This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thinke View Post
    I'm also recalling an alternate universe where they lived in this AU for several years, or maybe its a time travel story with the same idea.

Any ideas?
    This is probably not the one you are looking for, mostly because they are stuck for only a few weeks, but it's so well written that I had to pitch it out.

It's called "Distorted Reflections" and places the team on a radically different Earth. It crosses over with the series "Jeremiah," but no previous knowledge is necessary.

Comment

does anyone know a good cross over between Star Trek and Babylon 5?

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Hey guys!

I'm going to get straight to the point.

#1 I'm looking for a good fic where the stargate program is disclosed to the public.

#2 I am also interested in some good Enemy at the Gate rewrites. I didn't care much for the original.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
          Hey guys!

I'm going to get straight to the point.

#1 I'm looking for a good fic where the stargate program is disclosed to the public.

#2 I am also interested in some good Enemy at the Gate rewrites. I didn't care much for the original.
          There's a really fleshed out one on FF.net called "Bandits approaching the Entrance" that leads into a Stargate Disclosure fic. lemme see if i can find it

*Hums the stargate theme*

here we go LINK

i've read the first and it's very well made, but disclosure fics aren't my style.

i'm sure there are more. Hell i'm collaborating with Wraith Queen Inga to rewrite it (we're changing the story significantly though. Not even really similar)

Comment

Hey im looking for a Jack centric fic I read before. Iv looked for ages for it but cant seem to find it and would be forever greatful if someone could help me.

It starts out with SG1 on some Goa'uld planet. There detected and try to escape. Jack/Sam plants C4 to slow the Jaffa. The Gate has been dialed back to earth but when the C4 blows it reacts with Naquada in the soil and knocks Jack out and he looses his memory and is then put to work in the mines. The rest of SG1 had managed to escape and send a UAV to try to find jack. Jack, still not knowing who he is, manages to kill one of the Jaffa guards and is punished severly for this by being tied down in the sun for afew days. When SG1 finally come to rescue Jack he dosnt recognise them but when he sees Teal'cs tattoo he immediatly drops to his knees expecting to be beaten.

They eventually get him back but cant really remember what happens after that

Anyone recognise it?? I would be soooo soooo soooo soooo greatful if someone recognised it. I've been searching for ages without any success.
            Ah…Colonel?
            It's my sidearm, I swear…
            [giggles]
            No giggling, please…

Comment

I'm looking for a story in which a box of some kind has been discovered offworld, and Sam has been examining it. The story goes on to suggest that during a mission Sam has met an interesting man who takes an interest in her and (if I remember correctly) offers to help with some sort of research, during which time Sam becomes attracted to him, leaves the SGC, and goes off to the other world where she and this man are married. They have children together and Sam grows old, and her husband dies leaving her alone. I hate to give away the ending, but apparently this is all a dream that Sam has been experiencing while actually being in something like a coma in the infirmary at the SGC. I think the title of the story is "The Box", but I'm not sure. I've done a lot of searching and can't find it. Does it ring any bells with anyone, and if anybody remembers it, can you provide a link? Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I'm looking for a story in which a box of some kind has been discovered offworld, and Sam has been examining it. The story goes on to suggest that during a mission Sam has met an interesting man who takes an interest in her and (if I remember correctly) offers to help with some sort of research, during which time Sam becomes attracted to him, leaves the SGC, and goes off to the other world where she and this man are married. They have children together and Sam grows old, and her husband dies leaving her alone. I hate to give away the ending, but apparently this is all a dream that Sam has been experiencing while actually being in something like a coma in the infirmary at the SGC. I think the title of the story is "The Box", but I'm not sure. I've done a lot of searching and can't find it. Does it ring any bells with anyone, and if anybody remembers it, can you provide a link? Thanks very much.
                Rings a bell, but not the one you want.

That's obviously a stargate version of the Star Trek Episode "the Inner Light" where Picard lives an entire lifetime with the same circumstances in 25 minutes while he's passed out on the bridge. (i'm not sure where Star Trek got it from though...)

I wouldn't be surprised if "the Box" has something inside that Sam loved in her alternate life

I'm intrigued with this fic too... If someone does find it i'd love to read it

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                  Rings a bell, but not the one you want.

That's obviously a stargate version of the Star Trek Episode "the Inner Light" where Picard lives an entire lifetime with the same circumstances in 25 minutes while he's passed out on the bridge. (i'm not sure where Star Trek got it from though...)

I wouldn't be surprised if "the Box" has something inside that Sam loved in her alternate life

I'm intrigued with this fic too... If someone does find it i'd love to read it
                  Yes, the story is in many ways like the episode in TNG where Picard experienced another person's life.

I'll keep checking back here to see if anybody recognizes it and remembers the title/author. And I'll keep rifling through all my saved fics to see if (hopefully) I saved it. And if I find it, I'll post the title/author name here.

Comment

Oh! I have totally read this! But where, oh where did I find it...

EDIT: Oh, oh! I think this is it!

Boxes are Full of Mysteries by Veep
                    Last edited by sbz; 19 September 2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

i read this some time ago.

jack's died, and it's from sam's pov about her grief. i don't remember it being very long, but here's some stuff i remember to help someone help me find it.

sam can't cry. she goes to the funeral in kind of a numb state. daniel, teal'c, and janet are there for her. it's not till the end, when sam's at his casket alone and sara, jack's ex-wife comes up to sam... she wants sam to have the flag, that usually goes to the family. sam accepts it i think, but it's after sara walks away that sam finally breaks down and cries.

does this ring a bell with anyone? it's an older fic.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                        Oh! I have totally read this! But where, oh where did I find it...

EDIT: Oh, oh! I think this is it!

Boxes are Full of Mysteries by Veep
                        Bless you! And, YES, that's the one. I knew "box" was in the title, and of course I messed up my description of what happened in the story (happens all the time)). Now I can add it to my collection, since I didn't have it saved.

Thank you!

Comment

Bless you! And, YES, that's the one. I knew "box" was in the title, and of course I messed up my description of what happened in the story (happens all the time)). Now I can add it to my collection, since I didn't have it saved.

Thank you!
                          My pleasure. It's a good story.

Comment

Any good Asgard fics with massive fleet wars.
                            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                              Any good Asgard fics with massive fleet wars.
                              I remember reading a Whatif about the Asgard coming to help Earth deal with Anubis's invasion. Without spoiling the plot it's alot less of a plot device with the drones but there are some things which made me go 0_o.

Not exactly a happy fic either as Earth takes a serious pounding (why i actually stopped reading as stories like that turn me off) I do remember the Asgard being a little more bloodthirsty though so that mgiht sate you

I think it was called "Altered Destiny"... can't seem to find it. I remember it was on FF.net but perhaps elsewhere too

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                                I remember reading a Whatif about the Asgard coming to help Earth deal with Anubis's invasion. Without spoiling the plot it's alot less of a plot device with the drones but there are some things which made me go 0_o.

Not exactly a happy fic either as Earth takes a serious pounding (why i actually stopped reading as stories like that turn me off) I do remember the Asgard being a little more bloodthirsty though so that mgiht sate you

I think it was called "Altered Destiny"... can't seem to find it. I remember it was on FF.net but perhaps elsewhere too
                                My curiosity got the better of me, so I googled that title and came up with this:

Altered Destiny

Is this the one? from the description, Anubis and the Asgard are in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X