sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      Cool. But where was the iris?
      My thoughts exactly.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        My thoughts exactly.
        from what i remember, they never installed one because they had no need, no one knew the address but earth....just think back to the episode when replicarter showed up there, there wasnt an iris.
        sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedgex23 View Post
          from what i remember, they never installed one because they had no need, no one knew the address but earth....just think back to the episode when replicarter showed up there, there wasnt an iris.
          Exactly. I tried to post that earlier but for some reason couldn't log in... but yeah, the Alpha Site has never had an iris.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

That's worse that the "atrocity-that-was-the-unsheilded-Midway-gate".

I mean come on, you rattled off a whole list of people who knew where it was!
            sigpic

Comment

I recall no list... *whistles innocently*
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yeah, s09, this is a serious flop here.

And an even more serious one: How come they left a multy megaton nuclera device so it oculd be activated by fliping a damn switch?! You have any idea what kind of security those things haev in real life? Mitchel wouln't even have been able to open the door to the godamn thing.

As to the stunt with the self destrcut, I'd have mitchell court martialed for it, billions of dollars of infrastrcuture have been lost.

AS to his oposition to using Agent 1, that's ridiculous, humans dn't think that way, teh Der'kal are true aliens, our sense of compasion and morality that we extend to other humans doen't work on them. It would take a serious tree huger to oppose that virus. Especialy now that it's safe to use.

The quality of work is falling off mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  Yeah, s09, this is a serious flop here.
                  Okay... I am no the one who decided the Alpha Site doesn't have an iris. Take it up with TPTB.

And an even more serious one: How come they left a multy megaton nuclera device so it oculd be activated by fliping a damn switch?! You have any idea what kind of security those things haev in real life? Mitchel wouln't even have been able to open the door to the godamn thing.
                  You do watch Stargate, right? It takes these people all of 5 seconds to ready the auto-destruct system on the show, and in "Lockdown," they were able to just walk right into the room itself and turn it on in about three seconds.

So yes, he most certainly would have been able to do exactly what I said he could. I'm sorry if it's not realistic, but I'm playing by the rules of the show.

As to the stunt with the self destrcut, I'd have mitchell court martialed for it, billions of dollars of infrastrcuture have been lost.
                  Technically it could be argued that he saved a major headache in the end anyway; the Der'kal had control of the base for quite a bit of time, and could have been collecting a good amount of raw data on Earth's defenses. Releasing the virus wouldn't have killed them all instantly, and there probably would have been enough time for some of the aliens to beam out (remember, as of "Traitors," the Der'kal have limited knowledge and use of beaming technology) and take the info with them. This way, they were all killed at once, with no way to get anyone out or preserve any information.

AS to his oposition to using Agent 1, that's ridiculous, humans dn't think that way, teh Der'kal are true aliens, our sense of compasion and morality that we extend to other humans doen't work on them. It would take a serious tree huger to oppose that virus. Especialy now that it's safe to use.
                  There are still arguments raging amongst the Atlantis Expedition as to whether or not turning them unto humans is morally right, or using Michael's modified Hoffan drug to wipe them all out, and the Wraith are just as alien as the Der'kal are. And maybe you have no problems with exterminating another species, but I certainly do; once you start down that path, no matter what rationale you have, there's no turning back. That is Mitchell's logic, as well.

The quality of work is falling off mate.
                  Eh, I'm providing a free service, I can only crank out so much creative juice at once. Especially considering that in the span of time it takes TPTB to do one season, I've written out three. And you disagree with one plot point of one episode... I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that gives anyone the right to jump on my back about it.

Okay, rant over Back to my happy place.

Comment

Stay in the happy place, but I won't have enforced amnesia.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      You do watch Stargate,

There are still arguments raging amongst the Atlantis Expedition as to whether or not turning them unto humans is morally right, or using Michael's modified Hoffan drug to wipe them all out, and the Wraith are just as alien as the Der'kal are. And maybe you have no problems with exterminating another species, but I certainly do; once you start down that path, no matter what rationale you have, there's no turning back. That is Mitchell's logic, as well.

Eh, I'm providing a free service, I can only crank out so much creative juice at once. Especially considering that in the span of time it takes TPTB to do one season, I've written out three. And you disagree with one plot point of one episode... I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that gives anyone the right to jump on my back about it.

Okay, rant over Back to my happy place.
                      See This is why I don't rant about how much the writers are going to fail us, or how much they suck. They provide us with these stories, and not everyones gonna like them.

I personally thought tet was one of your better ones.

everyone else seems to think the contrary. but it doesn't mean our quality of story is failing, It just means you wrote a story that wasn't too crazy popular. Crazy tom, and the others can put a sock in it. Because art is subjective, especially witting.

Keep up the good job.

Oh and for all you others reading this, this came from someone who opposes fan fic. so choke on it...
                      [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Another great ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                          Another great ep.
                          +1

I completely agree.

Only question.... how long till next one? (and preview )

Comment

its easy to get your point across that your right... especially if you're the writer of the fic...

just tell them a single line:
                            "if you want it better YOU write it... don't whine about MY fic which is MY idea..."

usually gets people to shut up

and if not... theres something positive that wow had... /ignore...
                            Spoiler:

My personal developed Tsurjan Space Interceptor Craft.

Comment

I'm not whining. I don't even normally point out basic errors; I accept things generally. This just seemed like an insanely out-of-character flaw in the story, that could be easily fixed by simply saying something like "they jammed our iris controls so we can't shut it" or something like that.
                              sigpic

Comment

no but its true that the alpha site never had an iris...

look up the one episode with alec colsen in it (the one he tries to go public on the stargate program, or at least to reveal what he knows.) somewhere in season 7 it was i believe...

i've never seen em the iris if it has one at least. so its safe to assume they don't have one.
                                Spoiler:

My personal developed Tsurjan Space Interceptor Craft.

Comment

Working...
                                X