goes "uhhh... really?" hahaha once instance where the cliches worked!
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Bearing in mind I'm a non shipper... I've always liked janissima's J/S. (She also has a cute aware Sam kidfic, and some other adventure fic) They are a little sweet, but also a bit of adventure too, and the children, even if a bit on the save the world side, are cute too. I believe the first fic is A Mother's love, followed by A Father's Devotion, but there may have been one prior to that that addresses the coming together and birth? I don't remember i'll go look. and perhaps return with links.
        sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

a few years ago, i read a fic where jack had died and sam had to go to the funeral. it was all told from sam's pov, and it ended with her being given the flag by jack's x-wife, and sam *finally* breaking down and crying.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
            Bearing in mind I'm a non shipper... I've always liked janissima's J/S. (She also has a cute aware Sam kidfic, and some other adventure fic) They are a little sweet, but also a bit of adventure too, and the children, even if a bit on the save the world side, are cute too. I believe the first fic is A Mother's love, followed by A Father's Devotion, but there may have been one prior to that that addresses the coming together and birth? I don't remember i'll go look. and perhaps return with links.
            "A Mother's Love" is the first of those two. It's about an AU Sam who brings her and AU Jack's son "JJ" to our reality to protect him from an Ashrak (if I remember correctly), and our Sam and Jack and most of the SGC wind up taking care of JJ until the danger is past. "A Father's Determination" continues that story with the Sam and Jack of our reality and their own son. A really great story and sequel in those two stories.

A Mother's Love
            A Father's Determination

By the same author:

To Save a Life
            To Save a Life - Epilogue
            Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness
            Last edited by hedwig; 27 December 2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

If you haven't read them already, you might try:

Doppelganger and Terms of Endearment by SqueeG-1 (for some reason, the link to this story won't work, but it is there.)
              and
              Doorstep by WarmTea

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                "A Mother's Love" is the first of those two. It's about an AU Sam who brings her and AU Jack's son "JJ" to our reality to protect him from an Ashrak (if I remember correctly), and our Sam and Jack and most of the SGC wind up taking care of JJ until the danger is past. "A Father's Determination" continues that story with the Sam and Jack of our reality and their own son. A really great story and sequel in those two stories.

A Mother's Love
                A Father's Determination

By the same author:

To Save a Life
                To Save a Life - Epilogue
                Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness
                Thanks!

I forgot i was supposed to be looking for links.
                sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

I've been searching everywhere for a fic, and I don't think I'm going to find it less I ask someone.

It's defiantly a Jack Whump fic, beginning with Carter coming to get him off world where he was captured for some time. For reasons I can't remember, the SGC has to pretend that Jack is still a prisoner (this time of the SGC, specifically Sam). They keep him locked up, and Sam has to eventually convince him to put on this collar. I remember they are doing this under the eye of the aliens that initially took him. They are hanging out in the solar system and threatening to attack earth at any point. The aliens come back at the end of this story, and don't believe the act that the SGC are preforming, and demand that Jack be returned. The president comes in an accepts this, and Sam has to "order" Jack to return with them.

I think this is the first story in a multiple part series, and the Asgard are involved in the later series. I remember that in a later story Jack holds the SGC hostage looking for one of the aliens hiding (as a personal) within the base.

Sorry for the horrible synopsis, any help would be great!! Thanks

Comment

no choice by celeste?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

?

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

the fic she's looking for
                        No Choice written by Celeste

I can't post a link because it has mature content, but i'm pretty sure it's www.jackfic.net

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          the fic she's looking for
                          No Choice written by Celeste

I can't post a link because it has mature content, but i'm pretty sure it's www.jackfic.net
                          There's one there called "What Choice Now?" by Celeste.

Comment

maybe the title changed since i saved it. i save fic in word format, sometimes c/p off mailing lists. and my saves can be years old, so if things change, i won't know. I just know that the 'no choice' fic is 4 parts and has sam being jack's 'captor/dominator' and she's doing it under pressure, so much angst for all

sigpic

Comment

If I remember correctly "What Choice now" and "No Choice" was an original and a sequel.
                              Celeste's stories can sometimes be a bit confusing because depending on where they were posted, you may not realize that certain stories are part of a series.
                              Also, they are in a zip file, I think it's the SG1 or Geocities file that Pol uses for filesharing.
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

When I first read the story I had actually begun reading the sequel and spent a good while looking for it on the web. I ended up emailing Celeste, and she sent it to me. So if you are looking for it I'd suggest emailing her is the best way.

Comment

Working...
                                X